PDA

View Full Version : Ristoril.... King Puss of the day.

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 06:31 AM
People who's only goal is to try and get you into trouble annoy me.

[Town Square, Small Park]
A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. You also see the Oguo disk, the Grantor disk, the purple Valiren disk, the fiery red Lanceer disk, the Taozu disk, a wooden shield, a short sword, a single arrow shaft and a single arrow shaft.
Also here: Snowwolf (sitting), Lord Swordfyre, Journeyman Oguo (sitting), Sumdog, Grantor, Borkul, Valiren, Siltop, Sejin, Gammerin, Hirad (sitting), Lanceer (sitting), Chardran, Lady Ithlen, Ithu, Eiderfleur, Lazare, Kelrathir (kneeling), Valint (sitting), Ristoril (sleeping), Perdin, Taelrak, Sickz, Taozu (sitting), Garak (sitting)
Obvious paths: north, south, west

You grunt in annoyance.
You grab the arrow shaft and drag it south with you . . .
You grab the short sword and drag it south with you . . .
You grab the wooden shield and drag it south with you . . .
You dust off a weatherworn grey marble statue.
You dust off a polished mithril plaque.

Ristoril stands up.

Ristoril just went south.

Ristoril just arrived.

Ristoril drops a short sword.

Ristoril drops a single arrow shaft.

Ristoril sits down.

You stare at Ristoril.

You reach into Ristoril's pockets and pull out nothing.

You ask, "Min not litt'rin up me 'ome?"

Ristoril struggles to stand, but fails.

You grunt in annoyance.

Ristoril stands up.

Ristoril just arrived.

You stare at Ristoril.

You ask, "ya dumb an def?"

You see Ristoril Melandrie the Swordsman.
He appears to be a Giantman of the Arctic Clan.
He appears to be young and shorter than average. He has brooding ale-brown eyes and bronze skin. He has cropped, tousled jet black hair shaved at the temples. He has a square-jawed face, a crooked nose and a small goatee.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a golden vultite shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a gold ring, some dull purple half plate, an iron-studded leather weapon harness, a backpack, a voluminous black stalking cloak, a sturdy dark leather tool satchel, a shimmering glaesine orb, a large sack, and a gold-edged white diamond choker.

Ristoril says, "not yer home."

Ristoril shrugs.

You pick up a single arrow shaft.

Ristoril says, "unless yer a bum."

As you place a single arrow shaft into a painted wooden barrel you feel pleased with yourself at having cleaned up the surrounding area.

You haul off and slap Ristoril up'side the head!

Ristoril glances at you.

You remove a cleverly embellished document from in your infantry boots.

Ristoril just arrived.

You show Ristoril your embellished document.

You put a cleverly embellished document in your infantry boots.

Ristoril shrugs.

Ristoril says, "its not official"

You let Ristoril know that the two of you might engage in CvC combat soon. Although your warning has been logged, you should wait for his response before taking any action.

Ristoril declines your warning, indicating that he has no desire for combat.

You say, "I wouln push yer luck fella."

Ristoril glances at you.

You say, "stop tryin ta irritate me.. ya live longer."

You pick up a single arrow shaft.

As you place a single arrow shaft into a painted wooden barrel you feel pleased with yourself at having cleaned up the surrounding area.

Ristoril says, "yer document is embellished"

You say, "My cleaver ain."

Ristoril shrugs.

Ristoril says, "don't swing at me"

You say, "Gian's are so slow."

You ask, "Or?"

You cock your head at Ristoril.

Ristoril says, "no or. just don't."

You say, "uh huh."

You say, "emp'y threat der."

Ristoril says, "not a threat"

You say, "like yer 'ead."

Ristoril says, "just don't"

You say, "Don litter up me park."

Ristoril just arrived.

Ristoril drops a wooden shield.

You crouch, sweep a leg at Ristoril and connect!
MS: +230 - MD: +76 + MAvA: -1 + d100: +43 == +196
Success!
Ristoril falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

Ristoril says, "not yers"

You say, "I'll not ask 'gain fool."

Ristoril says, "I'll not listen again."

Ristoril stands up.

Ristoril says, "and don't attack me."

