PDA

View Full Version : Savant and new profession theory.

Lysander
07-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Theory is that the newer professions will be "more powerful" then their predeccesors? Why? Very simple, money. As people slowly begin to get their characters to the higher level professions, Simu needs some kind of incentive to get players trying new professions (aka from the beginning). I do not believe Simu will allow for inter profession conversion for savant or even monks.

StrayRogue
07-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I disagree for a number of reasons.

One, Warden isn't an idiot. He's balanced the game incredibly well. This has, at many points, upset the player base as certain things got nerfed all in the name of that balance. I doubt he would ruin it simply because of some percieved desire to get players to try a new profession.

Two, look at paladins. As a profession they are pretty cool. Underpowered in a few areas (defensively and training wise), but very balanced to todays' playing field. Their spells make much use of lores, which is the way the game is heading these days.

Three, Simu have already said they would allow inter profession conversion for monks, but not savants.

Four, there are several members of the new races (who themselves could be argued to be "over-balanced") who have capped already. Where there is something unaccomplished in the game, you better believe someone will go out there and try to do it.

StrayRogue
07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Besides, if they make savants and monks more powerful, we'll just have the sorcerer syndrome pre-GP.

Stanley Burrell
07-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Watch monks get 3x brawling.

Stanley Burrell
07-22-2006, 11:33 AM
And I had thought for a while that monks, not savants, were next on the list of new professions scheduled for the 2020's.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2006, 11:38 AM
<<I do not believe Simu will allow for inter profession conversion for savant or even monks.>>

It was already announced that monk conversion is going to happen. I'm not sure on savants.

StrayRogue
07-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Watch monks get 3x brawling.

They get 2x brawling along with 2x every other weapon style.

Latrinsorm
07-22-2006, 12:52 PM
They'll probably do the "free character slot for a month to try it out!" they did with paladin. They don't really have to unbalance the game.