PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Summer Spectacular

firegirl
07-11-2006, 11:42 AM
As you know there is a special trial offer for Platinum going on for the summer.
To date, we have had something going on in town in the form of a Storyline (A new shadow story has erupted), merchants or just plain fun.

below are some posts to show al the action...

Platinum Summer Nights hasn't even hit yet, which is going to be just insane, but over the past 3 days here's a little glimpse at what we've seen..

Sunday - A sock merchant, and another merchant (anyone recall? I wasn't there)

Monday - A sock merchant (He's a blast, even if he just does socks, and refuses to make me a sock puppet, The Magnificent Meldunt!)
A bankbook/manifest merchant
A giant black ant/greater spider invasion for the new folks
A troll overlord (troll king, basically)/hill troll/cave troll/war troll invasion for everyone.

Tuesday - So far today, the trolls came back in 4 waves. The whole town had a blast running around finding stray hill trolls hidden all over town while the stronger characters fought the overlords near the park.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yeah! I can't believe I forgot last nights event! Sinden ran an AWESOME event that basically started with a child in the park finding something and then BLAM imploding. We find out a half-krolvin was trying to sell "Happy Amulets" around town of dark glass crystal. We found some crates at the north dock, and the Captain of the Silver's Promise. We interrogated him and then the Watchman came and locked him up, but he gave us some info that the krolvin in River's Rest were sending them here. We went there, and fought for a long time. One brigand escaped with a box and hid it, then fled. Sooooo it may be over, it may not be..

Bespina (a hair alterer) and Desian (general alterer) also stopped by today. Bespina around 2ish, and Desian at about 4:30.

Platinum Summer Nights/Spectacular/Saggy Pants Blow-Out!

Rumors are swirling that the less-than-demure crew of the Albatross Riverboat will be docking this coming weekend in Wehnimer's Landing. The Albatross will be open for gambling (including several gambling favorites and darts), shopping, and drinking. Several merchants are rumored to be appearing over the weekend as well, offering an array of services.

So, belly up to a Dragonbones table, light yourself a cigar, get your whiskey shots ready and make sure you dont leave without a tattoo! The Albatross is coming! The Albatross is coming!

Platinum Summer Spectacular- Niiman auctions.

Lirion showed up in the park yesterday to raffle off a couple of items:

Vultite Hook Knife-4x Very heavily crit weighted went for 15000 coins.

Felicor Dueling Gauntlets-Adds to ranks of brawl and are spiked with ubernifty scripts of goodness went for 300000.

Lirion also mentioned that he would be playing a game of brutality for premium points soon.

If you have been thinking bout trying out the free trial and have hesitated so far..stop hesitating as its still not too late to jump in and get an auction quality item at a great price or in a raffle! Workshops, custom homes, and much more uberness still to come.

Three items were auctioned off tonight:

Kittiara (50k) a wide silver band set with a green garnet in a large setting (makes balls of flame that one can manipulate in various ways - a heavily scripted neato toy)

Artz (75k) a chocolate sueded-covered tome crested with a single mining pick (herblore tome for Zul Logoth)

Jaired (500k) a brilliantly bejeweled ora broadsword (gem eating broadsword - 3x and can be powered different with different gems set in its pommel)

Nice cheap prices...not too late to get involved.

Last night Scnark raffled off 10 message birds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xpost from the plat boards:

As part of the fun for our Platinum Summer Spectacular, there is a new crop of "real" gems out there to find. Gems have been hidden all over -- in towns, in the wilds, in far off places and perhaps even right under your nose -- happy hunting!

For those of you unfamiliar with real gems, type GEM in game for additional information.

Ysbail
GS4-Ysbail@play.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lirions Shenanigans

Highly edited log here.

Announcement: Due to Myke and Brinret, tonight's auction is cancelled. I suggest killing on sight.

Announcement: However, if their corpses are stacked on top of each other (though on opposite ends), we shall relent and sell off two items. Needs to be done within five minutes in Town Square.

