PDA

View Full Version : Mmm... Idiocy. Tastes like Icemule.

Betheny
10-28-2003, 07:33 AM
I've been in game for like 5 minutes.

>[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see a carved ice bench with some stuff on it and a painted sign.
Also here: Oneeva who is sitting, Alraus, Petalwind
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west
>enc
You notice Petalwind reach into Alraus's pockets.
Your load is a bit heavy, but you feel confident that the weight is not affecting your actions very much.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>glance pet
You glance at Petalwind.
>
Petalwind sweetly says, "lol"

Xcalibur
10-28-2003, 07:46 AM
That was me, and i AFK script

So gms, bust her:lol:

Morstanya
10-28-2003, 08:31 AM
X, just what did that mean anyways ? Who did you mean and what does a script have to do with it ? Are you saying you were Alraus and were sleeping with a script ?

Typing 'lol' is such a strange thing to do in an frpg. I wonder if they play D&D and say l-o-l to the DM when they think something is funny, instead of just laughing.

Morstanya, Witch of the North

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Petalwind is an idiot.

Dighn Darkbeam
10-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Personally, I think the cold addles everyones brain up there. Most simply seem dead on their feet.

[Edited on 10-28-2003 by Dighn Darkbeam]

DCSL
10-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Blargh. And I have to temporarily move up to Icemule in GS4 since arctic manticores will be all my character can hunt passably that's not incorporeal undead. Very discouraging, but we'll see, I guess..

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Its okay Dex, I live in Mule >.<

DCSL
10-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Its okay Dex, I live in Mule >.<

Yeah, but you're canceling your account! I read it on the official boards! :no:

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
I'll be at Ebon's atleast. I want to get my money's worth.

DCSL
10-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I'll be at Ebon's atleast. I want to get my money's worth.

Give me your Eye Spy bracer. And your Palestra armor.

9_9 - Puppy dog eyes.

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Women. Always after yer money.

DCSL
10-28-2003, 10:51 AM
I've got to get my dibs in while the dibbin' is good!

Morstanya
10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Every town is the same Dextra, full of idiots mostly. Each is the same in that there are people worth getting to know also. You really ought to look at this as an opportunity, not a 'punishment'.

Morstanya, Witch of the North.

DCSL
10-28-2003, 12:52 PM
I've never been ignored in a town like I have been in Icemule, when asking for healing. My normal operations for asking for healing is a whisper to anyone that I see is a healer (cuts down on multiple empaths healing in Landing and splitting the tip.) I tried this. And no one responded. It wasn't like they were AFK, they were speaking and laughing and moving around. I asked three different empaths privately. Then I thought, well, maybe they just consider whispers OOC. So I asked out loud. Nothing. No response what so ever.

I know it's not their obligation to heal me but they could at least take a moment to respond and say they're not working at the moment. I would have accepted that. But no... it was like I wasn't there at all. Even River's Rest wasn't that insular. And it couldn't have been a personal vendetta, because I didn't know any of those characters I asked. Just the fact that all three of them chose to ignore my polite request both in whispers and out loud says something to me. It's left a bad association with Icemule in my mind.

Drew2
10-28-2003, 01:02 PM
I'll be the first to admit I ignore people when they ask for healing. Sometimes, I don't feel like it.

Sometimes I feel like invading the well and making them all my prisoners and forcing them to sing love songs about their cookies. :D This happened last night, in fact.

Healing is Tayre's gift, not a job. I'm sorry people get ignored completely, though. You should go when people like Oguo or Roelaren are around. They heal anything that moves.

DCSL
10-28-2003, 01:06 PM
It was two years ago and I've pretty much avoided Icemule since then. Don't remember their names except some vague recollections that two started with P's. I just ate some herbs and left as soon as possible. I don't even go up there for merchants.

But alot can happen in a couple years, so I can surely give it all another chance. ;) Look out for my shivering Nalfein elf huddled in her blanket walking around, after GS4.

peam
10-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Ice Mule is a bastion of idiocy and snobby cliques, and they refuse to admit it.

At least Wehnimer's knows what it is.

Morstanya
10-28-2003, 01:19 PM
I disagree, I know most the snotty cliches and everyone in them seems to realize that's exactly what it is. For years now I've called Icemule the most clichish place of all. Honestly, I do think people there realize it.

As far as idiocy goes, I'd blanket all of Elanthia with that statement.

Mors.

Xcalibur
10-28-2003, 01:22 PM
No no, i was saying that for some gms that goes here and then, you know the rest

hehe

I never say lol, if i would i would say Beaucoup de rire BDR then, i tend to laugh in french

:rolleyes:

Drew2
10-28-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm not clique-ish at all. 80% of the people i interact with, i've probably never met before. I just randomly choose people to tease or give things to or whatever my mood suits.

Not EVERYONE in Icemule is like that, but yes several of them are. I think it's good though because it makes it more rude when I invade their tables or drag people a room over in the middle of a conversation.

Artha
10-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Petalwind's a moron. And a friend of Garr.

Tayre, when I get my ranger a bit older, we should drive them out of town.

