PDA

View Full Version : Duels and bug abuse

Morstanya
10-27-2003, 09:54 AM
There was a bug at the tavern (being fixed if not actually fixed currently) that allowed people to ambush folks anywhere in game, wether they were in the tavern or not. Seems someone decided to start harassing a fella in RR by abusing that bug and when that fella got wind of what was going on they came to Icemule to 'remedy' the situation. Once there the offender got their little gang of punks together, one of which challenged this fella to a duel outside the west gate. Being punks, they didn't honor the one on one duel and jumped in when their fellow punk was in trouble, ganging up on this fella 3 on 1. Fortunately a friend of mine was their to aid this fella, though not by killing the punks, merely by getting this fella back on their feet after the extra punks jumped in.

Two things here. First, it's super lame to abuse a bug like that. Second, it's even more lame to run and hide behind someone else when confronted about it, and even worse still to pull a stunt like ganging up on the fella that's trying to stay IC when dealing with the bogus situation. Grow the fuck up punklings.

Morstanya, Witch of the North.

AnticorRifling
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Cool bug but way to many fella's in that story to follow :cool:

That bug would be fun to use against friends for kicks but to use it in a duel or conflict is weak.

Morstanya
10-27-2003, 10:50 AM
Sorry that story is so confusing but I didn't want to list names (yet at least).

Fella: in RR

Punks(4): in Icemule

One Punk abuses bug on Fella. Fella comes to Icemule after finding out what's going on. Second Punk challenges Fella to duel and then all Punks jump in on the duel.

That's the basics...

Mors.

Edaarin
10-27-2003, 11:12 AM
You don't have to hide names here, this isn't the official boards.

10-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Haashek [subdued]: "for the record Legend Haashek's carryout service doesnt carry out Edaarin's.. just thought I'd throw that in

I cant stand that man

Kurili
10-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Heh When he mentioned where 'his kid Anticor' was on the net, and someone thought that Falgrin had adopted Anticor, he responded that "That was miss information".

Seems Anticor cant escape the prison of his parentage, regardless who tries to unlock the door.

Acolyte Kurili

Parkbandit
10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Kurili
Heh When he mentioned where 'his kid Anticor' was on the net, and someone thought that Falgrin had adopted Anticor, he responded that "That was miss information".

Seems Anticor cant escape the prison of his parentage, regardless who tries to unlock the door.

Acolyte Kurili

I say we duel for the right to call Anticor their rightful "Super Kid". We can both have Anticor carry our equipment and shine our shoes before the contest.

Don't worry Anticor.. I'll save you.:spin:

Kurili
10-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Anticor is so lucky to have you in his life, Falgrin!

Acolyte Kurili, weeping with joy

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes Tayre and Adredrin are going to get a beating (if not a lockout) if they stop being fucking OOC pussies.

Jolena
10-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Hehe..yeah I was sitting at a table in Landing with Stun.. and was talking and suddenly I see "Tayre punches you in the side! You are dazed." and I am all stunned.. I look over and Stun is on the floor stunned.. But Tayre refused to tell me how he did it. Just cackled at me on IM's and told me it was a bug. Ah well, no real harm done.. I didn't mind as long as he wasn't repeatedly doing it to me

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 02:46 PM
No, the harm that was done was two random people who'd Stay had never met or interacted with came up and punched him.

Morstanya
10-27-2003, 02:54 PM
I wasn't so much hiding the names as keeping them to myself for later use. If you catch my drift...

Mors.

StrayRogue
10-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Oh, I didn't think it was the same two people. Its nice to know that Tayre is not only a tool, but a lame pussy as well.

Drew2
10-27-2003, 09:19 PM
First of all, that had to be the funnest night I've ever had in GS in history.

That being said, Stay, you HAVE interacted with Tayre, and I punched you once, I think. That's it. I knocked the crap out of Edaarin too. It was so fun. And it was a one time thing -- It will never happen again.

Get over it. I can kill you if I wanted anyway. Which I don't.

Stunseed
10-28-2003, 12:30 AM
It was amusing, but it coulda had consequences, Tayre. Suppose I was hunting and you knocked me out with the whiskey bottle? Still funny, I must admit.

Airveil
10-28-2003, 12:54 AM
In response to…..

One Punk abuses bug on Fella. Fella comes to Icemule after finding out what's going on. Second Punk challenges Fella to duel and then all Punks jump in on the duel.

