View Full Version : All Hail Evarin, King Among Men

StrayRogue
09-06-2006, 04:26 PM
You hear the faint thoughts of [OOC]-Atreau echo in your mind:
"evarin killed me while i was afk and i got banned for it"

Awesome.

Sean of the Thread
09-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Haha nice. Atreau is truly among my top 3 of people in GS I cannot stand.

HarmNone
09-06-2006, 04:31 PM
You hear the faint thoughts of [OOC]-Atreau echo in your mind:
"evarin killed me while i was afk and i got banned for it"

Awesome.

Too funny! :rofl:

Asha
09-06-2006, 04:35 PM
rofl, how?
Amazing result.

Asha
09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Also.. I love how Philosilan was 'away' too.

HarmNone
09-06-2006, 05:11 PM
rofl, how?
Amazing result.

Gotta wonder if he was AFK scripting for experience when he met his demise ...

Fallen
09-06-2006, 05:16 PM
A conflict that was entirely pointless. Still, I cannot allow others to kill my character without retribution. He was a moron for logging out in the consultation lounge after being flippant with the GM.

Asha
09-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Sure Fallen will tell.
Still on Atreyeu's part it will obviously be fully deserved. Shame Simu doesn't just perma ban anyone who's obviously in the game just to grief.

HarmNone
09-06-2006, 05:25 PM
A conflict that was entirely pointless. Still, I cannot allow others to kill my character without retribution. He was a moron for logging out in the consultation lounge after being flippant with the GM.

Heh. I guess that explains how he got his arse banned, eh? :D

ELO
09-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh, thank Christ.

A conflict that was entirely pointless.

Figured I wasn't the only one to have a pointless conflict with him. He killed me twice because I told him his "your mom" joke was stupid.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Good.

FinisWolf
09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
They do, I know one guy that was banned years and years ago, and sneaks back occasionally, gets to about level 40 to 50, and they finally catch him, and toss him back out on his ear.

Finis

Sure Fallen will tell.
Still on Atreyeu's part it will obviously be fully deserved. Shame Simu doesn't just perma ban anyone who's obviously in the game just to grief.

Merzbow
09-06-2006, 10:12 PM
They do, I know one guy that was banned years and years ago, and sneaks back occasionally, gets to about level 40 to 50, and they finally catch him, and toss him back out on his ear.

Finis

Jeez, talk about a vendetta. How do they know, and if somebody has really reformed and makes it to 50 without causing waves, why not let bygones be bygones? Sometimes Simu takes a while to take action against those who deserve it, but when they (Whatley, whoever) develop a grudge, from some of the stories I've seen on this board they REALLY open up with both guns, and will promise all sorts of shit and go back on their word just to screw with you.

HarmNone
09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, Merzbow, perma-banned means permanently banned. That means you don't come back - EVAR! In order to get perma-banned you had to do something really stupid, or really against the rules, or both. Otherwise, they'd have banned you for a limited period of time; in which case, you'd be back when your ban was over.

I almost wonder if they don't purposefully allow a perma-banned person, who sneaks back into the game thinking he/she is all stealthy, to get to level 40 or 50 before they smack them down just to be perverse. Of course, that's the way my mind works. :whistle:

Artha
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
It's entirely possible these people only get it to 50 without making waves because they can't effectively grief before then.

Stanley Burrell
09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I can't say I didn't see this one coming.

I thought he had cleaned up his act for some reason since the Philosilan & Atreau on Teras days.

That might also be because I hadn't seen the two since he got booted from Teras. Hmmm.

ELO
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I thought he had cleaned up his act for some reason since the Philosilan & Atreau on Teras days.

No.

Mistomeer
09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, Merzbow, perma-banned means permanently banned. That means you don't come back - EVAR!

Actually, per Whatley, they review all bans (all bans are supposedly permanent) every 6 months. If they feel the player is willing to reform, etc. then they are willing to give said player another chance.

HarmNone
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I've heard that, Mistomeer, and I feel confident that if someone really wished to return as a "reformed" player, Simu would take it under consideration depending on what the player did to get bounced in the first place.

Kainen
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I've heard that, Mistomeer, and I feel confident that if someone really wished to return as a "reformed" player, Simu would take it under consideration depending on what the player did to get bounced in the first place.
I don't.. I think that if you screw up enough to be permenantly banned, that's what you should be. What good are the rules if they aren't enforced?

Daniel
09-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Shut the fuck up.

