PDA

View Full Version : NFL - end of preseason picks

Anebriated
09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Alright, seasons gonna get under way soon, what are your predictions?

As far as the NFC goes, Id say the Panthers or any of the teams out of the NFC East(Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins) have the best shot. Cardinals have the talent this year, if they can get their act together they could be a playoff team as well.

AFC... Not too sure about, Bengals looked very strong at the end of last year and should do well this year. Steelers need to stay healthy but I doubt theyll make a strong run this year, maybe early rounds of playoffs. Dolphins and Broncos also have made some good off-season transactions and looked good in preseason, either could be a contender.

Stunseed
09-04-2006, 10:23 PM
AFC East - Dolphins
AFC South - Jags
AFC North - Bengals
AFC West - Broncos

Wildcards - Colts, Chiefs/Pats

NFC North - Chicago
NFC East - Dallas
NFC South - Carolina
NFC West - Seattle

Wildcards - Arizona, NY Giants

Anebriated
09-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I would pretty much agree with all of your picks(except the pats as a wildcard team) but I cant choose a NFC east team. Gonna be the strongest division in the NFL this year imo.

Pats have lost too much talent lately and are too injury prone. I doubt theyll see the playoffs.

Stunseed
09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I suppose you can give some folks fleeting hope the Steelers make it back.

Anebriated
09-04-2006, 10:50 PM
The AFC North should be a decent division this year, but I would expect to see the raiders or ravens in the wildcard spot before the pats. I dont think the steelers will have a much better fate than the pats.

Zult
09-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I keep waiting for the Pats to finally stumble out of the AFC East throne, but the rest of their division has been crap for so long... I'm hoping Miami can kick them out this year.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Eagles stomp the hell out of the rest of the NFC East, but it will be a tough division this year.

AFC East: Miami (wishful thinking)
AFC North: Cincinnati (if Palmer's knee holds up)
AFC South: Indianapolis (barring a divine act.. or the emergence of a contender in the division.. Jacksonville had a soft schedule last year)
AFC West: Denver (KC's defense still concerns me, Rivers is untested, and Oakland.. haha)

Wildcards: KC, Pittsburgh

NFC East: Giants (It hurt me to say that, but they have the most well rounded team, if Barber stays fresh and Manning avoids another letdown like last year)
NFC North: Chicago (only because I have to pick one and they're the only team in the division with a defense)
NFC South: Carolina (Best team in a mediocre division)
NFC West: Arizona (HAH! Seattle is going to struggle this year.. I just have that feeling. It might be wishful thinking, but I had to take one chance.)

Wildcards: Philadelphia, Seattle

I love making these preseason predictions.. then at the end of the year you look back and wonder what the hell you were thinking.. but right now, it all makes sense... almost.

-Zult

Wezas
09-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Redskins.

It seems whenever we do well in the preseason we suck in regular season. And the opposite.

Last time the Redskins or Ravens went winless in the preseason, both went to the superbowl (not the same year, of course).

But that's just wishful thinking.

As for other teams, as long as Dallas sucks I don't really care.

cakewitharse
09-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm taking the Giants for the division, conference, and championship. If they disappoint me...

as long as Dallas sucks I don't really care.

Alfster
09-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm picking the Packers to win a total of 2 games this season

Daniel
09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Bears.

All the way.

Alfster
09-05-2006, 11:01 AM
one of the games the packers will win is against the bears

Kefka
09-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Giants this year. Last time they won all 4 preseason games was 1990. They won it all that year. May lightning strike twice!

TheEschaton
09-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Here's my prediction: The Bills go 16-0, and beat the hated Cowboys, who beat us in 2 Super Bowls, head by Bill Parcells, architect of a different Super Bowl defeat, by a score of at least 60-0. The 06-07 Bills go down as the best team in history, and I die of a sudden heart attack from the overwhelming joy and go straight thru the Pearly Gates for having faith until the end in the Bills.

-TheE-

Daniel
09-05-2006, 01:04 PM
one of the games the packers will win is against the bears

So basicly, what you're saying is that you want to be stabbed?

Alfster
09-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Nah, I just like to think the packers will win the game i'm going to this year

zawicki
09-05-2006, 01:27 PM
AFC East - Dolphins
AFC South - Colts
AFC North - Bengals
AFC West - Chiefs

Wildcards - Broncos, Pats

NFC North - Chicago
NFC East - NY Giants
NFC South - Carolina
NFC West - Seattle

Wildcards - Arizona, Dallas/Washington

Kefka
09-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Greatest grab of the year will be Parcells to TO's neck. You heard it here first.