Lord Myke just arrived.
>Myke lets out a cheer!
>l[Town Square Central]
This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Krystic disk and some lacy stone benches with some stuff on it.
Also here: Lord Myke, Brigit
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest

>hold mykeYou reach out and hold Myke's hand.
>You hear a roaring coming from somewhere close!
>'lets off ya!You exclaim, "Lets off ya!"
>Raidek ponders.
>Myke says, "Eep."

>Myke says, "Oh nuts."
>prep 409You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Blast...
Your spell is ready.
>cast mykYou gesture at Myke.
CS: +391 - TD: +135 + CvA: -8 + d100: +6 - -5 == +259
Warding failed!
... 45 points of damage!
Every bone in the right arm shattered and scattered about!
He is stunned!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

prep 409You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Blast...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +391 - TD: +135 + CvA: -8 + d100: +94 - -5 == +347
Warding failed!
... 45 points of damage!
Left leg collapses as the bones turn to dust!
Myke screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!

prep 409>You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Blast...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +391 - TD: +135 + CvA: -8 + d100: +8 - -5 == +261
Warding failed!
... 45 points of damage!
Every bone in the left arm shattered and scattered about!
>groanYou groan.
>tak dagMyke beseeches his deity for some divine assistance.
>You quickly remove a lapis-hilted silver vultite dagger from one of the slits in your leather dagger harness, brandishing it high for all to see.
>Myke says, "Ha."
>hideMyke snickers.
>Roundtime: 2 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

>amb myke...wait 1 seconds.
>amb mykeamb myke...wait 1 seconds.
>amb myke...wait 1 seconds.
>You leap from hiding to attack!
You swing a lapis-hilted silver vultite dagger at Myke!
AS: +481 vs DS: +17 with AvD: +2 + d100 roll: +70 = +536
... and hit for 69 points of damage!
Incredible shot to the eye penetrates deep into skull!

* Myke drops dead at your feet!

The brilliant luminescence fades from around Myke.
Myke becomes solid again.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
> * Myke just bit the dust!
>cheerYou let out a cheer!

You hear the faint thoughts of Talric echo in your mind:
"One down!"
You hear the faint thoughts of Askelon echo in your mind:
"Whoa"
drag myke roYou grab Myke and drag his body with you...

drag myke seYou grab Myke's body and drag it southeast with you...

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]
Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a large piece of parchment and a Wayside Inn.
Also here: the body of Lord Myke who is lying down, Brigit, Lord Brinret who is sleeping, Fink, Ero
Obvious paths: north, east, southwest, northwest
Roundtime: 3 sec.

>Brinret snores quietly.
>Ero looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Ero engages Brinret in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Brinret is awakened by Ero's attack!
Ero swings a bone-hilted white vultite khopesh at Brinret! A hit!
Right hip pulped, severing the leg.
He is stunned!
Ero swings a bone-hilted black vultite khopesh at Brinret! A hit!
Weak diagonal slash catches Brinret's left knee!
It is dislocated.

* Brinret drops dead at your feet!

>You hear the faint thoughts of Deetles echo in your mind:
"ok!"
* Brinret just bit the dust!
>Fink merrily exclaims, "Hya!"
>cheer eroYou turn to Ero and cheer!

>An unsettling groan comes from the spirit of Brinret.
>Ero shakes Fink's hand enthusiastically.
>Ero blushes a lovely shade of pale pink.
>cman surgeYou focus deep within yourself, searching for untapped sources of strength.
You feel incredibly stronger.
>Fink merrily exclaims, "Thanks, Ero!"
>You hear the faint thoughts of Kyll echo in your mind:
"well there we go then"
Fink merrily says, "Yer ok."
>Vro just arrived.
>drag myke gatYou hear the faint thoughts of Talric echo in your mind:
"Perfect!"
>You grab Myke and drag his body with you...

>drag myke swYou grab Myke's body and drag it southwest with you...

[Town Square Central]
This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the yellow Askelon disk, a sleek raven that is flying around, the Xavyer disk and some lacy stone benches with some stuff on it.
Also here: the body of Lord Myke who is lying down, Vro, Brigit, Kyll, Deetles, Raidek, Xavyer, Geovani
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest
>Brigit gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

>Fink just arrived, dragging the body of Brinret with him.
>Brigit tucks her hand into the crook of your arm as she moves next to you.