You say, "if ya wanna start a figh wid me.. yer doin a good job."

Ristoril says, "nay, but its not yer park"

You pick up a wooden shield.

As you place a wooden shield into a painted wooden barrel you feel pleased with yourself at having cleaned up the surrounding area.

Ristoril just arrived.

Ristoril drops an oaken wand.

You swing a closed fist at Ristoril!
AS: +89 vs DS: +305 with AvD: -17 + d100 roll: +42 = -191
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Ithlen smiles at Copernicus.

Ristoril says, "like I said, please don't attack me."

You say, "Like I said.. don irritate me."

Ristoril says, "not my fault if ye have small nerves"

You say, "not my faul if ya got small brains."

Ristoril just arrived.

Ristoril drops a large acorn.

You draw the vultite dagger. It makes a strange sound as it slides from your harness, like the distant scream of a forlorn soul.

You leap from hiding to attack!
You fail to find an opening for the strike.
Roundtime: 5 Sec.

Ristoril says, "don't attack me."

You say, "Warnin shot 'gain."

Ristoril says, "don't attack me, Falgrin."

You say, "Den stop pushin me."

Ristoril says, "not yer park"

Ristoril just opened a backpack.

You say, "I asked ya kin'ly not ta litter in my park.. yet ya continue."

You say, "As ya continue ta irritate me.. yer riskin loss of limb."

You ask, "Left or righ 'and?"

Ristoril says, "i like acorns"

Ristoril shrugs.

You swing an elegant vultite dagger at Ristoril!
AS: +397 vs DS: +331 with AvD: -12 + d100 roll: +5 = +59
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Ristoril says, "ah, that was real nice"

You swing an elegant vultite dagger at Ristoril!
AS: +447 vs DS: +331 with AvD: -12 + d100 roll: +83 = +187
... and hit for 3 points of damage!
Light, bruising slash to Ristoril's left thigh.

Ristoril says, "don't attack me, Falgrin"

You put an elegant vultite dagger in your leather weapons harness.

You pick up a large acorn.

As you place a large acorn into a painted wooden barrel you feel pleased with yourself at having cleaned up the surrounding area.

Ristoril just went north.

Ristoril just arrived.

You remove a blackened invar-hafted cleaver from in your leather weapons harness.

Ristoril drops some double leather.

You swing a blackened invar-hafted cleaver at Ristoril!
AS: +476 vs DS: +331 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +93 = +267
... and hit for 80 points of damage!
Left hip pulped, severing the leg.
Ristoril screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!
He is stunned!

You say, "I asked nicely."

You say, "four times."

Chardran says, "dat looked like it hurt"

You say, "Jes cause yerra gian.. don mean ya kin be ign'ran all yer life."

You reach into Ristoril's pockets and pull out nothing.

You say, "learn from yer ign'rance."

You nod to Ristoril.

You say, "Purposely comin 'ere ta simply annoy me will git ya 'urt."

Ristoril says, "thanks falgrin"

Ristoril says, "still won't listen to you, though."

You say, "welcome."

Ristoril says, "yer an idiot"

You say, "uh huh."

You say, "so says da one legged 'alf brained gian."

Ristoril says, "so please stop hitting and abusing me"

Ristoril whispers, "GMs have been watching the whole time."

Ristoril grins evilly.

You quietly whisper to Ristoril, "When you come to roleplay... be sure you know what happens when you roleplay being someone looking for attention."

You quietly whisper to Ristoril, "I'm looked at alot I am sure."

Ristoril whispers, "wasn't looking for attention. I dropped one item."

You quietly whisper to Ristoril, "unfortunately.. it is you that has an inability to roleplay the senario out.. which is my fault for thinking you could."

Ristoril whispers, "I've been here before you, I'll be here after you. You're one of the biggest pains in the ass ever."

You quietly whisper to Ristoril, "If you really believe that the player behind Falgrin cares one iota if you drop stuff in a game.. your sadly mistaken. It's simply a roleplay I've chosen to take."

Ristoril whispers, "and if you'd check back, most of what I dropped was acorns. I like plant life, I wanted to grow trees."

