PDA

View Full Version : Explain instruments to me.

AnticorRifling
10-27-2003, 05:44 PM
How

Why

Etc.

Thanks in advance.

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Four levels of skill. Anyone can get the first two. Only bards can get the last two. You play <instrument> <style>. Styles include Joyful, Mournful, Soft, Fast, Slow, Intense, Jaunty, Flamboyant, Aimless, Somber, Inspiring.

The scripting for each "pulse" gets better and more descriptive as you get better. Getting better requires lots of practice which you can check with the Play Skill verb.

Some bard songs require the use of instruments, such as Travellers song.

They also get out of tune eventually, to which only a bard can re-tune the instrument.

Miss X
10-27-2003, 06:07 PM
So non-bards can only be up to an apprentice? I thought they could get up to the third rank?
Vx

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Nope, just second I believe. It used to be the first as well, I think.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Anticor, don't make a bard to MA

Bard sux

:lol:

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:16 PM
If I was to have a second account at the same level, it would be a bard, hands down. Love the AS, Maneuever, DS, haste buffs.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Cleric are better, and "they" can raise you, and become skining machine

haste buff, well, it's interesting, when the bard is like level 50

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Well, it depends how you train. If say I was to have a purely ancillary bard who would only support my character, he'd be a picker, doubled in spells, with lots of lore for gem singing.

Xcalibur
10-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Good luck bringing him to level 50 though

hehhehe

Wizard as a main with a cleric supporter seems really the best still, for me.

Back
10-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Well, it depends how you train. If say I was to have a purely ancillary bard who would only support my character, he'd be a picker, doubled in spells, with lots of lore for gem singing.

Good call. Even if you skimped on the fighting skills, you could also benefit your main with the bard's group enhancing songs.

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Exactly. Thats all I'd need. He'd level off the exp from my mains boxes.

Back
10-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Exactly. Thats all I'd need. He'd level off the exp from my mains boxes.

Well... may as well have it hit at least once during the hunts. I'm finding I need a couple of big jobs in a row to fry off boxes.

Back
10-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Four levels of skill. Anyone can get the first two. Only bards can get the last two. You play <instrument> <style>. Styles include Joyful, Mournful, Soft, Fast, Slow, Intense, Jaunty, Flamboyant, Aimless, Somber, Inspiring.

The scripting for each "pulse" gets better and more descriptive as you get better. Getting better requires lots of practice which you can check with the Play Skill verb.

Some bard songs require the use of instruments, such as Travellers song.

They also get out of tune eventually, to which only a bard can re-tune the instrument.

Everything he said, except, I do not believe instruments are -required- for spell songs. One handed instruments do increase success for certain songs, two handed even moreso.

There is tons of good info on the official boards, bards/bard's banter or bardic research.

Also, typing 'play' by itself pretty much tells it all.

[Edited on 10-27-2003 by Backlash]

theotherjohn
10-27-2003, 06:48 PM
sorcerer is by far the best to MA with.

spells, imbed items, and able to open boxes

plus in GSIV spell servants and perhaps demons to help you