PDA

View Full Version : Regarding my resignation.

Ilvane
08-28-2006, 09:14 AM
It's with my great sadness that I am letting everyone know that I have resigned as the Executive officer of ALAE and from ALAE as a whole.

There are many reasons for this, and I won't get into great detail here, because I want to remain professional about the whole thing, but it wasn't an easy decision for me to make.

I have put my heart and soul into the society from it's inception, and have always wanted it to succeed. From a series of issues with communication to a lack of viable projects, to great GM's with just too much work to do to concentrate on us.. it has been frustrating to me that things did not move forward easier, faster, and with more and more work.

I always have cared a great deal about the projects we put out, and was always very caring with the new trainees, that they learn well, and also that they have opportunity to grow if they were enthusiastic. Having it brought to my attention that my wanting some to enjoy the training period and take time was something that would stifle enthusiasm made my decision much easier. I am not ever one to stifle creativity, when really it was the opposite. I am the kind of person who would actually want to see a fantastic training area for someone that they could show off and tell people about to get more people interested in ALAE..but some misunderstood my want for them to succeed as wanting to hold them back.

With so many communication problems, I felt it was the only decision I could make. When something stupid like a roleplaying game makes you cry, it's time to sit back and take a break. So I will.

Sincerely,

Angela/Ilvane

Fallen
08-28-2006, 09:18 AM
ALAE is a great concept, but I just dont think the GMs allow it the attention it deserves. I can imagine the frustration the organization spawns.

Ilvane
08-28-2006, 09:43 AM
It wasn't the only reason, but it certainly added to it. The communication is really the biggest problem I had. Claw was great, but he was extraordinarily busy with all kinds of things, and it wasn't his fault.

I had a lot a hope when Sirina took over.

Angela

Celexei
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
In whatever you do in the future, may you find happiness and a completeness of the self. I have much respect for you and all that you've done, and hope that this bump in the road doesn't veer you off of any path that you may have chosen in your IG life or in RL.

CrystalTears
08-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Good for you. When it's more work than anything and you stop having fun, it's not a game anymore. Do what makes you happy.

HarmNone
08-28-2006, 09:53 AM
If it's not fun anymore, don't do it. GS is just a game, and it should be enjoyable.

Lucas
08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
I know some GMs try. But some GMs don't give enough for something as awesome as ALAE... sorry to see you go.

AnticorRifling
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Two words:

Dunemaul ~ Horde

Some Rogue
08-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Two more words:

Gank Noobs.

AnticorRifling
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Replace noobs with Stabbed as they are the same thing.

CrystalTears
08-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Okay guys, let's not hijack Ilvane's thread with WoW talk. Stick to the topic please, thanks.

Anebriated
08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Theyll realize they screwed up eventually ilvane, you were great for that organization.

Aaysia
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
That sucks Ilvane. ALAE lost out big time with you gone I bet.

Numbers
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Damn, that's a shame. It was always clear that you were trying hard, and I wish that somebody had told me to take more time on my training area back when I was doing it. I don't recall who my trainer was, I don't think they're in ALAE anymore, but I ended up making some quick and dirty area just so I could learn the tools and what not, and I'm not necessarily proud of that area. I've always wished that I could go back and redo it.

I really don't think the GM's are aware of the potential ALAE has. I'm not sure if the GM's are ever planning on expanding the game area with new cities, but I believe that ALAE could easily create those new areas. They could probably even create the rest of the Elven Nations faster than a few GM's could.

HarmNone
08-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I think the GMs are probably well aware of the potential for ALAE. I think it's just that they don't have the time, nor the guidance, to work with those involved in ALAE to make it a viable, productive organization. I imagine, if you asked any one of the GMs if they'd like to see ALAE do more designing of new areas that GM would agree that it would be a great way to take some of the load off him/her. At least, that's what it would seem like to me.

If the areas could be designed by ALAE, they'd need only QC, which would save a lot of time and work. That's usually a pretty good incentive. Personally, I think the problem is a lack of leadership. :shrug:

Stanley Burrell
08-28-2006, 12:45 PM
GM's with just too much work to do to concentrate on us

Yes. Very yes.

You guys have done some really fantastic work. And I don't think anyone would ever question your creativity :)

If you, of all people, feel that it's time to move on, then it's definitely time to move on.

Ilvane
08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the nice words, everyone.

I'd go into greater detail, but like I said before, I really want to remain nice, and professional. I don't want anyone saying I'm anything but.:)

I really do wish them well.

Angela

Caels
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
The world is ending...

Or well... ended a few months ago. Ilvane, you were on ALAE for years, even tried to help push me through the door when my applications went unanswered for 8 months at a time.

I'm certain your loss is a devastating blow to the ALAE team.

Jadah_Desiderio
02-10-2007, 04:09 PM
What is ALAE?

Jolena
02-10-2007, 04:25 PM
ALAE information can be found here - http://www.dm.net/~aldamus/ALAE/default.htm