>Brigit gently taps her witchwood runestaff, and the black asp coiled around it hisses as it hurriedly slithers down the length of it in a tight spiral. Just as quickly, it turns and slinks back to its original position.
>Yrsa blinks.
>An unsettling groan comes from the spirit of Brinret.
>Xavyer's jaw drops.
>(Fink drag Brinret's body on top of Mykes.)
>Yrsa takes a moment to observe Brinret.
>Fink wipes the sweat from his brow.
>Sigmarl grins.
>Fink merrily exclaims, "Ok!"
>Xavyer grins at Fink.
>Odrim's body is wracked by a sudden fit of convulsions!
>Talric nods to Fink.
>Odrim winces.
>You receive a firm handshake from Fink.
Fink slings a rolaren tower shield painted with a gigantic yellow 'F' surrounded by a bright yellow circle on a field of pink over his shoulder.
>act fixes them just so.(Krystic fixes them just so.)
>Deetles just went southwest.
>The ghostly voice of Brinret says, "Yer all aweful, aweful I tell ye."
>shak hand with finkYou give Fink a firm handshake.
agree brinYou hear very soft footsteps.
>You agree with Brinret.
>Irinity rubs Brinret.
>Khajor just arrived.
>Skeyelar spins her vultite meat cleaver around her right forearm, then passes it to her left without grasping it or stopping the spin, then passes it back to her right arm. Each spin causing a crisp "whoosh," Skeyelar brings it back to bear in her right hand.
>A moor jackal trots in and looks up at Arbogast dutifully.
>Brigit says, "Nicely done."
>Talric says, "It's all for a good cause."
>Irinity says, "At least you both made a sacrifice for the great good, its wonderful manners."
>The ghostly voice of Brinret says, "Jus look tae the Warders tae make the sacrifice."
>Yrsa says, "Any healers? Not for them. For me."

Announcement: Due to their deaths, and their subsequent loving on each other as they are stacked, packed, and racked, a Platinum Summer Spectacular Auction for 2 items with open in 2 minutes Town Central, Icemule.

Announcement: Kidding, Landing.

Hehe, good times last night...er this morning? whichever.

Skeeter
07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
wow, all 25 people that play plat were in the same room at the same time.

StrayRogue
07-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I imagine Jay got most the items too.

There's nothing like pissing away all the effort you put into Prime just to start Plat.

Snapp
07-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I gave it a try.. just didn't float my boat. All the events in the world won't help that.

There's nothing like pissing away all the effort you put into Prime just to start Plat.
That'd be why.

Fission
07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
It could be very tempting for the 'have-nots' in Gem prime, though, and it looks like that's exactly what they're targeting, what with pushing out Foehn's Promise items, Simucon birds, etc.

Satira
07-11-2006, 12:37 PM
So far I've been enjoying it. But, as far as the "Plat's RP is superior to prime's RP" statement that I hear all the time, I'm not seeing that at all.

Skeeter
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
So far I've been enjoying it. But, as far as the "Plat's RP is superior to prime's RP" statement that I hear all the time, I'm not seeing that at all.

You have to MA to RP otherwise you're by yourself 95% of the time.

The Ponzzz
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I joined Plat about 2 months ago. While the RP is NOTHING to brag about over here, most if not all of it is very very childish and I did have better RP with folks in prime, the game itself is a lot better. Quests are aimed for mid level characters(15-40), merchants are not sucking up any of your time and you rarely walk away empty handed and high end items are easy to aquire if you put some effort into it.

Personally I love it, but, it's not for everyone...

Artha
07-11-2006, 03:06 PM
So you have all these awesome items and a totally personalized character, but nobody sees it 95% of the time? That's an expensive way to masturbate.

StrayRogue
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Half the fun of having uber items is because not everyone else does. It's something that some generic peon will see and go Oooooo at in the town centre.

The Ponzzz
07-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, there are always about 10 people in the landing sitting around in the park, near the well. With the PSS trials there is close to 100 people on during evening hours. Granted it is true that many MA, I would say only 25% of the people do. And most people know who's who because they tell them.

