PDA

View Full Version : Ebon's Gate 2003

Back
10-31-2003, 09:33 AM
Anyone know of any links yet?

Ansherak
10-31-2003, 10:51 AM
This appears to be up to date, not entirely sure.

http://www.dubbleyew.com/ebonsgate/

Ansherak

Kail
11-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Anyone have an item list yet?

StrayRogue
11-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Opinion so far....Dissappointment. Better step up soon and some nice items put on the racks.

theotherjohn
11-01-2003, 01:26 PM
http://home.kc.rr.com/gemstone/Ebon%27s_Gate_2003.html

Back
11-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Thanks for those links.

Was wondering what everyone thought so far?

Ritualistic Renfinements is the coolest shop so far.

Scott
11-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Probably the worst event I've ever been too. I really hope the GS4 portion has something worth while, although I belive it's only going to be shops and stuff. Biggest waste of money since I went to the theaters to see "The Hulk."

Back
11-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Pick'N'Puke is pretty hilarious.

Got me a jug of Doc Bynder's boomjuice!

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Backlash]

HarmNone
11-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Damn! I was really hoping this years Ebon would be outstanding. It must be terrible to have paid for this event, been told after the fact that you are about to be double-billed, have GSIV (with all its accompanying changes) hovering around the bend, and then have Ebon fall on its face. ::sighs::

I really, really hope things pick up for you guys. I am bleeding for you about now. :(

Glad you were able to find something you liked, though, Backlash. :)

HarmNone is let down right along with you

Back
11-01-2003, 07:51 PM
You can tell which GMs actually put effort into their shops and which didn't. Were you still playing, Harmnone, you would have loved Ritualistic Refinements. Two manniquines each, one male, one female, decked out as worshippers of all the dark Arkati including enchanted clothing armor and weapons.

Some shops are very weak with very little to offer. Like I'm going to buy anything thats orange and black striped?

There are hidden treasures. The lists I've seen on the links that have been posted are nowhere near complete. You have to know where to look.

Here is a hint also. The more expensive an item, the more likely it will be awesome. Certainly there are exceptions but it usually holds true.

Half my enjoyment is seeing the work of the Staff.

theotherjohn
11-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
You can tell which GMs actually put effort into their shops and which didn't.

Some shops are very weak with very little to offer. .

Perhaps the GMs spent most of their effort making items that will be part of the GS4 Ebon gate period.

Back
11-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Nice rape and paste of my post. You have talent to shine light on the negative.

I suspect its just a matter of who makes the effort and who dosen't. Who has talent, and who doesn't.

Still, if it -is- due to making items for GSIV, its still a bonus for those of us who still play and who paid for Ebon's.

theotherjohn
11-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Nice rape and paste of my post. You have talent to shine light on the negative.

If you look back at your post, you will see I cut and pasted all except what you directy to Harmnone and your common sense tip of spend more get more.

Latrinsorm
11-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
If you look back at your post, you will see I cut and pasted all except what you directy to Harmnone and your common sense tip of spend more get more.

Except the treasure part. Which is positive. Which probably caused that shining negative remark. I know that spend more thing works at Tykel's too. What's more expensive than steel? Alexandrite! :D

Miss Jade
11-01-2003, 09:12 PM
aaaah what am i missing? is there anything going on at EG after 12:00 e?
________
Toyota starlet (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Starlet)

Adhara
11-01-2003, 09:19 PM
You know I was sooooo looking forward to getting my censer done. It was the one item I wanted altered at this festival. Had I had only that I would have said it was worth it for me.

I am very disappointed that being Liabo aligned has prevented me from getting this item. Even Kyalia who does almost anything said she couldn't work on my censer so my only hope was Verrath.

I think such drastic merchant restrictions (only certain races, professions or deities allowed) should be listed on the website with the list of merchants. I probably wouldn't have bought a ticket if it wasn't for the censer alterer.

Caiylania
11-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Ok, well I'm having fun! For me its the rides games and new stuff.

My friends and I rped it up and we are having a great time. Its what you make of it I guess. This is my first festival so that probably helps.

