PDA

View Full Version : Cavernhold Puzzle

Merzbow
07-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Trying to get into this notorious area. OK I searched and found the small stone door. But I can't unlock it. Casting 407 tells me "the door is so well hidden, that even pointing it out to others in the room will not help them see it." What's the deal? Do I need to manually freakin' pick it?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes

Landrion
08-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Trying to get into this notorious area. OK I searched and found the small stone door. But I can't unlock it. Casting 407 tells me "the door is so well hidden, that even pointing it out to others in the room will not help them see it." What's the deal? Do I need to manually freakin' pick it?

God that is the lamest thing. Gee, would standing in front of the door and leaning on it help others find it? How about if I hock a gigantic spit right in the center (go warriortrick spit). Maybe if we took a fletching paintstick and wrote I R TEH DOOR in bold green letters.

Sorry I know that wasnt your question.

HarmNone
08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
:sigh: Again, I have to ask...did you even try to pick it? It's kinda like getting a new item and not knowing exactly what it does. What to do? You try every freaking verb you know on it. There is a certain amount of effort required to actually participate in Elanthian life. It seems to me that some players are looking for a manual that holds their hand and walks them, with no thought on their part, through every aspect of the game. I can't help but wonder how much fun there can be in that...

Merzbow
08-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Of course I tried to pick it. Being a wizard with zilch training in lockpicking, you can imagine what the result was. Maybe I'll spend a day getting a rogue to level 5 and triple-training him in picking solely for the purpose of getting into this bloody area.

peam
08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Or you could ask someone to come with you.

Dur dur dur.