PDA

View Full Version : Gem Singing

AestheticDeath
07-31-2006, 11:23 PM
sing opal
You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a white opal.
As you focus your voice on the white opal, you hear it crack loudly and strain under the force of the song.
When the song ends, you notice the white opal sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>prep 1004
You begin your musical chant for Purification Song...
Your spellsong is ready.
>sing opal
You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a white opal.
As you focus your voice on the white opal, you notice that the resonance of your voice is severely affecting the crystalline structure of the gem.
When the song ends, you notice the white opal sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.

OK is this where its about to fragment and blow up in my hand? Or is this where it is just starting to improve? I can't see getting the first message, and then not having it break on the second try. Also, did it go down in value? crackin I mean... c'mon

Bobmuhthol
07-31-2006, 11:25 PM
It's possible to not break the gem after the cracking and straining, but I'd advise stopping at that message.

And no, it didn't lose value. The When the song ends, you notice the white opal sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections. message indicates a successful attempt at purifying.

AestheticDeath
07-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Also, is this where I should be stopping?

>You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a star sapphire.
As you focus your voice on the star sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem improves somewhat.
When the song ends, you notice the star sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.

Roundtime changed to 3 seconds.
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the violet sapphire in your hand, and you learn something about it...

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 1,300 silvers, and is of good quality.

>prpe 1004
Please rephrase that command.
>prep 1004
You begin your musical chant for Purification Song...
Your spellsong is ready.
>sing my sapp
You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a violet sapphire.
Your focused voice causes the violet sapphire to shatter into thousands of fragments!
... 35 points of damage!
Massive blow to your right hand crushing it to pulp!
You are stunned for 4 rounds!

If it says good, does that mean I shouldnt try? Or was this a fluke accident, or based on my low lvl and skills etc.

Lvl 11, 11 bard songs, and 7 inf bonus

Bobmuhthol
07-31-2006, 11:38 PM
You're level 11. Don't purify. It blew up only because you're such a low level. You should be able to bring a gem up a lot in terms of quality. They shatter more frequently when they're already of a high quality and are much easier to purify at poor quality.

Meges
07-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Also, is this where I should be stopping?

>You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a star sapphire.
As you focus your voice on the star sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem improves somewhat.
When the song ends, you notice the star sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.

Highlight the word "somewhat." When you see it, stop purifying. That's the indication that after that, you're basically saying screw it, let's be greedy. You'll notice that after that point, the gem will strain, crack etc.

Meges

AestheticDeath
08-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah I highlighted improves somewhat earlier, as I thought that was a stoppin point, but i was under the impression goin beyond was like 90-100% failure rate. Is it that bad?

Dwarven Empath
08-01-2006, 06:09 AM
As you focus your voice on the white opal, the gem hums in response to the resonance of your voice, appearing smoother and more pure in color.

I highlited the string - appearing smoother and more pure in color

That's when I know I'm done.

Bobmuhthol
08-01-2006, 06:16 AM
You're missing out on value. Improves somewhat is higher up, cracking is highest.

Actually, I guess severely affecting is, but you should definitely stop before you get that.

TheEschaton
08-01-2006, 08:19 AM
I stop at "improves somewhat" myself, though I guess I'm old enough by now to go cracking or something.

-TheE-

AestheticDeath
08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Right so theres alot of messages. Is there a list of all of them in order? And what level should I begin to try and purify gems?

TheEschaton
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Uhhh, first step is "glows luminously", then "appearing smoother and more pure", then "improves somewhat". That's where I stop. I highlight them green, yellow, and red.....stop at red. ;)

-TheE-

grenthor
08-01-2006, 12:29 PM
In response to your voice, the < > glows luminously, its crystalline structure reforming as the gem becomes more perfect.

As you focus your voice on the < >, the gem hums in response to the resonance of your voice, appearing smoother and more pure in color.

As you focus your voice on the < >, the crystalline structure of the gem improves somewhat.

As you focus your voice on the < >, you hear it crack loudly and strain under the force of the song.

As the song continues, the < > begins to twist and turn as the very essence flows into it filling the imperfections.

TheEschaton
08-01-2006, 01:34 PM
that last one is in the second part of the messaging, and only happens when you make the gem into an orb gem.

-TheE-

AestheticDeath
08-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Heh, my lvl 11 bard made an orb gem! I didn't know and sold it to the gemshop. Guess I will know now. Thanks everyone.

JohnDoe
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Is it against policy to AFK sing to gems?

Artha
08-02-2006, 07:05 PM
IIRC, it is if you gain exp or money.

Danical
08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
strickly yes, but I've never had a send while doing it.