It's a GAME.

People make mistakes. Why the hell should I pay something that I could realisticly have done a DECADE ago?

Fuck. We're more lenient to Drug dealers.

Kainen
09-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Shut the fuck up.

It's a GAME.

People make mistakes. Why the hell should I pay something that I could realisticly have done a DECADE ago?

Fuck. We're more lenient to Drug dealers.

YOU shut the fuck up. I abide by the fucking rules, why should someone who doesn't get the same consideration that I do?? When you sign up for GS you AGREE to the rules, and in exchange you get to play the game. What don't you understand about that? People make mistakes... So the asshole who does enough bullshit to get locked out is "just making mistakes"? Get real. If you break the rules, you should pay the price. What's the point in following them if some guy who breaks them gets the same thing you do? Yeah it IS a game. A game I pay to play. A game I don't feel that assholes who break the rules enough to get permabanned should be allowed to come back to. Maybe if the rules were enforced like they are supposed to be, people that are assholes and break the rules wouldn't be so quick to.

Daniel
09-07-2006, 11:31 PM
So, basicly. You're a dumb bitch.

I sincerely doubt anyone is looking at it like ...holy shit I can implode TSC get banned and maybe 2 YEARS later or so I can come back and do it again!!!

Kainen
09-07-2006, 11:33 PM
So, basicly. You're a dumb bitch.

I sincerely doubt anyone is looking at it like ...holy shit I can implode TSC get banned and maybe 2 YEARS later or so I can come back and do it again!!!

I am a dumb bitch because I expect people to abide by rules THEY agree to? How exactly does THAT work? And if what you say is true thenwhat do you say about people like Seany ect?

Daniel
09-07-2006, 11:37 PM
No, you're a dumb bitch because you believe that by allowing someone recourse to change their behavior someone incites people to break the rules.

I guess you believe that the US legal system should be more Shari'a in nature. I mean, if someone does enough to get stoned..like say stealing a bike...then fuck it. We don't want to encourage bike stealing now do we?

As for your retarded Seany Digital analogy; I'll just point out that you obviously missed the part about *reviewing* whether or not the person should be allowed re-instatement because they are willing to *reform*.

I'll let you do the leg work of figuring out what that means. I'd start with the dictionary and the two emphasised words.

Kainen
09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
No, you're a dumb bitch because you believe that by allowing someone recourse to change their behavior someone incites people to break the rules.

I guess you believe that the US legal system should be more Shari'a in nature. I mean, if someone does enough to get stoned..like say stealing a bike...then fuck it. We don't want to encourage bike stealing now do we?

As for your retarded Seany Digital analogy; I'll just point out that you obviously missed the part about *reviewing* whether or not the person should be allowed re-instatement because they are willing to *reform*.

I'll let you do the leg work of figuring out what that means. I'd start with the dictionary and the two emphasised words.

This is exactly what I figured you would say. No where in there did I say rules should be unreasonable. But people should follow rules they agree to.. thats the bottom line. I mean whats the point if you are allowed to come back? That's like saying "do what you want, but if you promise to be good we'll forgive you and give you another chance to do the same bullshit over again."

Daniel
09-07-2006, 11:44 PM
So, if you're all about the RULES. Why the fuck are you bitching? As the RULES dictate that every six months your case can be reviewed.

What's the problem? Follow the RULES and stop complaining about the RULES. If you don't like them then too bad. They are the RULES and you AGREED to them.

Kainen
09-07-2006, 11:47 PM
You know, how I feel is how I feel. I stated how I feel. All me arguing with you is going to do is annoy me further. So I am done.

Daniel
09-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Haha.

Thanks for playing.

Alfster
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
I am a dumb bitch

Spot fuckin' on

HarmNone
09-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Personally, I believe that since so many players start when they're very young, mistakes CAN be made. Sure, they may be smart-arses, but what kid isn't? They may break the rules and thumb their noses at the GMs. They may end up getting themselves perma-banned. Yet, five years down the road this may be a very different person. They've had some time to learn, and mature. If review by the PTB indicates that the person requesting reinstatement appears to have made a real change in attitude, I think it's reasonable to let them return to the game. There should be a probationary period, I think, during which they are watched very closely. If they don't muck things up, they should be good to go. If they do, they should be out for good - no further reinstatements.

I guess I just think people should be given a chance to reconsider, to grow up, and to change. That's what life's about.

TheEschaton
09-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I thought life was about strippers and booze?