Got an alter done too, the alterer closed the room after awhile and stopped using her spinner. She agreed to alter for EVERYONE as long as it was ready to go. She did like 20 alters (this is just after I showed up, apparently she had been using the spinner alll night before that) in half an hour.

So its been good to me. :) I hope everyone else starts having more fun.

Miss Jade
11-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Caiylania anything going on around 1200-1230 est i had a great time till i had to go to work. is there a bonfire or something??
look me up if your on i'm lost in the circle of souls i think.
________
Honda cn250 specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CN250)

Back
11-01-2003, 11:43 PM
What do ya know. I actually got a fricking altered instrument. How about that?

<--- If this loser can get an alter at Ebon's Gate, I dare say anyone can.

Latrinsorm
11-01-2003, 11:49 PM
<--- If this loser can get an alter at Ebon's Gate, I dare say anyone can.

....that pays out $30.

But congratulations! :) Does it look cool? Or, if you didn't want it that way, whichever way you wanted it? Hope it stayed in tune! (Honestly, I hate it when my instruments go out of tune just because I happened to paint them a different color... and cut off pieces of them ;))

Back
11-01-2003, 11:56 PM
...that pays out $30.

Chump change.

But seriously... despite the naysayers, its been worth it over all. BTW, I only go standard.

ClawofAndelas
11-02-2003, 04:27 AM
I found this item to be a little odd...

'an asp-coiled damascus steel dagger'

I'm wondering if Damascus is somewhere near the Elven Nations or perhaps it might be south of Rivers Rest?

It bothers me when they do things like this.

/rant

~The Claw

Vesi
11-02-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by ClawofAndelas
I found this item to be a little odd...

'an asp-coiled damascus steel dagger'

I'm wondering if Damascus is somewhere near the Elven Nations or perhaps it might be south of Rivers Rest?

It bothers me when they do things like this.

/rant

~The Claw

damascus steel

n : a hard resilient steel often decorated and used for sword blades [syn: Damascus steel, Damask steel]

ClawofAndelas
11-02-2003, 04:56 AM
It's named for Damascus, Spain. That is where the process originated.

~The Claw

Vesi
11-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by ClawofAndelas
It's named for Damascus, Spain. That is where the process originated.

~The Claw

Actually, it is Syria. I was just showing you that the damascas steel can stand alone in the dictionary. No biggie.

Vesi

HarmNone
11-02-2003, 05:13 AM
Oh, good! I am glad to hear that some people are enjoying the festival. It is impossible to please everybody, but with all that is going on right now I was really hoping that this would be the bit of light that people need to see right now. Sounds like that is the case for some. :D

HarmNone is glad for those of you who are having fun

Back
11-02-2003, 06:17 AM
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mammoth tusk longsword in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that this longsword does extra damage when it strikes.

Ho ha!

Caiylania
11-02-2003, 06:23 AM
My only complaint is that my hours are so different that I'm often there alone. I go in at say 8am my time... everyone else is still sound asleep at 2am!

HarmNone
11-02-2003, 06:26 AM
Damn those time zones and date lines anyway! Do not enlarge the internet! Shrink the bloody planet! :lol:

Glad you are having fun, Caiylania. I wish there could be more people around for you, though. :(

HarmNone on times zones and fun

Gan
11-02-2003, 09:49 AM
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mammoth tusk longsword in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that this longsword does extra damage when it strikes.

Ho ha!

what enchant was that longsword? I passed by em but didnt pull one out cause mammoth tusks are a kind of odd blades...

Gan
11-02-2003, 09:51 AM
[Critter Catapults, Roltons]
A small stone dome covers this area, with a large opening directly in front of an enormous catapult. A large button and a rope hang on the wall next to a large blue poster. A rotting cage in the corner holds underfed roltons.
Obvious paths: east, west
>push but
You reach out and press the button.

An enormous ogre lumbers into the room, opens up the cage and grabs a rolton by the throat. He slowly binds the limbs of the rolton together with some frayed rope, and places the creature into the bucket of the catapult.
>pull rope
You pull the rope attached to the catapult!
The rolton soars through the air and heads straight for the rock wall! The rolton bounces off the wall, clips the pole and hits the target directly in the center! Amazing shot!

whoo hooo!
bullseye!
:lol:

Back
11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ganalon

Ho ha!

what enchant was that longsword? I passed by em but didnt pull one out cause mammoth tusks are a kind of odd blades...

