PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a program

SpunGirl
09-11-2006, 12:06 AM
What's a decent graphic design program that doesn't rape my wallet or suck hardcore? All suggestions welcome.

-K

Berylla
09-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Well, all the decent programs (those that don't suck hardcore, that is) are going to rape your wallet if you buy them brand new. Personally, I use Photoshop but my partner won't use anything but Corel.

Whatever program you decide on, eBay will give you the most bang for your buck.

Bobmuhthol
09-11-2006, 04:00 AM
lol.

No it won't. eBay doesn't give you software for free.

jabberwocky
09-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Heh, not that I advocate continual use, however if you want to check out different programs, you can usually get serials from www.serials.to. Although 99.9999% of people just snag the serial for a product, order a cd off of pricewatch.com or something, I actually am one of the .0001 shmucks who pays for a program that I like. If a trial period isn't long enough for me to learn, and be able to compare programs, that's what I do. Most of the time the trial versions install instructions into your registry that don't get wiped when you uninstall the program to prevent people from uninstalling/reinstalling the software to get around paying for it. Use, compare, then purchase, because 2 weeks wasn't long enough for me to learn to use 3dsmax, i cracked it (and yes actually paid the 2500 or so for the full version and support because it was worth it in the end.) No I'm not responsible if you download and crack a program and don't pay for it ever because you're a lazy beotch(don't give me excuses, I'm a programmer, so it's my livelyhood you're screwing with) but I do advocate the ability to learn a program and determine if you like it or not in comparison to another, and sometimes two weeks just isn't long enough. Heh, and don't go editing your registry if you don't know how.

Stanley Burrell
09-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Is MS-PAINT a viable option?

Skirmisher
09-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Perhaps if you could give some more details as to what you are going to be using it for people might be able to give more precise advice Spun.

Artha
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Graphic design: InDesign CS2
Photo manipulation: Photoshop CS2
Vector Illustration: Illustrator CS2

They're pretty much the best. They're pricey if you don't go to LimeWire, though.

StrayRogue
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
lol.

No it won't. eBay doesn't give you software for free.

Double LoL.

<3 Bob

AnticorRifling
09-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Didn't someone link, not too long ago, a 3d software for free? Not the most current version, and I'm not sure what your plans are for the software, but that might be worth doing a search.

Wezas
09-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, search the forum for Bryce. Not sure if it's what you need, but it's a good prog.

Artha
09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Bryce is not graphic design.

Wezas
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
It's more 3d modeling, but depending on her needs it may be helpful.

My brother used Bryce to make images for my mother's company.