And not everyone has the best stuff, because like prime, there are 2-3 people who horde everything into a locker, so I hear. I managed to grab a bandolier, a Kadah bola and a Simu Message Bird, but people who been playing for years still have nothing great. I just play the merchant game like I do in prime, and have a lot of prime gear I can trade if I wanted to...

But I don't play GS to play with a lot of people, so I don't care if 95% of the people are somewhere else....

StrayRogue
07-11-2006, 03:56 PM
merchants are not sucking up any of your time and you rarely walk away empty handed and high end items are easy to aquire if you put some effort into it.

Personally I love it, but, it's not for everyone...

So this isn't true then?

The Ponzzz
07-11-2006, 04:25 PM
It's not hard to aquire them if you ask though. You need the cash to get them, and items that sell for 50-100 mil in prime go for about 90% less in plat...

So it's not HARD to get high end items, there are a few who horde them in lockers...

StrayRogue
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Is sorrow in use over there?

The Ponzzz
07-11-2006, 05:05 PM
No clue man. I don't think so

Jolena
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I've had a fantastic time in Plat, personally. There is an average of 25-45 people on during the late afternoon/evenings, with it dwindling to around 20 late at night, sometimes 15. I have seen close to 100 on during certain events and raffles, and as has been mentioned, some of those are MA'ers, but definitely not the majority.

The thing I enjoy about Plat is that because there is such a small community, it is much easier to get to know everyone to some extent and their RP as well. While I realize that some here have said the RP is not that great, I personally have had a great deal of fun with the RP in Plat. No, not everyone is the definition of 'stellar roleplay' by any means, but every single person I've seen and interacted with is roleplaying to some extent. I enjoy that. It opens up doors for more extensive RP and that is personally why I play the game. That, actually, is what will keep me from cancelling my trial when its done. I truly like the atmosphere.

As to items, it has amazed me at how cheaply the items are going for compared to Prime. The unique, and interesting, thing to me is that these items aren't going to be sold back and forth a great deal of times because most people keep them to use for themselves or RP. There is some trading that is done and I don't think thats detrimental to the environment at all, personally. In Plat, people don't seem to be too terribly worried over who has what or how many coins they have, like they do in Prime, and that's refreshing to me as well. Now, some might label me as a 'have-not' in Prime, but I really enjoy being able to actually see first-hand, use, and incorporate those neat items into my RP for my character.

As for the comments about having a neat, completely personalized character that noone sees 95% of the time, I just have to disagree. While there are times that very few people are around everywhere you go, due to being spread out amongst the towns, its not often that I can't walk into certain gathering spots and find at least 4-5 if not 10 or so people hanging out. I don't need to have 100 people in a gathering spot to feel that I'm having fun or 'being seen'. I enjoy knowing that the people I will run into are well-thought out, rp'd characters who know something about my character already and we can expand upon it. :shrug:

Just my long-winded 2 cents. Yay Plat. :D

Zanagodly
07-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Sorrow is in fact owned by Nishima.

Skeeter
07-12-2006, 03:02 PM
only problem is Jolena. of the 5 people hanging out in the park, 4 of them are AFK, and the other won't talk to you because you're not in his clique.

Glad you like it though.

Jacare
07-12-2006, 03:12 PM
only problem is Jolena. of the 5 people hanging out in the park, 4 of them are AFK, and the other won't talk to you because you're not in his clique.

I'm not sure when you played Plat, if ever, but in my two years or so being there I haven't found the above to be true at all. Maybe your experience was different.

Public AFK is exceedingly rare, and I can only think of one time it happened since I've been in Plat. Of course you're always going to have a few people who prefer to stick to themselves and do their own thing. But on the whole, people in Plat are FAR more inclusive than people in Prime. It's not even close. As far as "cliques" or "blacklisting", give me a fucking break.

Jolena
07-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Glad you like it though.

I've never found anyone just sitting afk in the park, and that's just being honest. It seems to be frowned upon and if someone needs to go afk, they are normally at a table doing so.

As to the clique, I've not noticed it though I'm sure there are some present, as that's the nature of humans. For the most part, I've had at least some type of interaction with about 80% of plat's population that I've physically seen while playing my character.

I think perhaps things have changed since you played Plat last.