You quietly whisper to Ristoril, "But.. the thing is... by continuing to drop stuff here.. you subject yourself to the roleplay at hand... do you not?"

Ristoril whispers, "the roleplay on my part was to grow a tree.

You quietly whisper to Ristoril, "I don't think I would be here if I didn't realize no one owns a room full of text. Please try to distinguish between roleplaying and just being an ass."

Suddenly, there is a puff of smoke and a blinding flash of light as Khana arrives to answer Ristoril's assist.

Ristoril clasps Khana's hand tenderly.

Ristoril's group just went south.

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 06:38 AM
Heh. He is named after a sleeping pill. What could one expect? :D

HarmNone figures the guy is drugged

AkMan
11-01-2003, 06:42 AM
Let us know what happened with his assist/report/whining.

Artha
11-01-2003, 07:11 AM
You didn't steal from him!?!?

Betheny
11-01-2003, 07:16 AM
He should take lots of his namesake.

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Artha
You didn't steal from him!?!?

Heh... look again.

He had as much silver as he had roleplaying ability.

Betheny
11-01-2003, 07:24 AM
You gave him plenty of opportunnity to cease. Littering is stupid, anyway. If y ou're going to drop something, at least drop it in an uncrowded area.

I used to get pissed when I'd walk in and see the Garden Niche full of arrows and stuff. Herbs are even worse.

Xcalibur
11-01-2003, 07:44 AM
For one of the first time, i disagree on that. He asked you like 10 times to not attack him.

I'm sure he reported it before, and ask you to leave him alone, and again and again.

It's like when you put your demeanor at cold and tell some people to not touch you and they go on and try and try.

I know gemstone is stupid like that, but when someone ask you to leave him alone, you should do it.

[Edited on 1-11-03 by Xcalibur]

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Hate to say it Parkbandit, but I have to agree with X here. He asked you several times not to engage him in CvC, he may have been annoying but he was in no way breaking any rules other than your own and common courtesy, which unfortunately does not justify CvC nor PvP....

Thats just my official upstanding citizen stance of course....

My own personal stance is....piss off someone and pay the consequences and suck it up if it don't go your way.

Just my take on things

Ansherak

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 08:08 AM
As I see it, Ristoril was pushing the edges of policy, and doing so purposefully. He was picking a damned fight. There is no question in my mind that he was trying to do so. Then, when the fight he wanted was offered, he declined and continued with his annoying behavior. That, to me, is abusing policy in and of itself.

He knows he is being irritating, he is doing it on purpose, and he hopes to provoke a situation in which he draws another to do something out of policy and then points the finger at them. He is using policy to back up his asinine behavior. He is a troublemaker, pure and simple.

Were it my decision, and if the entire incident was as is shown in the log Parkbandit posted, I would give him something he did not expect: a lecture, a warning, and an admonition not to go around trying to pick fights and then using policy to make himself look like the innocent. Of course, that is probably why the likes of me are not GMs. :D

HarmNone reads between the lines

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 08:16 AM
You give the twit overly to much credit, I seriously doubt he was trying to skirt the edge of "policy" But probably more than likely didn't like the bandits attitude, I agreee with bandit in that I myself probably wouldnt have been as kind, but I'm perfectly willing to put up warns, ect.

At no point did he really do anything that was so offensive it justified CvC or PvP, annoying just doesnt cut it anymore or we would have deeding left right and center.

Perhaps we need more of this actually!?
It might settle down the nimrods in the long run.

We can debate right and wrong all we want, but at the end of the day, the only one that broke policy was Parkbandit, and I am NOT saying I disagree with him!
Just saying he was the one that did it.

Ansherak

AnticorRifling
11-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Parkbandit asked the assmunch to stop littering more than once too. Didn't stop him from dropping crap pushing the issue. Several warning shot were given and the idiot still left with his life.

You showed more patiences for stupidity than me. I would have broke out my curse scrolls.

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 08:21 AM
And done what!? Fumbled an invoke?

*chuckle*

Yer scary.