Here’s how it REALLY went…

It went like this..One Punk abuses bug on Fella. Fella comes to IceMule after finding out what’s going on. Fella then abuses bug himself to get back at One Punk. Fella then grabs innocent friend of One Punk and kills her 2x(since his bug abusing revenge was not satisfying enough). Person who was previously NOT a punk tells the “Fella” he will kill him to revenge the deaths of the innocent girl. Fella remains in his calmed area and acquires spells from his not a punk friend Big guy. Fight breaks out and each time fella is tackled or stunned Big Guy pulls or helps. The 2 actual Punks that were there basically swatted at the air being unable to touch anyone with whatever they had and die.

It is truly amazing how MINOR details can be left out of stories that change how one’s actions are interpreted. Now, Morstanya, My character Airveil does not know you I don’t believe. I will tell you the story of how that crazy evening went as objectively as possible having been evolved in its entirely from jump street. I too will leave off names only including my own.

The beginning……

Three friends and myself went to the Ice House in Mule and a “playful” bar fight broke out between a couple of them. During the brawl we began to notice that our actions were unaccountably being directed at names of characters that were not visible in the room! I was invisible, as I did not want to brawl so we were able to rule out the theory that there were invisible people in the room that were being inadvertently hit. We assisted and continued to experiment. We were finally able to ascertain that by abbreviating the person’s name that he was attempting to strike “S” (the only “S” in the room), other character’s who were in the Lands Names beginning with “S” were appearing to be hit.
Each of us then began to experiment with our highlighted list of friends/acquaintances to see whether all names in the Lands would appear, and they did.

After a time a thought came through to me from someone in Mule saying, hey, why are you hitting me? At this point we realized that our punches were ACTUALLY being FELT to the characters we aimed at! Word spread and people showed up and things got crazy. When a thought came through that we really should not be messing with a bug if it was indeed a bug, we immediately stopped; we left and went to wait for the assist at a table.

Speaking for myself personally, did I get carried away? Yes. Airveil felt badly when she realized she had hurt innocent strangers and friends while “playing”. Should she be accountable? Sure, she can offer an apology, explanation or accept a death as a result from any character she offended (and has already!).

As it continues…………….

My friends and others also will have to deal with their actions. Your friend, “the fella” ,
Was angry about being punched by one of my friends. He went to IceMule to get revenge. (I am guessing by what you and he said). All of that makes sense. She blew it and he deserved to ask for an apology, take her life…..whatever.

While waiting for the assist, we ran to Sol to check our lobster traps. During this trip we honestly spent ½ of our time dragging a stunned friend around as it seemed “the fella” had reached IceMule and was in the Tavern beating her name (and in turn her) senseless. Hey, we got what was given out and dealt with it. As we returned to Landing (dragging her) we sensed the death of a friend in Mule (a 12 train warrior), then another death shortly thereafter. A couple of us had to leave the Lands so myself, my stunned friend and another previously uninvolved friend ran up to Mule to find out if she was ok.

She explained to us that she went to the Tavern to see what all the rumors were about and this “fella” and her had brawled when he decided to change the scope of things by dragging her outside the tavern and killing her. She returned after being raised to yell at him and he did the same thing all over again. We went to find this “fella” and attempt to stand up for our friend.

The ending…………………

This “fella” was happy to come face to face with the one who had beaten him up earlier that night and let her know that he was, not happy, had assisted to complain about her punching him and abusing a bug, and did not care what happened to him since he had done the same thing as revenge back at her. We asked why he was bullying and killing the 12 train warrior and my previously uninvolved friend who had come up to Mule with me asked for him to stop or he would kill him, never mentioned dueling.
Now,,, this “fella” was more then capable of handling any of us that were there, train wise we were over our heads but wanted to represent the 12 trainee as best as we could. In addition, we immediately realized there was not a chance of either reason or survival with this “fella’s” companion who was an ancient wizard protecting and assisting him with spells, pulling him up when he fell and mana. Did it turn into a free for all? Yes, the whole scene was silly, unnecessary, and entirely avoidable IF the “fella” had not attempted to justify his murdering of the 12 trainee as revenge for another’s actions. Could he have faced her, face to face and said…My revenge of doing the same thing to you that you did to me was not enough, I need to see blood, and killed her, yes. Like I said before, I don’t blame or begrudge anyone his or her anger.

