PDA

View Full Version : [1108] Empathy. FTW!!!!

Gan
09-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Had this happen to me tonight while I was helping someone with a bounty task.

You gesture at an Ithzir scout.
CS: +484 - TD: +331 + CvA: +9 + d100: +38 == +200
Warding failed!
In a panic, the Ithzir scout discards her gear to aid her flight!
She tosses an engraved silver strongbox aside!
The Ithzir scout blinks for a moment, then runs off!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I'm so trying this on Tsin and seeing if I can get him to toss out that coin hand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

StrayRogue
09-15-2006, 02:02 AM
You know I've NEVER used that spell ever. I use 1120 all the time though.

Gan
09-15-2006, 02:04 AM
1120 is hillarious to cast in a room full of Ithzir. Himmy talked me into trying 1108.

Its [1108] way cheaper than using bind, and it also prevents your target from vanishing. This is my staple spell when I'm out with others helping them with tasks.

TheEschaton
09-15-2006, 07:49 AM
huh, I never knew they'll toss their boxes.

Do they always give up their boxes? I guess there's no real way to test this, eh?

-TheE-

Gan
09-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Since them running off is only one of two reactions I've seen 1108 elicit, there's no way to test. Because you cant verify that the ones running off might or might not have had a box, since you cant find them to kill them.

Augie
09-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Had this happen to me tonight while I was helping someone with a bounty task.

You gesture at an Ithzir scout.
CS: +484 - TD: +331 + CvA: +9 + d100: +38 == +200
Warding failed!
In a panic, the Ithzir scout discards her gear to aid her flight!
She tosses an engraved silver strongbox aside!
The Ithzir scout blinks for a moment, then runs off!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I'm so trying this on Tsin and seeing if I can get him to toss out that coin hand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's awesome! I never use that with my empath. It definitely makes me want to try now!

Berylla
09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
That's awesome! I never use that with my empath. It definitely makes me want to try now!

I tend not to use this spell as when I'm hunting I never see much use for making the Ithzir run away. There's always that chance that they will "drop everything and run" and it is pretty funny when that happens.

Sadly, it doesn't work when cast on other people. I guess Tsin's coin hand is safe for now!

Gan
09-15-2006, 10:21 AM
The reason why I use it is because 90% of the time, it freezes the target with fear. Which immobilizes them temporarily, so its much cheaper than bind or web.

Having them throw out stuff as they run off was just a funny anecdote.