PDA

View Full Version : Favorite foods!

AestheticDeath
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
OK, been getting real tired of my normal fare, and was wondering what your favorite meals are? What are your most common meals? Snacks? Deserts?

yeah chime in and give me a new flavor in life

AestheticDeath
07-30-2006, 11:16 PM
btw my favorite is chicken of some sort, normally fried... I tend to eat all the nasty bad foods normally, like pasta, pizza, fried chicken, hamburgers, etc. Fries & cheese sticks, don't do desert much though. Wouldnt mind finding a good one.

One of my favorite snacks used to be the Golden Cheese crackers.. lil hexagon things.

Sean of the Thread
07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Stop eating like shit before it's too late. Shit is gonna catch up with you with a quickness.

Numbers
07-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Sushi. Spanakopita. Watermelon.

Not at the same time.

Kuyuk
07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
anything fresh

Pan sear your chicken and make a nice sauce from the fond (shit in the pan afterwords), much much better for you than fried, and better tasting.

Fresh veggies that are in season.

K.

AestheticDeath
07-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Stop eating like shit before it's too late. Shit is gonna catch up with you with a quickness.

I actually made this post to be able to eat shittier foods!

My grandmother lives on vanilla ice cream, cheetos, and coca-cola. Has for the last 20 years or so. Now and then she eats something real... heh

Hips
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
pad thai, tekka maki, curry, etc.

edit: and I make awesome onigiri. soooo good. <3

AestheticDeath
07-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Pan sear your chicken and make a nice sauce from the fond (shit in the pan afterwords), much much better for you than fried, and better tasting.
K.
We do pan seared most of the time if we cook at home. Dont normally do sauces though. What do you recommend?

AestheticDeath
07-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Spanakopita.

What is this!?

edit... googled it... greek spinach pie? I dont think I could eat that.. I dont eat sushi either.

Olanan
07-31-2006, 03:02 AM
I :heart: CINNAMON TOAST

Numbers
07-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Spanakopita is crazy good. Try it before you knock it.

Bobmuhthol
07-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Buffalo wings.

Snapp
07-31-2006, 07:45 AM
I eat a lot of random things, usually never a real meal unless I go out to dinner or something... my faves are cantaloupe, brocolli, and mac & cheese.

Alfster
07-31-2006, 07:51 AM
ramen

Stretch
07-31-2006, 08:05 AM
Favorite snack = nutella sandwich

Since I moved in, I've been living off of pizza bites, various sandwiches and eating out.

Kuyuk
07-31-2006, 08:07 AM
For a sauce, use chicken stock that you can buy, add it to the pan after the chicken is done, let it boil a bit, add any other flavorings you'd like (any alcohol/herbs), cook a bit til it cooks down, last add a tablespoon or two of butter and stir it in so it doesnt seperate, and pour it over the chicken.

Sounds like a lot, but it shouldnt take more than two minutes to make.

K.

StrayRogue
07-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Chicken Korma and Pilau rice from the Nile restaraunt.

Strawberry trifle for desert.
Sunday Lunch - Mash, beef, carrots, peas, and gravy for general favourite meal (I only get it when I visit my parents).

TheEschaton
07-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Buffalo wings ftw, Bob is correct.

Of course, they're chicken wings here in Buffalo, because calling them Buffalo wings would sound pretty dumb.

-TheE-

Jenisi
07-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Crab legs (hands down winner)

Stanley Burrell
07-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Favorite meal = Shrimp in lobster sauce.
Common meal = Citrus, BBQ, green tea & ginger ale.
Common snack = Almonds. WASABI PEAS.
Favorite desert = Creme brule.
Common desert = Orange Milanos. Ehhmm... Mallomars..?

Caede
07-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Best, most digusting meal: blue crabs. Multiple bushels on the table, surrounded by people with hammers and beer. Snow, stone and other crabs are good, too... but nothing is quite as hands-on as blue crabs (except maybe lobsta).

...or chicken wings; unfortunately, despite being the 'birth place' of wings, Buffalo and the surrounding Northeast Region suck for wings. Good wings can only be found in the south. I miss living in Florida.

Jorddyn
07-31-2006, 11:03 AM
For summer -

Fresh bread, good cheese and fresh fruit.

Greek salads ( :heart: feta ) , kung pao shrimp (homemade, not from fast-food chinese), venison steak (marinated for a couple days so it isn't dry).

And, of course, just about anything on the grill.

Stanley Burrell
07-31-2006, 11:05 AM
And, of course, just about anything on the grill.

Werd.

This invention of fire, butane, metal and meat dun' spoiled me good this summer :-\

Beguiler
07-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Chicken curry, Filipino Pancit Bihon, Adobo pork and Pinakbet, Pork with Black Mushrooms and Bamboo shoots, any kind of chicken wings, stirfried broccoli with garlic and almonds...dang, 2 hours until lunch, having Pad Thai..

Skeeter
07-31-2006, 11:17 AM
taco bell?

TheEschaton
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
...or chicken wings; unfortunately, despite being the 'birth place' of wings, Buffalo and the surrounding Northeast Region suck for wings. Good wings can only be found in the south. I miss living in Florida.

