PDA

View Full Version : Gms come here

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Gms come here and read a lot, I think I got a "proof".

I played 2 characters from the zone to make some money

Straymister got from someone we both know who i played. He saids I was scripting because he stole from me and bla bla bla. Both characters were scripting actually.

Well, I retired and closed one zone account after 4 days, because i was caught scripting and was HARASSED by gms (got send, rats talking, wind every 30 minutes)

I even told the gm that it was normal that i was caught. Script but read a book, in 2 minutes you can be busted, he saids that it was just normal, bla bla bla.

So, I scripted with my other character. And I got caught too (at the low level 3)

So I closed that account too. I started 3 others. No one knows the name here. Well, right now they're level 9,8,6 and i DIDN'T HAD ANY trick, no rat talking, no wind, no send EVER.

Weirdly, I never said their name here.

Someone said i got caught the 2 times because someone reported me and when there's a report, they check very often. I disagree with that, checking often and being checked every 30 minutes is very different in my book

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Of course they read these boards. I just wish they'd listen to half of the stuff they are too afraid to let people say on the normal ones. Like GS4 sucks? Like listen to people who aren't Haxley, Carabelle etc?

theotherjohn
10-27-2003, 06:01 PM
why wouldnt GMs come here? They are normal people and I am know they come here and laugh or grimace just like we do.

Edaarin
10-27-2003, 06:04 PM
They used to post here till they got driven out. Check the old PC.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Come here is one thing, I meant in my post that they come here and take informations/facts and use them in game

Straymister said i was afk scripting with one character, i was heavily checked and finaly caught.

The other was known here, well i was caught too.

Now no one knows the names, and i didn't had any of their trick to check if you script

Parkbandit
10-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I fucked the girl from Hanson

Which one?

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:06 PM
The long-haired one.

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a01

Parkbandit
10-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Come here is one thing, I meant in my post that they come here and take informations/facts and use them in game

Straymister said i was afk scripting with one character, i was heavily checked and finaly caught.

The other was known here, well i was caught too.

Now no one knows the names, and i didn't had any of their trick to check if you script

Didn't he say he reported you though? Wouldn't that explain how you were caught?

And I know if I come across anyone I think is afk scripting.. I'll throw a report up.

Don't like it? Pay attention to the screen.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Saying the name here surely didn't helped at all

But as i said, i wasn't checked once

I was checked every 30 minutes, sometimes 2 times in a row.

I study in front of my computer, well reading some pages, look up, ahh in the limbo.

Maybe i just imagine stuff, who knows

Back
10-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Are you really that suprised? These are public boards. You and others come here and brag about breaking policy. Why wouldn't they scan here and do something about it?

That would be like making an Unofficial FBI site and bragging about how you broke a law.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 06:26 PM
ehh in the first place i didn't brag about scripting afk, he saids i was.

But yeah, i think I was again too naive about gemstone, it's really a small world:)

[Edited on 27-10-03 by Xcalibur]

AkMan
10-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Yes, GM's have been and still come to these boards, as has David Whatley himself. Not surprisingly though, Mr. Whatley was ran out pretty fast. Sucked because love him or hate him, his presence was nice on these boards.

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Who is David Whately?

theotherjohn
10-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Who is David Whately?

David Whatley
President and CEO

David Whatley's passion for online gaming led him to found Simutronics in 1987, when he was 20 years old. David -- chief designer of most of the company's games -- has won numerous awards, including Computer Gaming World's "Online Game of the Year" award for CyberStrike. David is the mastermind behind Simutronics' technology and game designs and has built a team of talented people who are taking Simutronics to new heights.

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:56 PM
lol, that was so cut and pasted.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by AkMan
Yes, GM's have been and still come to these boards, as has David Whatley himself. Not surprisingly though, Mr. Whatley was ran out pretty fast. Sucked because love him or hate him, his presence was nice on these boards.

ehh why did he left and all the "known" gms that were on the other forum?

Back
10-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Because Edge was stalking him at his home.

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Woah, more details plz.

theotherjohn
10-27-2003, 07:06 PM
lol, that was so cut and pasted.

It was not :mad:

I did it from memory:saint:

Kurili
10-27-2003, 07:20 PM
I wish there had been an option that GMs come here without having to click spying.

They play GS, they are the same as us, I'm sure. Of course I think they might come here. And I dont think they'd register if they did.

Acolyte Kurili

Camri
10-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Why does it matter if they come here? And why does it matter if they spy, or just come here to read while they rest, like most of the rest of us?

If you're AFK scripting, or doing anything else you shouldn't be doing, you shouldn't be bragging about it on the boards anyway. Even if GM doesn't read it, somebody else is going to make something out of it.

I don't think having GMs hanging out is such a bad idea. They can get honest feedback from players, about how we feel about the game. They might not choose to pay attention to it, but you never know, they might.

Morstanya
10-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Wannabe.

Mors.

Back
10-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Woah, more details plz.

Well, when I search the old boards it goes into a never ending loop. Whatley used to post as Bardon. It was pretty ugly actually.

Here is the link to the old boards.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

I can't find the thread it happened in. I may very well have been deleted. Maybe Kranar can dig it up.

Oh yeah, Andraste used to post here also. I'm sure a few current GMs have this bookmarked if for nothing else than morbid curiosity.

[Edited on 10-28-2003 by Backlash]

Zentoph
10-27-2003, 09:40 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000060.html

Here is a post that had a lot of staff members..

I've no doubt that many staff members read this, and they probably post, too.

10-28-2003, 08:30 AM
i know a few staff members to come here to at least watch one... it was a member who imformed me of this lovely place so I could attempt to defend myself...and I have to thank them for they turned me on to this lovely family! (sorry could not help myself with the last comment)

do they post here no not the ones that I know but spy they do it would be nice to have a true open forum with them that we can talk and get feedback instead of the official boards

Caramia
10-28-2003, 05:49 PM
I wish there was an option:
GMs come here and laugh at how silly people are.

As for why they don't post here, do take a look at the back threads and you'll see that many of them have been attacked for assumptions, gossip, and rumor spread by players that don't have the facts. They've been attacked for doing their job, and just been attacked personally, like we've attacked people for their weight and looks.

I'm sure that's not very entertaining.

Caramia
10-28-2003, 05:53 PM
P.S. Apparently they do listen to what is posted, since people who brag about AFK scripting, killing AFK scripters, and other things get caught.

If you're going to boast and you do it here, or do it in an IM, email, or in the game, they'll probably find out. That they might see it here and use that information shouldn't even be an issue if you're stupid enough to post you're violating policy.