Damn.

-TheE-

Daniel
09-08-2006, 09:14 AM
It's not?

...fuck...

HarmNone
09-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Gee, guys. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to burst your bubbles. :(

Artha
09-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Life ain't nothin but bitches and money.

Anebriated
09-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Its all about the bitches and benjamins.

Asha
09-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Life ain't nothin but bitches and money.
Just what we need, advice from the hood.

Artha
09-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Do I look like a motherfuckin' role model?

Asha
09-08-2006, 09:51 AM
:rofl:

...Great job Evarin (to stay on topic)

Atlanteax
09-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Do I look like a motherfuckin' role model?

I'll have to agree that you don't.

Mistomeer
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Personally, I believe that since so many players start when they're very young, mistakes CAN be made. Sure, they may be smart-arses, but what kid isn't? They may break the rules and thumb their noses at the GMs. They may end up getting themselves perma-banned. Yet, five years down the road this may be a very different person. They've had some time to learn, and mature. If review by the PTB indicates that the person requesting reinstatement appears to have made a real change in attitude, I think it's reasonable to let them return to the game. There should be a probationary period, I think, during which they are watched very closely. If they don't muck things up, they should be good to go. If they do, they should be out for good - no further reinstatements.

I guess I just think people should be given a chance to reconsider, to grow up, and to change. That's what life's about.

I agree. I think part of the problem is that many GM's go from warn to ban in a heartbeat and as anyone who has ever written Feedback about a warning knows it's almost impossible to undo. I once wrote Feedback about a warning I got, and Feedback said the GM made a mistake and still wouldn't remove the warning.

The other part of the problem is that once you start a character any bad behavior follows you forever.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-08-2006, 07:37 PM
LOL. I think you have to try to get a warning myself. Funny how that is.

Soulpieced
09-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Friend of mine was "permabanned" back in 1997. He's written to feedback and other members of Simu for years and still no luck. I believe last time he wrote was a year and a half. I don't understand how these idiots now do much worse than what warranted a permaban, yet they still won't restore his character almost 10 years later.

Mistomeer
09-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Friend of mine was "permabanned" back in 1997. He's written to feedback and other members of Simu for years and still no luck. I believe last time he wrote was a year and a half. I don't understand how these idiots now do much worse than what warranted a permaban, yet they still won't restore his character almost 10 years later.

I've found that if you write Whatley directly things work out much better. Feedback is worthless.

Artha
09-09-2006, 12:30 AM
I'll have to agree that you don't.
I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin'. Yo, what the fuck are they yellin'?

Merzbow
09-10-2006, 10:56 PM

What did he do? (If you can tell?)

Gan
09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
... he did it like this. he did it like that. he did it with a whiffle ball bat. soooo...

Sorry, had a beastie boy moment.

ELO
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
The Sherrif's after him from what he did to his daughter.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-11-2006, 11:11 AM
LOL. I think you have to try to get a warning myself. Funny how that is.

I know. Everyone has made "mistakes" that could warrant a warning or even a ban, but because generally a mistake is made because you did something unintentionally or because you didn't know the rules, the GMs are pretty lenient.

StrayRogue
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately for Atreau, he doesn't make "mistakes", he was just born a dickhead.

ElanthianSiren
09-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Artha's post making me laugh in the middle of calc ftw.

Anyhow, the problem with the "These are the rules you agree to!!!11one" stance is that the SIMU system isn't set up like a US court of laws. For instance, I had an issue with my account once where they said I broke into another account and "stole" items. Obviously I didn't, but they wouldn't give me any details on anything, and I spent about 2 weeks arguing with what little information I could piece together from the initial log with Daecir (where I was banned).

2 month ban = 2 weeks with review. They have been known (by me) to be dead wrong on occasion, so I'm more than happy with a review system in place. This is especially true as (on an undisputed ban) you basically have to admit that you did something/are repentent. In my case, I wasn't admitting jack shit that I didn't do. It's the principle, damnit.

-M

Asha
09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't be able to ever give them any of my cash again should that happen to me.

ElanthianSiren
09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I chose to terminate my consumption of pay events, which was quite high prior to this incident and tended to include several accounts.

In the end, they made the right choice by not enforcing the ban, or I definitely would have had larger qualms.

-M

Artha
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin'. Yo, what the fuck are they yellin'?
For anyone wondering, "Gangsta! Gangsta!" that's what they're yelling.

It's not about a salary, it's all about reality.