PDA

View Full Version : 6x, blessable, elegant mithril-hilted vultite greatsword

Khariz
07-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Selling a 6x, blessable, elegant mithril-hilted vultite greatsword

It has +2%DF and +1AvD better than normal greatswords.

Crafted by Perivan, taken up to 6x through four winds. It can be blessed, and still flares when bonded as a paladin weapon as it wasn't wizard enchanted.

After a careful inspection you determine that an elegant mithril-hilted vultite greatsword requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified twohanded sword.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.

StrayRogue
07-14-2006, 02:48 PM
This greatsword just got wtfpwned

WRoss
07-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Just curious why you wouldn't get a perfect enchanted up to 6x instead of a elegant

Khariz
07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Ask Perivan why he didn't have any perfects on the market back then, how the hell do I know?

Daniel
07-14-2006, 03:06 PM
This greatsword just got wtfpwned

That and the premium points wasted to get it that high. Rofl

Khariz
07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Edit: nm

StrayRogue
07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Crie.

Khariz
07-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Not crying. You've made it painfully obvious that nobody is interested. Oh well, I'll know better than to attempt to sell things here any more.

Daniel
07-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey dude, don't be all ass hurt at us. Write a GM to get your points back.

Danical
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Maybe Khariz hasn't read/heard the news?

Celephais
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
You posted it for sale today... and then your item got nerfed, and you tell everybody on the boards to go fuck themselves?

I'm sure there might have been some interest if you gave it more time (and there wasn't a nerf). ... but yeah these boards aren't candyland so tough skin helps, but it's certainly not a dry market here.

Drew
07-14-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll bid 2.5 million silvers.

HarmNone
07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Whoa! You're trying to sell an item that's been nerfed, so everyone is an asshole? How did you come to that conclusion?

Look at it this way: You put a nerfed item up for sale. One of our posters let others know the item had been nerfed. Now...say you were a prospective buyer. Would you still look at that person as an asshole? I don't think so. I think you'd probably be glad to have the information, eh?

Khariz
07-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey dude, don't be all ass hurt at us. Write a GM to get your points back.

Wasn't my points. I didn't create this thing. I just own it.

Khariz
07-14-2006, 05:04 PM
You posted it for sale today... and then your item got nerfed, and you tell everybody on the boards to go fuck themselves?

I'm sure there might have been some interest if you gave it more time (and there wasn't a nerf). ... but yeah these boards aren't candyland so tough skin helps, but it's certainly not a dry market here.

What the hell are you talking about? My item didn't get nerfed? I have no clue what the fuck you are talking about.

This is the same item is has always been. Some fuck bought a sword from Perivan and used their points to enchant it. I bought it, and now I'm selling it.

Where the fuck is the nerf? I converted my warrior to paladin, and I swing the god damn thing too fucking slow now. There's nothing wrong with it, it wasn't nerfed.

Khariz
07-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Okay so on some reflection, someone please tell me the news I apparently haven't heard about why my item is nerfed?

mgoddess
07-14-2006, 05:17 PM
People think it got nerfed because of the changes to Enchanting (925) that'll be happening sometime this weekend. One of the changes makes weapons/armor that were enchanted by a wiz blessable (where before, their blessability went to the well once a wiz casted 925 at the item). If whoever got that greatsword up to 6x spent Premie Points on it, and spent the extra points to keep it blessable...then, the sword just lost some of it's value due to the enchanting changes. Nothing else changed about it...people are just being silly. *shrug*

(ETA: Or at least, that's what I think people are talking about....could be something completely different.)

HarmNone
07-14-2006, 05:19 PM
There ya go! Ask a well-worded question and you'll get a well-worded answer. Thanks, mgoddess! :)

Khariz
07-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Alright, so since there was no nerf, there is no problem.

I don't even use it as a blessable sword, as I'm a paladin. I need it non-wizard enchanted to be able to have flares when I bond to it.

Nothing has changed the worth of the blade in my opinion.

MB is still 10 mil.

Danical
07-14-2006, 05:25 PM
You don't get it . . . there is quite a bit more supply of blessable weapons now.