You sir are a liar and a charlatan. I have been elsewhere, and wings are not wings elsewhere. They're crap.

"Garlic" wings are not chicken wings. Chicken wings come in 4 flavors: BBQ, hot, extra hot, and suicide.

Your blasphemy will not go unpunished.

-TheE-

CrystalTears
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Chicken Makhani. OMG so good.
Sushi, especially if it has unagi (eel).
Veal masala... my husband makes the best I've ever had.
Frita Cubana and Ropa Vieja (I make these a lot, my husband loves my Cuban dishes)

DeV
07-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Crab legs (hands down winner)And lobster too... :yes:

TheEschaton
07-31-2006, 12:59 PM
You guys and your Indian food. Maybe it's cause I had it every day growing up, but it's merely good, not my favorite.

-TheE-

Back
07-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Discovered a Sushi place near me that is becoming my favorite.

Fried crab-meat and cream-cheese wantons with a zesty dipping sauce.
Spicy crunchy tuna rolls.
Soft-shell crab rolls.

There is a korean place north east of here thats awesome.

Boulgoigi SP? Stir fried ginger and garlic beef. (Ordered extra spicy)
Jayukbokum the same but with pork.

My fav thai place is well west of me.

Drunken noodles with chicken. A savory stir fry of flat noodles, chicken, fresh tomatoes and basil.

A spanish place here in the city.

Paella Negro. Paella, a huge pot of rice, seafood, chicken and spanish sausage made with black squid ink.

The most exotic dish I’ve had here is another spanish tapas place around where I work.

Braised octopus. Surprisingly tender and fatty. Only in small portions.
Potato omelet is pretty good too.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Prime Rib.

I am a steak-and-potatos kind of of person. Any sort of steak cooked to medium that you can cut with just your fork gets an A+ from me. My boyfriend calls me a steak snob too because unless it's perfect, I'm not like "Mm it was good!" I'm more like "Well that wasn't great" and I list off why it failed my test.

My other favorite dish is vichysoisse. It's delicious.. my nanny used to make it for me, and to this day I love to have a cold cup of it when it's hot out. I still serve it warm to other people just because.. most people aren't used to cold soup.

Caede
07-31-2006, 03:39 PM
You sir are a liar and a charlatan. I have been elsewhere, and wings are not wings elsewhere. They're crap.

"Garlic" wings are not chicken wings. Chicken wings come in 4 flavors: BBQ, hot, extra hot, and suicide.

Your blasphemy will not go unpunished.

Unadulterated lies! I know not these 'garlic' wings of which you speak.

If the restaurant you are at does not serve wings and ribs, then you are eating INFERIOR CHICKEN WINGS. And since we all know that there are no good ribs north of the Mason-Dixon line, northern chicken wings are INFERIOR! QED.

Also, I would like to amend my previous post regarding chicken wings: chicken wings + ribs is the way to go. Heart attack, here I come.

Bobmuhthol
07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
<<"Garlic" wings are not chicken wings. Chicken wings come in 4 flavors: BBQ, hot, extra hot, and suicide.>>

When I was in Portsmouth, NH, there was some pizza place. I think it was like Joe's New York Pizza or something. Suicide was an understatement. Their hottest flavor was called Chernobyl, and it was fucking HOT. Most challenging wings I've ever faced.

TheEschaton
07-31-2006, 03:59 PM
We have a place called Duff's where the lowest is suicide. I don't know anyone who's eaten the quadruples without throwing up.

And you, sir, have obviously never had wings at The Anchor Bar, the birthplace of the chicken wing.

-TheE-

CrystalTears
07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
A friend of mine makes hot sauces. He works with a guy who has his own wing place. One of their sauces is called "WTF HOT". And it is. OMG.

Love wings though.

Skeeter
07-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't get the point of eating something so spicy all you taste is pain.

Once food turns into 2 guys waving their cocks at each other, I bow out.

TheEschaton
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Pain is what being a Buffalonian, and thus, an eater of chicken wings, is all about.

Duh.

We do it to forget Scott Norwood.

-TheE-

Stanley Burrell
07-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Speaking of spicy food, those jars of Greek Kalamata olives, drenched in army gas levels of red hot chili peppers are the effeen' bomb.

Sean of the Thread
07-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Wings are pretty big business round here..mmm do love me some wings.. such a variety.

Chelle
07-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Steak (Ribeye, medium well)
Lobster

pizza
hotdogs
nachos with junk melted over it
popcorn
chocolate

I love a well made chefs salad. I love salad bars. yum

I love potatoes made any way. Here is a good yummy recipe for you to try. Easy as pie.

1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
1 onion diced
1 cup of sour cream
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
3 cups of shredded Colby and Jack cheeses

mix it all together with yer hands and put it in a 13 in cake pan and bake at 350 until golden brown. IT is DELICIOUS. Great casserole to take to parties and get togethers. Can put chives and other stuff in it too.

Jayvn
08-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Corned beef and cabbage + a heavy beer to finish it off FTMFW