Skeeter
07-12-2006, 04:10 PM
It has been a few years since I played. I found it exceedinly boring wandering around essentially a ghost town. During prime time there were on a good night 15 ppl in the lands.

Also starting over from scratch was exceedingly depressing.

if there was ever anyone in the park they were almost always afk. pop up, spell, and go hunt. Certainly seems like script hunting would be easy in Plat, since the gms rely on the players to police it, and you could hunt for hours without seeing another person.

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
We get the idea, you didn't have fun in Plat. Quit bitching. 90% of these posts are primates saying the same 3 things that THEY perceive to be a fact about Platinum. The thread was made by someone wishing to display the cool things going on. Quit flaming Plat and let the players enjoy what's going on. God forbid people make decisions for themselves on what looks like fun.

You're the jackasses that step in everytime someone says "I wish I owned a monkey", to say "No no, that's not true. A monkey is a huge responsibility and they require constant attention and diapers or they'll poop everywhere", meanwhile Person 1 is thinking "Who the fuck cares? It's still A MONKEY."

I've got oodles of uber shit in Plat, and I have no shortage of opportunities to enjoy their usage, and even show them off. Plat isn't the wasteland you think it is, or much less used to be.

If you didn't find RP, maybe you or your character were just boring, or lame. The fault doesn't always lie in the world around you for something not meeting expectations. And no, I understand Plat isn't for everyone, but the constant flaming over the same 3 perceived problems? Go masturbate, at least then the repetitive gesture might be fruitful.

Some people LIKE Plat's low population. And as for RP, you choose your own level of involvement. Mario/Dhask for example, I haven't really seen RP that much (despite being a good guy, and a welcome addition to Plat), so it's no wonder he only sees the childish/random small park RP. Again, not a rip on him, It's just what I've seen, and to be fair, I'm around alot. I see alot of Level/Gear development with Dhask but honestly I couldn't tell you 2 things about who he is. Whereas I can say the opposite for many of the other new arrivals. It seems to go one of two ways, and at least nowadays there aren't really the 'cliqus' to worry about, short of the Volners/Warders, and that's for an obvious reason (dirty Luukosian spies everywhere).

If anyone wants any constructive options for turning perceived Plat negatives into positives, hell, IM me. My SN is Phantasm Meum. I'll be glad to help you iron out the perceived kinks. Not enough RP? We can fix that. Crappy gear or not finding crowds or managing to get into Storylines? Easily fixed too.

Gemstone Neo-Platinum!

.. well, maybe not, but it's alot better than the flamers are making it out to be.

Numbers
07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
How's the air up there on that high horse of yours?

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Fresh and clear. How's the air back there at the horses ass?

firegirl
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Everyone has a right to their opinion and as Skeeter said, it has been a few years and he is most likely right that it was like that a few years ago.. face it, Plat was not perfect then, not perfect now but just right for who ever enjoys it the way it is.

Don't let one high-horse post stop people from just discussing or sharing their opinions, views, negatives or positives experiences of plat in a constructive adult manner.

Artha
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
90% of these posts are primates saying the same 3 things that THEY perceive to be a fact about Platinum.
The bottom end of your post wasn't bad, why'd you have to go and ruin it with this stupid sense of elitism?

Numbers
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Fresh and clear. How's the air back there at the horses ass?

Thanks for proving my point.

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Why the elitism? Because I'm sick of the idiots that post that shit like THEY are too good for Plat. They post the same crap that has little to no basis anymore, and ignore any claims to the contrary as if they're still even apart of Plat. And more to the point, I don't give a shit what people think of me, it's Plat I was defending. I *know* I'm a prick, I don't really care about that. I do consider myself better than a healthy chunk of Prime, and alot worse than another chunk of it. I play both Prime and Plat. I have characters I love in both, and awesome RP circles in both, and the fact is, alot of the people running their mouth, shouldn't be. They aren't God's gifts to Gemstone they're just idiots trolling the boards looking to rain shit on an informative and useful thread.

So all that aside, all my 'elitism' or other traits that inspire jerking off hand gestures, if you haven't played Plat recently, don't claim it is one way or another. In mechanics alone with the release of bounty hunting things and interaction has picked up a great deal. Tons of people working together or just hanging out to trade gems or whatever. Things are different, so save the ignorant flaming of Plat for another thread.