+20 65/160 weighs 5

Sweets
11-02-2003, 12:25 PM
I didn't have as much fun this Ebon Gate, but man did I shop. I also got my first alters. Got my sword fixed up with an ice flare and a dress all purdied up.

Did I mention I spent all my silver?

I am still trying to figure out my crystal ring and that darn choker that won't come off.:D

Okay, so I did have a bit of fun.

Halfsilver
11-02-2003, 12:29 PM
tap rub turn it...or something to that effect.

be glad they aren't selling the ones from last year that choked you to death before coming unlatched.

ElvenRangeress
11-02-2003, 12:30 PM
i believe its tap, prod, poke

Halfsilver
11-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Anyone know what the stuff in the ranger only shop does?

the spikes and wedges and knives?

Ilvane
11-02-2003, 01:00 PM
I'm a little pissed off..(pardon my language)

I just checked my account with my bank and was charged four times for Ebon's gate.

It's not worth 31.50 nevermind 126!!! They are so hearing from me if I bounce a check.:flamed:

I've already written to billing, grrr..how freaking annoying!

-A

HarmNone
11-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Gah! Ilvane, that is awful! Simu really owes you one for that screw-up! Let us know what kind of response you get. :mad:

HarmNone feels for Ilvane's poor credit card

HarmNone
11-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Out of curiosity, what was their roleplay gig this year? They usually have some kind of quest, or special NPCs going on during Ebon Gate. Did they have such a thing this year, and was it well done?

HarmNone is living vicariously :D

Adhara
11-02-2003, 02:29 PM
If there was, it must have been subtle or only involved a select few. I have not heard of such a thing HarmNone.

Hips
11-02-2003, 02:36 PM
They still have the NPC ghosts wandering around... I've seen a few of them, though not recently.

Ilvane
11-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Actually, the storylines were quite widespread the last three years I went..and they were very accessible to everyone and not limited to a select few.

I haven't seen any this year, though..I might just be missing them.

-A

Artha
11-02-2003, 04:43 PM
People whining about lack of new shops, recycled items:

You can probably take that as a sign that alot of the effort is going into EG II.

Trinitis
11-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Well, Mazelina and myself ran into a ghost who was looking for Horse supplies for her master. We ran around with her for a while, trying to find them but came up with no luck.

Afterwords, We atempted to find out of she relized she was dead..which she did not. We spent a while trying to break it too her without hurting her feelings too much..and well, when it was all said and done, she left us thinking Mazelina and I where dead.. :D

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
11-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Anyone who got a scripted hat from Sukara the other night, I am willing to pay big coin for it.

Miss X
11-02-2003, 07:05 PM
In case you havnt worked it out yet, the combination for the chokers etc that wont come off is prod, tap, poke.
Vx

Caiylania
11-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
tap rub turn it...or something to that effect.

be glad they aren't selling the ones from last year that choked you to death before coming unlatched.

actually, Harliegha died from one of em the other day, so maybe some are worse than others?

was in three alter lines today, 0 alters. Fun fun. No ones fault, they just come on when its like 1 am my time and by time they really get started I can't keep my eyes open. But I got one the other day so I'm happy.

The maze was great, won an ebon laced pack with a great show. Hooah!

edited to clarify and clarifier.

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by Caiylania]

Back
11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Which would you choose?

A clothing, container, jewelry or leather armor...

Description alteration?
Lightening?
Or deepening?

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by Backlash]

Pallon
11-02-2003, 11:37 PM
After sitting in Palles' wagon tonight, I must admit that some players are much lazier typists than I originally thought.

This made my night:

Fushugro whispers, "good you make me a razer sharp blood stained
Ancient Mithglin executioners axe like a blessable edged wepaon?"

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by Pallon]

Back
11-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Crap, someone made a great quote once about how GemStone cranks out idiots. Unfortunately I can't find it at this hour after so many Guinni and a couple of Cabo Wabo's.

AnticorRifling
11-03-2003, 07:41 AM
Is Ebon Gate over?