You won't be able to sell it for 10m. Not now.

mgoddess
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't even use it as a blessable sword, as I'm a paladin. I need it non-wizard enchanted to be able to have flares when I bond to it.

That's the thing...with wizard-enchanted blades being able to be blessable now, there is an influx of weapons out there that Paladins can bond with, not just the non-wizard enchanted ones. That is why the value went down. Not because it didn't get nerfed, but because of the influx of 1625-bondable-with-flares weapons.

Khariz
07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
MB is 10 mil.

I'm using it as my main weapon, I don't really care if nobody wants it.

There isn't exactly a flood of 6x and 7x twohanded swords in the market. If this was a falchion, I'd agree with you. The bid stands.

HarmNone
07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
They're trying to tell you the way it is, Khariz. Your item hasn't changed, really. However, its value has changed. As the available number of items of a specific type rises, their worth falls. It's the way the economy works. You can probably sell your item without much difficulty, but you probably won't get the price you're asking for it. :)

Khariz
07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Like I said. Show me where all the 6x-7x Twohanded swords are, and I'll agree with you. Haven't seen one in months.

ELO
07-14-2006, 05:34 PM
It wasn't so much that it got "nerfed", it's that, as of this weekend, there's nothing special that sets it apart from every other 6x weapon out there.

If that doesn't change the value the blade in your opinion, well... good luck finding a buyer, because it sure changed the value of the blade in my opinion.

mgoddess
07-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Show me where all the 6x-7x Twohanded swords are, and I'll agree with you.

The thread on the Play.net Wizard forums... (https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=31&topic=12)

The thread here about it. (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=20363)

There are apparently a ton-load out there...just sitting in lockers, because they weren't blessable. Now that they are, they'll be coming out of the woodwork...and that's probably why you haven't seen them yet.

Lucas
07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that sword did get nerfed indirectly if all the weapons currently in existence automatically become blessable. Its unfortunate. The best bet is to own a weapon that is really difficult to nerf, like for instance a ebladed weapon or failing that an off the shelf weapon. If you want a special...it's my preciousssss!.... weapon go for basic weapons in which a nerf would generally piss off the population I.E. If claidhmores were to ever get nerfed and lose their 80 pts of weighting. Can't go wrong with high enchants either, or just make a wiz. I hope they'll remove that 7x cap.

Stanley Burrell
07-14-2006, 07:34 PM

Paladins can bond to the fifth rank with many, many weapons in the GemStone. I am extremely certain that wizard enchanted weapons still gain their plasma flares, just not any item that already has flares or weighting. I think.

allen
07-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Paladins can bond to the fifth rank with many, many weapons in the GemStone. I am extremely certain that wizard enchanted weapons still gain their plasma flares, just not any item that already has flares or weighting. I think.

I'm not positive, but I'm friends with 2 paladins and they always complain about not being able to get higher enchanted weapons because they can't get plasma flares on weapons that were wizard enchanted. You might be right about the 5th rank, but from what they say, it can't be wizard enchanted.

herektir
07-14-2006, 08:02 PM
You swing a translucent amber mein falchion at a csetairi!
AS: +437 vs DS: +314 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +45 = +205
... and hit for 48 points of damage!
The csetairi is stunned!

** Your amber mein falchion pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **

... 30 points of damage!

As of about 5 or 6ish pm cst that 10x weapon became blessable and now receives the double plasma flares from 1625.

Khariz
07-14-2006, 09:00 PM

They don't. Not right now anyway.

Edit: Well now that the change went through, they do.

StrayRogue
07-15-2006, 02:00 AM
So yeah, it got nerfed. 6x two-handed sword? 2-3 mil.

Drew
07-15-2006, 02:11 AM
That was my bid.

StrayRogue
07-15-2006, 02:14 AM
You have learned much, my young padawan.

Drew
07-15-2006, 03:00 AM
You have learned much, my young padawan.

No one in the universe can stop me!

Khariz
07-16-2006, 10:29 PM
The blade has been sold in a silvers + trade sale.