Skeeter
07-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Morons like you are another reason I avoid things like plat. you throw a whiney cry baby tantrum if someone has a different opinion as you. People were sharing their experiences in plat, I shared mine.

Since you didn't feel my opinion reflected your experience, you raced to your highhorse in an effort to reach new levels of jackassery. Mission accomplished. If I hurt your precious little feelings by insulting a small niche of a game that you clearly have dedicated too much of your life too. Big fucking deal. Grow the fuck up. It's great that you think you're better than "a healthy chunk of prime" I'm sure you can hang your hat on that. Better yet you should brag to your e-girlfriends how "1337" you are while you sit at home stroking it into a tissue.

Since I've been sharing my experiences and opinions in this thread, I'll share one more. I think you and your elitist bullshit attitude can happily go fuck off. I will continue to say what I feel about plat and you can go eat a dick. (non-fatally)

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Since I've been sharing my experiences and opinions in this thread, I'll share one more. I think you and your elitist bullshit attitude can happily go fuck off. I will continue to say what I feel about plat and you can go eat a dick. (non-fatally)

Glad I got the desired reaction out of King Kong Prime. You're the fucking retard who's been championing the aforementioned "same 3 reasons" in this thread. A douchebag with no life to live outside of trolling message boards and trying to make everyone else as unhappy with the game as you are with your shitty little life. By all means go ahead and type out some more ignorant BS about Plat as fast as your fat little cheeto-stained fingers can mash buttons on your ho-ho crumb covered keyboard. Plat wasn't what you wanted so you gotta shit on the people who aren't retarded and managed to find a niche in it. Congrats, you couldn't make any friends, It's unsuprising you'd be so bitter about a game that so effectively mirrors your real life. Plat hit a nerve, eh basement-dweller? Have mom fry you up a hot pocket and shut the fuck up.

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 06:32 PM
And given the extent of my posts were in response to your whiny bitching about how Plat wasn't fun for you, and how it sucks so damn much because 5 years ago you tried gaming during your period, I'll go right on jumping in to defend the game. I have a great time playing it, and people should give it a shot and see for themselves rather than taking your bitter-ass word for it. Christ what a fucking moron. Go troll the market threads for some items you have a bad opinion of and don't think should be sold. Someone there might give a shit.

Jacare
07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
People were sharing their experiences in plat, I shared mine.

In fairness, you were attempting to speak authoritatively on a subject about which you have no factual information. Plat isn't for everyone, and if you didn't dig it that's fine. But whatever your experience was "years" ago really doesn't qualify you to make blanket statements about the current climate of the instance.

While I don't agree with GoingGone's approach to defending Plat, it does seem like some folks are hell-bent on flaming Plat regardless of the facts. If the instance sucks as bad as you say it does, people can find out themselves (for free) and never return.

Skeeter
07-12-2006, 06:55 PM
You really are fucking clueless. Want to know why I quit plat? Same reason I quit prime. the game is FUCKING BORING. At least in prime you have someone to talk to. I'm sure you have trouble understanding that in your endless quest to obtain UBR LEEWTS and brag to your AIM friends how cool your new sword of throbbing darkness is.

You are the same fuckstain douchebag that MA's constantly and gets off on how epic your are, as you play your multiple chars. If you're going to spend $100 to masterbate at least buy a doll.

Basic human interaction is something you can't quite grasp isn't it champ? Wash that greasy hair, change those sweatpants and see if you can find a clean shirt. If you accomplish those tasks without diving for the asthma inhaler we'll work on the next step, actually turning off the cpu and going outside. I know I know... it's a scary concept leaving your imaginary world, I mean damn.. who will stroke your epeen?

So go ahead jr. stomp around making all that noise defending your overpriced underpopulated game. You and the other 15 people that make up the player base can have a good cheer. To the rest of us, you just look rediculous.

Jacare
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM
To the rest of us, you just look rediculous.

The irony. I love it.

Zanagodly
07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Uh everyone shut the fuck up. Nice.