There were a lot of mistakes made that night. I will admit to mine. It was too easy to fall into the fun of the whole thing and not think about how my actions could be affecting others. Call me a Punk if you will, I am not one, and neither are any of my friends who were involved that night, they are all good people who do not spend a lot of time and/or energy “dueling” or fighting other characters. If we were true “punks” we would have added a few chapters to this WAY too long story and invited a couple of our “ancient” friends to jump in when we saw that we were doomed. One was sitting right outside the gate at a table waiting to assist us, we CHOSE not to much as they wanted to help, and accepted an ending and responsibility for our part of the events. Just take a minute to see how the whole thing developed and the details that were omitted to see the whole picture.

Airveil (I ain’t no stinkin’ Punkette)

Kitsun
10-28-2003, 02:31 AM
That is one crazy story...but it does seem to make more sense from Airveil's perspective. I'm guessing that the fella in question got slugged many, many times over a long period of time to get that irrate over the whole situation.

I'm actually surprised a bug like that hadn't been noticed sooner.

Morstanya
10-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Sorry Airveil, I was a bit loose with the term punk and lumping everyone as a group with that term. I'm aware of all the people involved that you did handle yourself best. I'm glad you took the time to go into the details of that evening because it did fill in some gaps. I'm aware that Fella can be a mess at times and I wouldn't exactly call us friends, it's just that I've known him off and on since I was new to GS.

You have a good attitude about dealing with the ramifications of what went on that night. Hopefully everyone learned a lesson about playing with a bug. I've seen that cause some pretty big problems before and I've also seen someone get a serious punishment for a particular incident. If you are agreeable to it I'd like to sit down at a table sometime and talk about some of this.

Morstanya, Witch

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-28-2003, 08:30 AM
You abused a bug and get in a fight over it. Big freaking deal. I hope they ban everyone involved.

Bunch of pussies sitting at a table harassing people. Falls EXACTLY into Tayre's MO. Why am I not surprised you did it?

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 08:31 AM
Stay will not forget it. Oh, and I can kill your pure ass if I like.

DCSL
10-28-2003, 10:18 AM
I don't think this falls under playing around and going too far as Airveil terms it. It's bug abuse plain and simple and you can't possibly tell me you didn't know it. And yet what happened? You kept doing it. You went through your friends and highlights list and did it some more. Any reporting of the bug? Apparently not.

Everyone who knowingly abused this bug (and everyone after the first mislanded punch knew it after) should at least suffer a lockout for a couple of weeks. Terribly OOC, all of this.

StrayRogue
10-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Totally agree Dex. It highlights the maturity of some of the players in question.

Edaarin
10-28-2003, 10:50 AM
I owe Tayre 3 stuns while he's hunting. There was more than that, but apparently they can be dodged.

Warriorbird
11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
:lets abuse bugs to annoy people because it is so cool!:

Damn. Pathetic.

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by Warriorbird]

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by Warriorbird]

GuildRat
11-06-2003, 11:34 AM
TSC-

wtf?

Tayre tried to drag you, but your group status is closed. Type "GROUP OPEN" to permit him to drag you.

Get life numb-nutz.

Trinitis
11-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Yep, I goofed around with the bug. I did nail a few people..mostly people I see as friends (in-game and out of game.) I ment no harm by it, honestly. I did my best to locate each peson before I hit 'em, to make sure they where not hunting.

As for no reports..I was the one who actually got the tavern closed down, so Yes, I reported, multiple times..and when the GM's did not respond in a timely matter, I simply clobbered one (Ysbail) and she came down and closed the tavern asap ;)

-Adredrin

Drew2
11-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by GuildRat
TSC-

wtf?

Tayre tried to drag you, but your group status is closed. Type "GROUP OPEN" to permit him to drag you.

Get life numb-nutz.

That makes no sense and it's completely unrelated to the topic, but thanks for sharing.

GuildRat
11-06-2003, 12:35 PM
No, but it fits in with you being an attention starved moron.

Drew2
11-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Or, you need to seek Peam. He's good at discovering sticks. He can help you get rid of yours.

GuildRat
11-06-2003, 12:39 PM
I'd say that's clever, if you'd actually thought of it yourself.

Drew2
11-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I see we've reached the peak of your wit. I guess this conversation is over. Thanks for stopping by.

GuildRat
11-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Heh, I'll pull the stick out of ass if you let me shove the shitty end in your eye....deal?