Drew2
10-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Damn, Artha. Finish either Artha or Aone before you take on new projects. You'll never get anyone over 25 at this rate.

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Of course he won't. That means he might actually start experiencing the difficult end of Gemstone.

As for Mule...its alright. Idiots live there. Just clervly disguised ones. I think its amusing the residents hold it in such high regards in comparison to the Landing, when in fact most are just OOC snerts themselves. I am there simply for the hunting and the general quiet.

Betheny
10-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by peam
Ice Mule is a bastion of idiocy and snobby cliques, and they refuse to admit it.

At least Wehnimer's knows what it is.

Hear hear, Peam. You speaketh truth.

Betheny
10-28-2003, 07:27 PM
And STray? There is no girl in hanson.

Drew2
10-28-2003, 07:38 PM
I think that's part of the joke.

Betheny
10-28-2003, 07:40 PM
No, I think the joke's on him,if he fucked one of the 'girls'...

Drew2
10-28-2003, 07:42 PM
It all feels the same in the dark.

Wezas
10-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
I think that's part of the joke.

Tayre, as I've learned after my joke about Edine's avatar, jokes need to be spelled out.

BTW, you're a tool

Stunseed
10-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Nice to know you've got experience feeling up boys in the dark, bro. Just kidding.

Love you Jolena!

Artha
10-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Damn, Artha. Finish either Artha or Aone before you take on new projects. You'll never get anyone over 25 at this rate.

Actually, I rerolled Artha. He was 26, btw :)

You've uh, met my ranger already.

[Edited on 10-29-2003 by Artha]

Drew2
10-28-2003, 08:03 PM
I am not a tool.

<-------------

Artha
10-28-2003, 08:05 PM
You are indeed the tool.

Drew2
10-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Are you that upity arrogant dwarven ranger that I almost did something very mean to?

Artha
10-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Yepper.

He's a Khanshael, and thus classifies you as a savage, you being a sylvan and all.

[Edited on 10-29-2003 by Artha]

Dighn Darkbeam
10-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Yepper.

He's a Khanshael, and thus classifies you as a savage, you being a sylvan and all. >>>

Only met a few actual Khanshael. They must be a blast to play. They have far more breathing room with kinship then the Dhe'nar, yet retain the rich culture and racism that inspires roleplaying.

Care to send the name so I might look out for him?
Vinmac3L6@aol.com if you dont wish to say on the boards.

10-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Tayre it says tool right under your name I *think* somebody is playing a joke on you....

Tendarian
10-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by The Edine
Tayre it says tool right under your name I *think* somebody is playing a joke on you....

No no it says The Tool. Big difference Edine :)

GS4Gurl
10-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Um Tendarian, whats up with the dude under your name? There are many things that can be said about it yet, at this time I will try not to give into temptation. It would be too easy.

:lol:

StrayRogue
10-29-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
No, I think the joke's on him,if he fucked one of the 'girls'...

Yer real sharp aren't you Maim hun :rolleyes:

Betheny
10-29-2003, 06:24 AM
Sharp like a butcher knife through the femoral artery.

StrayRogue
10-29-2003, 06:27 AM
Something like that. Tayre was correct btw.

As Wezas said, to some jokes need to be S.P.E.L.L.E.D out for some.

Betheny
10-29-2003, 06:41 AM
If you're calling me stupid, here's how much I care.

><

AnticorRifling
10-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl
Um Tendarian, whats up with the dude under your name? There are many things that can be said about it yet, at this time I will try not to give into temptation. It would be too easy.

:lol:

He's one of the main comedians from Kids in the Hall, Canadian humor. Personally I like it, the wife thinks it's stupid.

I squish your head!

Sweets
10-29-2003, 07:01 AM
Not to be flip, but it's "I'm crushing your head". :D

Long live the Kids in the Hall.

*Holds up her thumb an appropriate distance from her nose with one eye closed.*

I can't seeeeeeee you.

peam
10-29-2003, 08:41 AM
On topic or die.

AnticorRifling
10-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Icemule is cold.

Peam doesn't just love fruit, he LOVES fruit.

peam
10-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Don't test me.

http://iws.wcupa.edu/bananaday/images/lukebanana.jpg

Artha
10-29-2003, 04:45 PM
They have far more breathing room with kinship then the Dhe'nar, yet retain the rich culture and racism that inspires roleplaying.

Care to send the name so I might look out for him?

Harkot, the dwarven Ranger.

And yeah, he's a blast to play. Khanshael are fun.

SpunGirl
11-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Icemule isn't all bad. I have a 'group' my character bumbles around with but that's because it's her family. And we love to hang out with new people.

Anyone who thinks Icemule is clique-ish has probably had a bad interaction, I don't doubt that. Anyone who's tried to bulldoze their way into an Icemule quest, been denied, and thinks Icemule is clique-ish as a result is totally justified.

Yes, I'm grinding my own personal axe here, and it Smellas like Icky. Ha, ha, ha.

-K

[Edited on 11-5-2003 by SpunGirl]

Trinitis
11-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Smellas like Icky!! :lol:

SpunGirl
11-05-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm glad you're as amused as I am.

-K