PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Era.Try this game. Similiar to GSIII but free

Valgaav
08-07-2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.dragonsera.com/dragonsera/index.html

It's almost a clone of the older version of Gemstone. Seems to me this game came from the same idea of Gemstone. Spells are similiar, Classes are similiar. It might've been an old player's attempt to make a GS clone and then modded it to their preference. Lots of RP but compare to GSIV it's primitive. Reminds me of the old telnet Mud days. Still evolving up to version 2 now. comes with own frontend. Even though it's not perfect it is Free. Character names need to be approved before playing takes from instant if a GM is on to half a day average.
PBase is a bit low maybe 50 players max hopefully more will come with this post.

Sietzer
08-18-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm gonna try it, but it seems just to start, you have to wait awhile to even get your name approved. Thats really the only bad thing so far.

Khariz
08-18-2006, 11:01 PM
when i downloaded the FE for this game it fucked up stormfront for me. Typing commands like INFO and EXP would crash SF.

When I uninstalled the shit, SF was back to working fine.

Dunno what that was all about

StrayRogue
08-19-2006, 02:48 AM
Yes, looks like it was made by someone with a crush on GS.

Celephais
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
.. it has it's own FE, clones GS (so targets GS players) and messes with SF? You better be wearing a rubber if you get anywhere near that FE.

Stanley Burrell
08-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Somebody is hacking stored passwords with that add-on.

Khariz
08-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Changed all passwords in case thats the case.