Ansherak

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Ansherak
At no point did he really do anything that was so offensive it justified CvC or PvP, annoying just doesnt cut it anymore or we would have deeding left right and center.
Ansherak

Precisely why the griefers have taken over the world, so to speak. In my opinion, they DO know what they are doing. They get away with it, and the stupidity proliferates. GMs need to look at more than just the obvious, in my opinion.

HarmNone does not play with brats:moon:

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Yea but Harmnone, you left out the part where me, myself, would have more than likely dealt with the "gentlemen" in a much more unrestrained manner.

I am in no way condoning his behaviour, I'm saying if push came to shove, Parkbandit unfortunately would be the agressor and therefore be the guilty one, In Simu's eyes.

I myself, would not have shown so much restraint, was sorta funny the first time he did it, but after that he was just plain trying to piss someone off.....

Wake a snake, prepare to be bit.

I've been both bitten and done the biting, you live and learn, No warn verb...ect, and this becomes a non issue.

Do something stupidly annoying, pay the price.

Anyone remember Grhom? If you do, then remember he only took one leg at a time for pissing him off.

Ansherak

Fixed an obvious spelling error, left the rest for you to pick apart.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by Ansherak]

Edaarin
11-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Ristoril = Krenith ya know.

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 08:44 AM
I hear you, Ansherak. I do not believe that any of us who were around for awhile, especially those of us who were around before the AOL influx, would put up with the crap Ristoril was dishing out without collecting a few body parts for our trouble. ;)

My point is that policies should not be writ in stone. There are grey areas. Anybody who is placed in a position of power, like the GMs, should be thoroughly tested to ensure that he/she has the ability to intelligently analyze the whole of a situation before applying policy to the situation. It will be interesting to hear from Parkbandit to see what was the result of Ristoril's Assist. Much will depend on who handles it, but that is entirely another smelly kettle of fish. :)

HarmNone on anarchy vs chaos

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Bah!

HarmNone, your arguement goes out the window with that!!

You're asking people to use logic and common sense!
Pfffft!! That doesnt exist in most teens!

*chuckle*

Ansherak

Xcalibur
11-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Facts

Ristoril was being a pain in the ass for parkbandit

Parkbandit asked him to fight

he says no

Ristoril continue to be a pain by bringing stuff (which is NOT against policy) in the park

Parkbandit challenge him with the right verb

Ristoril says no

parkbandit ask him again and again

Ristoril still says no

parkbandit attacks him

Parkbandit was completely wrong in doing that.

11-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Three things...
Ristoril whispers, "I've been here before you, I'll be here after you. You're one of the biggest pains in the ass ever."

First of all I am the biggest pain in the ass ever..

Second that is exactly why i dont use the challenge verb. people pick a fight and do things to anger you and then they hide behind mechanics.

Third why get into a I was RPing argument and This is how you RP im always amused by the people who get ino thoes talks with me. Its simple do your deed and ignore the rest of the stuff you dont have to put on a show for the gm that is watching over your shoulder. It appears to me after you took off his leg you two started to play the Im a better RPer than you game. And you dont know how to RP.

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 08:55 AM
We've established that point X, but thanks for bringing up the painfully obvious.

Anything new to add to the conversation or just practicing your english?

Ansherak

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately.. this is still a roleplaying game to me.

The roleplay that I have chosen for Falgrin is that of a scoundrel and scamp... a real pain in the ass sometimes. Falgrin believes the park is his... he's claimed it since it was made. He believes he is the keeper of the area.

You can see before our interaction ever initiated that the first thing Falgrin does is 'clean' up the park. He removes all the crap on the ground, dusts off 'his' statue and plaque. Then he goes about 'cleaning' out the occupants :)

If someone has chosen to come to the park and litter... PURPOSELY to antagonize Falgrin.. I look at that as a roleplaying conflict. I tried to get him to stop littering up with conversation first... but that didn't work. I gave him plenty of warnings... but he 'knew' that if he didn't attack Falgrin... he could not be attacked in return. Sorry, that's simply not the case. You want to initiate a conflict with my thief.. then be prepared for the full consequences of your actions.

What should Falgrin have done that would have been in character? Shrug his shoulders and walk away? Not too much in character for Falgrin I'm afraid.