Skeeter
07-12-2006, 07:02 PM
In fairness, you were attempting to speak authoritatively on a subject about which you have no factual information. Plat isn't for everyone, and if you didn't dig it that's fine. But whatever your experience was "years" ago really doesn't qualify you to make blanket statements about the current climate of the instance.

While I don't agree with GoingGone's approach to defending Plat, it does seem like some folks are hell-bent on flaming Plat regardless of the facts. If the instance sucks as bad as you say it does, people can find out themselves (for free) and never return.

I think you should go back and re-read my posts. They all constituted the same thing. Plat has a small player base, and when I played I had trouble finding someone to interact with. If that's not the case now, fantastic. I even told Jolena that I was glad she was finding enjoyment in it. I would hardly call that flaming. When captain Assclown starts throwing personal insults around I get a little more defensive.

I realize there is a free trial now, but otherwise people should see both sides of the plat experience, GS is already rediculously overpriced, throwing another $10/month at them shouldn't be taken lightly.

War Angel
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Plat definitely isn't for everyone. That being said, I understand GoingGone's attitude about things. There are several people in Plat that have been around before the "3 months free" perk who have stuck it out through higher prices, lack of GM interest and low population. They have worked hard to make Plat a close knit community with people who choose to involve themselves. To have people who haven't given Plat more than a month or so chance, badmouth a community they put so much effort into, can be irritating.

Is there a HUGE amount of PROs? No. With the lower player base, there are a few. The RP is there, you just have to know where to look. If you go sit in TSC, you're missing it. If you don't read the calendar, or the forums, you WILL miss the RP opportunities put forth by people who want to involve the newcomers, and get to know them. I haven't ever felt excluded from anything in Plat. I am admittedly, a nobody in both Prime and Plat, but that hasn't stopped people from extending their character's hand and allowing me a chance to step up and be involved.

The MA people ... If they are paying the extra money for the account's, they are just entitled as the next guy to win a raffle or auction. The same people who "horde" things in their locker would most likely give some of the things they had away to people who stuck around for more than a free trial.

I like Plat. A lot. I like the people, I like the storylines, I like the solitude sometimes. Being able to identify one trait of 85% of the characters you come across is fun for me. In the sea of faces that is Prime, I felt I never got to know anyone, and that killed the fun for me.

I don't miss the selling net in Prime. I know if I need something, chances are I can ask for it on the forum, and someone will offer it, or something similar to me for free. Plat has a very generous population, just show up to an event as a newcomer, and watch how the community makes sure that you have what you need.

Give Plat a try, but look past the low population. Look past the fact you have to follow the RP wherever it goes. Step into your character and BE that character, not the player.

Step forward with open arms, and the Plat community will embrace you. Fold your arms and wait for people to fall all over themselves trying to get close to you, and chances are, at the end of your 30 day trial, you will still be standing in TSC, arms folded, wondering where the RP is.

Stunseed
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Man, the who can show their e-peen contest is reaching new heights.

For me personally, I've played Gemstone way too long. I've had a main character for over six years now in Prime, and I still love playing that character very much so. When the Plat trials came out, I decided to create a new character with a total different background, new racial standards, the whole nine yards. In Prime, I play a human hero-ish type of guy, who is richer than 90% of the player population. In Plat, well, I'm a dark elf slave owner, exiled from his great house in search of a worthy challenge to reclaim his rightful place, and I tell you, in Plat, NOBODY likes my character.

The fact that in Plat I don't have to worry about the shops, the silvers, the reputation, is actually a refreshing change. When Plat was free trialed before, I thought starting over would ruin my enjoyment of the game, but I am honestly surprised at the feeling of community. Within two weeks of being in Plat, I was gifted nearly 250k, and in an auction, I actually PROFITTED 170k and purchased two 4x flaring blunt weapons and a set of pyrothag brigandine armor ( 5x, swcp ).

In both Plat and Prime, I don't need 10 people and a clique to enjoy the game, but I do need interaction. In my current work schedule I don't get off til midnight EST, and by the time I sit down to play GS, it's nearly 2am, and there are still people to interact with. For me, I can log into Plat or Prime and still enjoy my time in the game, but I can't lie and say that Plat is worthless, in fact, it is very much like what I remember when I first started playing.

