PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

StrayRogue
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
So I'm a bit minted at the moment and was wondering if an xbox 360 was worth it.

I like the look of Chrome Hounds, Dead Rising, and Saints Row, but a lot of the other games available seem very average and none-groundbreaking.

What are your conclusions on the box?

Wezas
09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
When I saw the commercial for Saints Row it made me very sad I did not have a 360.

My suggestion? Invest the $10 in an X-box mag or check out some of the forums, etc. to see what games are coming out or are already out. And see if they're to your liking.

Personally, X-box only had maybe 4 games I was interested in, and I think 360 will be on par with that. So I'm holding out for PS3.

And playing my PSP in the mean time, pro-duo 4g memory sticks are hella cheap now. And 8gb sticks are out now I believe.

StrayRogue
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
My mate finished Saints Row in a couple of days, which sounds disappointing.

I dunno, getting deeper into the games, nothing catches my eye except maybe Oblivion.

Wezas
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Ouch, yeah that's not good.

I like games like Grand Theft Auto, or Gran Turismo, where it's going to take you a while to finish the game. You play for hours, think you're kicking ass, then look at the stats and it says "7.1% complete".

fallenSaint
09-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Well for starters your not going to get several weeks+ of gameplay out of console games in general, and frankly any game you would get that from a console you can play on the PC. As far as the 360 if you want some classic console fun it’s a good system, need for speed to get the racing fix, Kameo is fun but super short, just beat Enchanted Arms myself for some classic JapaRPG goodness, etc etc. My opinion, buy a 360 get a gamefly account and burn through any game that looks interesting and then send it back for the next one so your not wasting 60 bucks for a few days of joy.

Sean of the Thread
09-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Xbox live is pretty sweet too.

fallenSaint
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh right forgot to bring those points up Live can be nice for when you need something other than AI to berate as you defeat them. And the Arcade is 100% gold if you dig classic Arcade games and puzzle games of the such.

Drew
09-13-2006, 03:28 AM
Oblivion is awesome Stray, really truly awesome. Personally once I got the original xbox I never played my ps2 again except for Gran Turismo. Microsoft games have better GUI's, I much prefer the controller and xbox live is awesome. If you ever tried to play a ps2 game online you know what I'm talking about.

Sean of the Thread
09-13-2006, 09:07 AM
PS pwns for sports titles. I've never been able to get used to madden or such on xbox after playing 3000+ games of it on PS2. :(

DeV
09-13-2006, 09:18 AM
PS pwns as far as the number of game titles available for the system period, but after getting my original Xbox I haven't played PS2 since. I gave it to my brother when he went off to college. He ended up getting an xbox anyway though so... yea.

>> xbox live is awesome <<
Seconded.

Taernath
09-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Oblivion is awesome Stray, really truly awesome. Personally once I got the original xbox I never played my ps2 again except for Gran Turismo. Microsoft games have better GUI's, I much prefer the controller and xbox live is awesome. If you ever tried to play a ps2 game online you know what I'm talking about.

Oblivion is pretty rad. I have the PC version, but I was hooked off the 360 one when I played it briefly. The learning curve was kinda steep for me, even though I played Morrowind on the original Xbox.

Sean of the Thread
09-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Read in the paper SONY is cutting the PS3 price by 20%.

Drew
09-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Read in the paper SONY is cutting the PS3 price by 20%.

In Japan.

Wezas
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure I've already missed the PS3 bus. I didn't pre-order it 6 months ahead of time (like I did with the PS2, Gran Turismo, GTA, etc). And if the shipping numbers I hear are right, they won't have enough to supply for Christmas.

Also heard that European release was pushed from Nov to March.

Ouch, hope that doesn't happen w/ the US.

Drew2
09-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Halo 3.

I'm done.