Sweets
11-03-2003, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the help on the choker.

Oh yeah, I did get a choker that strangles you. I thought it was hilarious. I know just the person I will "gift" it to.

*insert evil laugh*

Caiylania
11-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Which would you choose?

A clothing, container, jewelry or leather armor...

Description alteration?
Lightening?
Or deepening?

I ended up getting one more, so now I have two alters from EG. But if I got another choice? Probably would alter my shirt. Its a white linen shirt. Just want to change it to a comfortable natural linen shirt with a laced up collar.

So simple its boring, but I am trying to make Caiy's outfit look more comfortable than showy.

Edited to add: EG is still open as far as I know. I just left an hour ago and its 1am my time. Merchants were all over, too.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Caiylania]

CrystalTears
11-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Did they have the Tunnel of Terror this year?

Halfsilver
11-03-2003, 07:29 PM
yep yep.

THat's the first ride we go on every year.

Too much fun. It's really gross, too, but fun.

-grays/d

CrystalTears
11-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Damn. That's one of the main reasons I would have gone and didn't see it on the site as one of the rides.

Although I'm nostalgic and wouldn't have been able to go on it alone anyways since my rogue is no longer married and he was the only one she would ride it with. <sniffs> I'm such a putz.

AnticorRifling
11-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Who has a good link that has a list of items on shelves?

A few of you kindly offered to run and snag an item or three for me so I need to put together a list so I can allow them to help me out :cool:

Back
11-04-2003, 04:16 PM
http://home.kc.rr.com/gemstone/Ebon%27s_Gate_2003.html

Ilvane
11-04-2003, 04:47 PM
ok, I'm getting angry..

I got an e-mail back about my billing issue, and was told they only charged me once..meanwhile, my bank account is 16 dollars negative, and I've been charged a fee for it.

I'd like to see how that happens. According to my bank it's 4 charges of 31.50 from Simutronics..so what else would that be??? And then to say that I didn't get charged for it that many times..why would I make that up?? :flamed:

I asked them to research it again.

-A

Edited to add:

Billing researched it and told me to contact my bank, that they only charged me once..grr. I'm kind of just upset, moreso that my account is in the negative and I need to pay my cable bill.

I know it's not Beth's fault, and she is great and all that..but yeeeesh!

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Ilvane]

HarmNone
11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Eeew. You are caught between a rock and a hard place. It is going to be difficult to get the guilty party to admit they made an error.

I think I might ask to talk to the bank president and ask him/her how such a thing could happen. Explain to him that Simu says they only billed once, so the bank must have made the error. I would also insist on getting the overdraft charge removed, and I would not leave his/her office until my questions had been answered and the charge had been reversed.

HarmNone would be mad too

*edited to add a missing word*

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by HarmNone]

Scott
11-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Get a copy of your billing statement and mail/fax it to simutronics.

EmpressBtch
11-04-2003, 09:00 PM
To those of you who sat waiting for work, I thank you for not whining. For those of you from the simu-boards that are going to post a whine....I got this made especially by Spondie. Yeah I'm still recovering from the shopfest and irritable.

Big strawberry frosting letters scribbled across the cookie read, "NO WHINING." Below the lettering, there is the image of a dead body, depicted rather artistically in licorice, cinnamon, and vanilla.

Back
11-04-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by EmpressBtch
To those of you who sat waiting for work, I thank you for not whining. For those of you from the simu-boards that are going to post a whine....I got this made especially by Spondie. Yeah I'm still recovering from the shopfest and irritable.

Big strawberry frosting letters scribbled across the cookie read, "NO WHINING." Below the lettering, there is the image of a dead body, depicted rather artistically in licorice, cinnamon, and vanilla.

Is that so you can say to a whiner, "Aww, here, have a cookie." then <show whiner my cookie>?

Genius!

Askip
11-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Dispute the charges, there is a formal process for it at the bank and they must initiate it if you request the research.

Latrinsorm
11-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
ok, I'm getting angry..

You know what they say: "There really is good and bad, and you have to roll with it. You have to enjoy the good times, be happy and grateful. And when things turn sour, you can be uncontrollably angry and violent. That's life."