PDA

View Full Version : Rechargable Gem Quality

Askip
08-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Can a gem of any quality be a rechargable? For example with 1004 I get...

<< You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a medium white pearl.
As the gem resonates in response to your voice, you sense that it cannot be purified any further. >>

This merely tells me it's pure, so it's Loresong time...

<< As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the white pearl in your hand, and you learn something about it...

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 1,800 silvers, and is of poor quality. >>

Does the poor quality indicate I should stop at this point, or could it still turn out to be a pulser?

:D

Kierke
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
For myself, I usually proceed based on estimated cost, instead of quality, with ~2000 as my bottom-line. A gem could be poor quality and still above the ~2000 silver threshhold.

For friends and clients, however, I double-sing to all purified gems.

M.

Amaron
08-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I was taught that quality does not matter in a rechargable gem..

In a plain pure gem yes. I sell them in my shop and never sell anything bellow 4k and above average quality.

Amber
08-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Cheap gems can be rechargeable too, so I'd advise you to sing to the second verse. For example,

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the star sapphire in your hand, and you learn something about it...

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 1,500 silvers, and is of fair quality.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the star sapphire in your hand, and you learn something about it...

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the sapphire is as a gem of some kind. As you sing, the sapphire seems to resonate with your voice, and you feel it trying to draw power from you. It pulses strongly with the rhythm of your words.

TheEschaton
08-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Errr, if I can't purify it, I skip straight to the second verse. WTF is the point of seeing the worth? You really gonna keep track of it somehow? "Oh, the third star sapphire in the black sack is only worth 1500, so it might not make a good nexus gem"

-TheE-

Amber
08-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Well, yeah, actually. If they've orbed, but aren't worth much and aren't rechargeable, why bother keeping them? When I sing, the cheaper orbs go in one container to be sold to the pawnshop and the more valuable ones are keepers. Course I guess there's no such thing as a valuable star sapphire, though, so maybe you've a point on that and cheaper gems in general.

Danical
08-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Orbs of 3001+ go in a specific sack to be used as chrism gems for fallen friends.

Askip
08-30-2006, 10:29 AM
<< I skip straight to the second verse >>

Makes sense, thank you and all.

:D