PDA

View Full Version : E-mail providers

Janarth
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay...for most of my e-mail career, I've had an "institutional e-mail address". In high school, we had all had our own e-mail, same with college (as did most everyone). I've also had an AOL addy for a looong time, but its really starting to annoy me how much crap I get. I'm also trying to move away from using my work e-mail (my last "institutional" e-mail) because others - though not me thankfully - are taking some flask from using it.

SO...whats the best free email provider in terms of no spam. I don't mind looking at adds at the top/sidebar of the page, I don't mind my mailboxes limited to a reasonable size (I'm not getting HUGE e-mail attachments and storing them) I just hate taking out the crap. I heard yahoo or gmail?

CrystalTears
08-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Gmail is awesome. Give me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Hulkein
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Gmail is the best.

Skirmisher
08-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Gmail is really nice.

With AOL becoming free now though you may want to keep it anyway. I find i get very little spam on mine now that I have been using the anti spam functions for a while and it seems to catch most junk.

Artha
08-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Gmail's the way to go. Even aol being free is no excuse for an @aol.com to follow your username.

Anebriated
08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Gmail's the way to go. Even aol being free is no excuse for an @aol.com to follow your username.

qft

Drew
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Gmail ftw.

AOL email address screams "noob".