Clearly Ristoril initiated the conflict for the sole purpose of getting me in trouble with the GMs. I didn't realize that at first, but I should have. I should have stopped interacting with him the moment he started dragging stuff in and saying "Don't attack me".

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'll stick with my chosen roleplay in this senario.

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Parkbandit may have broken policy, Xcalibur (if policy is strictly by the book, with no discernment allowed or attempted), but he was not wrong, in my opinion.

HarmNone has opinions :D

Xcalibur
11-01-2003, 09:00 AM
It was a direct answer to harmnone's As I see it, Ristoril was pushing the edges of policy, and doing so purposefully. He was picking a damned fight.

By the way, Parkbandit, I would had done worse, hide, stalk, tap, fog exit voln, hide, wait for him to come out, kill.

I'm practicing every day, thanks for the concern :lol:

whisper @ by keeping this behavior with me, you're accepting any kind of PvP with me, that was your only warning, thanks

that little sentence (or the like) was a savior in 95% of the times

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Ansherak
Bah!

HarmNone, your arguement goes out the window with that!!

You're asking people to use logic and common sense!
Pfffft!! That doesnt exist in most teens!

*chuckle*

Ansherak

Heh. Again, there are grey areas. I met some people in the game who surprised me greatly when I learned they were teens. Their ability to roleplay, to understand nuance, and to interface intellectually with those a good deal older than they amazed and heartened me. The trouble is (or was, in my case) that they were quickly overrun by the idiots (not all teens by any stretch of the imagination) who came and stayed for the pure enjoyment they derive from making the lives of others totally miserable.:thumbsdown:

HarmNone knew some great young players

Ansherak
11-01-2003, 09:07 AM
I don't think any rational and mature player (or poster) here disagrees with you, this falls into that really large area of "shades of grey" as far as realy policy concerns go.

It would almost certainly fall upon the GM's whims at that moment as to how serious they thought the breach was if it eventually got that far.

I myself, do not play a bully, but I will roleplay my character appropriately, and if a GM see's fit to pull me into consultaion over it, I'll argue my case vehemently, I am biased after all!

For most part, I've found most GM's to be quite liberal when it comes to role playing, They're not idiots for most part, some may indeed be vindictive! But not idiots.

They'll usually look at the situation and generally make a judgement call, and I will freely admit there are some GM's that lack in that regard, but then, some that are superb. *shrugs*

Luck of the draw.

Just like going to court now days, sometimes you win when ya shouldn't and sometimes you lose when you shouldn't....that in and of itslef is sorta worth it all no?

Ansherak.

Nothing to see here folks, just cleaning up the brutality of another spelling accident.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by Ansherak]

CrystalTears
11-01-2003, 09:08 AM
I have no problem with what Parkbandit did. He was cleaning up an area, "his" park or not and the guy kept bringing back the items just to be a jerk. He said he only brought back acorns. I didn't realize short swords and shields were acorns. <rolls her eyes>

You warned him plenty, he was being a jerk, and you were just being your character. Fine by me. I can't believe he reported you though, if that's what he meant by being watched. What a jerk. I wish people would own up to their own actions.

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Grey areas are where the fun lies :)

CrystalTears
11-01-2003, 09:14 AM
I miss the days of people being able to retaliate even if you so much as scoff at them sideways. People are too wishy-washy these days.

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 09:18 AM
So, what was the result of all this, Parkbandit? Did you get a chewing out, or what?

HarmNone wonders a lot...:D

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
So, what was the result of all this, Parkbandit? Did you get a chewing out, or what?

HarmNone wonders a lot...:D

Actually... I haven't been able to play much since that happened (Happened on Wednesday). I hope I'll be out of work later today and play tonight.

I fully expect to be brought up if the GM didn't see the situation from the start. Heck, even if the GM did, I'll still probably be brought up.. I mean I DID attack someone after they declined the WARN COMBAT... I'm sure that throws up some huge red flags somewhere.

But I still believe it was CvC and not PvP.... and CvC is not against policy.

CrystalTears
11-01-2003, 09:46 AM
I hate WARN! I hate it! :mad:

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 09:49 AM
I will be interested in how this case is handled, and by whom. To me, it is patently obvious that Ristoril was trouble-seeking. The reason is not clear, but the intent is, as far as I am concerned. When these things come up, I am always interested in who handles them and how they view it. :D

HarmNone thinks some GMs think and some.....well, do not

Artha
11-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Just hope you get Khaladon or someone cool.

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
I hate WARN! I hate it! :mad:

It has it's place if used properly.

I use Warn Combat to tell the other player that I believe this to be a conflict roleplaying senario and to be on guard. The other player can then adjust his/her roleplay to choose which path they wish. I'm not asking permission when I warn combat.. I am advising them that the roleplay they have chosen will probably wind up with some swords swinging.

I've used it in the past with some success... the other player would either slightly alter their roleplay to become less aggressive and try to talk their way out of the situation.. or further the aggression and prepare themselves for Falgrin's attack.

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Heh. In this case, if you get a GM worth his/her salt, your use of Warn may just be the single thing that saves your bacon! :D

HarmNone would still be chewing out Ristoril

Edaarin
11-01-2003, 10:35 AM
<= has a warn harassment quota that needs to be filled daily.

Tayvin, Tijay, Ardwen, and Rhys will back me up on this.

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Heh. In this case, if you get a GM worth his/her salt, your use of Warn may just be the single thing that saves your bacon! :D

HarmNone would still be chewing out Ristoril

Actually... that may be the one thing that fries my bacon.

The use of WARN COMBAT in my senario is MY interpretation of the way the verb should be used. I am sure that the actual policy is that if the other person declines your warn combat... then you can't attack them.

Restoril did decline my 'invitation' for combat.

Wezas
11-01-2003, 10:59 AM
First I was going to make fun of Park's botch ambush attempt.

Then I was going to make fun of the giant not being able to stand up.

But after not knowing what the hell "admonition" meant, I think I'll spend the next few minutes at dictionary.com

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Like I said, Parkbandit, it depends on whether or not you get a GM who is willing to use his noodle instead of just reading and applying policy without discernment.

Idiot picks fight. Fight is offered. Idiot declines and continues with actions consistent with picking a fight. My question to Idiot might be: "If you did not want to engage in combat, Idiot...why, pray tell, were you pushing the guy's buttons, eh?" Then, I would quietly wait for an answer. :D

HarmNone is not a GM. No surprise there, eh? :lol:

Kurili
11-01-2003, 01:49 PM
HarmNone should be a GM. Gemstone would profit immensely from her wisdom.

Acolyte Kurili

Xcalibur
11-01-2003, 02:49 PM
slurp slurp ( to karili when he saids harmnone would make a good gm, a joke)

symb of sleep, 15 minutes of peace

Annoying guy become really too annoying

Symb of sleep annoying, 15 minutes of peace

leave those evil col, col is bad to reason some people, and you can't fog them out and kill them

CrystalTears
11-01-2003, 02:51 PM
What... are... you... talking... about?! :?:

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
What... are... you... talking... about?! :?:

Hee! Before you ask that question, be sure you really want to know!:lol:

HarmNone fears some kinds of edumakashun

Drew2
11-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I think he meant you should Voln sleep annoying people.

Then again I don't speak weirdo.

Xcalibur
11-01-2003, 04:09 PM
I edited it..

I don't speak weirdo, i "speak" really bad english when i post too quick

I thought Falgrin was a volner though, disapointing...

:lol:

Parkbandit
11-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
I edited it..

Falgrin is not the type of character that would do the bidding of someone like Voln or Lorminstra.

Falgrin gave away his soul years ago... quite willingly in fact. Less to carry around.

CrystalTears
11-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah, okay, that makes more sense. Although your first line seems to be your common theme lately. Bad English or not your assumptions are getting really annoying and not really funny anymore.

Xcalibur
11-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

I edited it..

Falgrin is not the type of character that would do the bidding of someone like Voln or Lorminstra.

Falgrin gave away his soul years ago... quite willingly in fact. Less to carry around.

I was really naive, even at great lordship i took for granted some people were noble and pure. I really thought you were, on teras, the way you acted and such.

Yeah, I know, col isn't evil, just corrupted, bah...

Crystaltears: eh ok, I see no difference, but if some of my comments are becoming dirty these days, i'll keep an eye on them

Col are evil

Voln are good

We all know that:lol:

AkMan
11-01-2003, 04:47 PM
What does col/voln have to do with this? I'm so confused.

Back on topic: Let us know what the hell happens Falgrin.

11-01-2003, 08:04 PM
In my experence I have never used the warn combat verb i refuse to I have yet to be pulled for attacking anyone. And i do it fairly often... and as of late more than often since i had an army brought out to fight me in the crypt. Just dont use it and you wont be put in that situation.

Chadj
11-01-2003, 10:48 PM
I just want to say, im with Parkbandit on this one im afraid... He had the right to do that. Personally, when people role-play, they cant just role-play one part, and not the other... Well, i guess you can, but personally, i hate people who do. He was role-playing that he was planting a tree, but would not role-play a conflict? C'mon. It's people like this that i find really annoy me.. almost as much as people who dont RP at all. I mean, some guy (whom i will let remain nameless), murdered my IG daughter, and when someone bigger came along and told him he was gonna die, he warn-interacted... dumb, whiny, people :)
But thats besides the point. I guess im saying, people who are inable to RP a conflict out, and wont take the consequences, so they go to GM's.. they really should just gtfu :)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-01-2003, 11:13 PM
I'd have silenced, and cursed him!

Weedmage Princess
11-02-2003, 11:50 AM
I agree with the sentiment of "I wouldn't have used the PvP consent thingie." But I totally understand why one might feel it's necessary to, with the pathetic garbage pulled by some people. If the guy was a whiny bitch (which I'm going to guess he probably is) he probably would have whined about Parkbandit killing him and tried to get him in some hot water...which would then leave Parkbandit at the mercy of whatever GM is on duty *shudder*..again, there are some great GMs. But then you have the..uhm..less than...good...GMs..who would have tried to lock Parkbandit out over that...yes..there are GMs that...ridiculous.

It's really hard to say what he should have done in that instance that would have been best for him...since Simu seems so fond of these verbs..maybe they need to get cracking on a new verb for when characters use mechanics to harass you then abuse them further to keep you from doing anything to them. Hey, maybe they can make it so you can't do anything in Gem without typing WARN (whatever) every five minutes..heh.

If they'd just enforce roleplaying more in the games..there'd be little to no need for such verbs to begin with. But..nah, never that.

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

Latrinsorm
11-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Alls I know is, if any Simu employee told me that I had to roleplay (by enforcing role-play) I would terminate my account in a New York minutes. Also, i don't really know what that phrase means. But seriously, it's all well and good to point out how annoying it is for people to MA and script and AFK and all that other nonsense, but to FORCE people to roleplay? Nah. Because that would involve what this or that GM thinks is RP, and we'd be in a bigger mess than the first place. Just my opinion, but I just woke up :)

Kurili
11-02-2003, 02:24 PM
Oh, my! ROLEPLAY in a Roleplaying game? How utterly ludicrous to expect it, Weedie.

::stares::

Acolyte Kurili

11-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Facts

Ristoril was being a pain in the ass for parkbandit

Parkbandit asked him to fight

he says no

Ristoril continue to be a pain by bringing stuff (which is NOT against policy) in the park

Parkbandit challenge him with the right verb

Ristoril says no

parkbandit ask him again and again

Ristoril still says no

parkbandit attacks him

Parkbandit was completely wrong in doing that.

You're wrong. Parkbandit warned him that if he continued his current behavior, there would be combat. Rist ignored it and basically said "I don't have to listen to that dwarf, I can just say I don't consent, and then I'll report if Parkbandit gives me any shit."

You can't just do whatever you want with no repercussions, even if you don't "want" CvC. This is a multi-character game. Just play within the lines of your character, instead of trying to 'roleplay' a bad ass while in reality, all you do is hide behind the letter of the law.

You can't just do whatever you want to whoever you want in Gemstone with no repercussions, some of which will be violent. "All I did was repeatedly insult you, and then you attacked me for no reason! They are just words, that can't be consent!"

You don't have to say "I consent to CvC", because there are times you will have already consented by your actions.