Two cents.

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
By now it's abundantly obvious that Skeeter's just a little prick who's got a distaste for Gemstone entirely, and couldn't hack it in Plat regardless. His blanket statements flaming Plat, wether it be for Price or whatever, are out-dated and generic. Spit whatever insults you got, it doesn't change the fact you were spouting ignorant and out-dated facts about a game you don't know shit. And Yeah. I've got MA's, and I don't have a problem with the price, just because I'm not broke and don't have a problem paying for Platinum doesn't make it any less credible, just means you're a sucker who can't get a decent job. And if you think it's all I spend my money on, because I know that's all your narrow little jizz-saturated head can manage to think, you're wrong (yet again). There's alot of Plat players with multiple accounts, because a) some of us can afford it, and b) some of us like playing characters that dont depend on others, or hunt areas where others can't always conveniently get to us so we make our own healers, etc.

You just sound like some little bitch that played an online game he couldn't get ahead in, got bitter to the world because nobody wanted to RP with or socialize with him, so he quit, and now spends his pathetic lonely days on the Message boards for the game he seems to be so bitter over, flaming the players. Go outside, nerd. That hot thing in the sky is the sun. Pay tribute to it in hostess snack cakes and maybe your bleach white skin won't ignite instantly underneath it.

GoingGone
07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
And yeah, Stunseed's character is a dick. But, he's a welcome addition to Plat, even if my character wants to kick his teeth in on principle. ha. It says alot that he has anything good to say about Plat, for someone who used to flame it, like that tool that won't shut up, Skeeter

Artha
07-12-2006, 07:58 PM
like that tool that won't shut up, Skeeter
The irony. I love it.

Jacare
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM
The irony. I love it.

Heh. Well played, sir.

Jolena
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Personally, I don't believe that James ever 'flamed' Plat but instead stated that he'd loathe to give up all that he worked for in Prime and start over in Plat. That, and with such a small community, no offense but there are quite a bit of rumors going around that one or two people can really and truly ruin the enjoyment of the instance for someone. With this small of a player base (30-50 on average), there are groups of 10-15 that hang out in each area consistently, and if one or two of those people want to make things difficult for you, then it is very feasible to do so.

That, actually, is what many of us, including myself and James, were concerned about when trying Platinum. Also, the starting over part was a bit awkward, but to be honest, just as James stated, it was a nice change and made us feel the same way we did when we started the game. Everything was new, it was fun to explore, and as a bonus, we didn't have to deal with not knowing the mechanics, verbs and directions around the area.

Hope that clears it up some.

StrayRogue
07-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Wow, you're an idiot. I'm glad you don't play Prime.

But yeah, I agree Skeeter is a retard.

StrayRogue
07-13-2006, 02:44 AM
As for my experience with Plat: boring.

Part of the allure of GS way back when was the sheer amount of people milling around. You felt part of something bigger and not just part of a cliquey MUD where everybody helps each other masterbate over their l33t RP.

When I go to a strange place IRL I don't know anybody usually. Hell when I walk down the high street I don't know 99.99% of the people. This is reflected in Prime. It isn't in Plat.

Jacare
07-13-2006, 07:40 AM
As for my experience with Plat: boring.

That's fair enough. Plat can be boring at times. A while ago we were "between" gurus so just about everything slowed to a crawl. I should mention that during that time Firegirl wrote up and initiated her own storyline that had participation from just about everyone in Plat to some degree. Maybe that happens in Prime as well, but I've never seen it.

Also Plat can be a ghost town if you happen to play at odd hours. That's understandable since the price precludes almost everyone except people who work. Oh well.

You felt part of something bigger and not just part of a cliquey MUD where everybody helps each other masterbate over their l33t RP.

See, that's just hilarious. I played in Prime for about 8 years before going to Plat and Prime is far more cliquish than Plat. Many times over. It's kind of stupid to be hyper-exclusive when there's 50 people around.

As for Plat being a mutual admiration club where everyone helps each other "masterbate" over l33t RP, that's simply not true. Despite what you might read here, I've never seen anyone in Plat claim that the instance is full of world class RPers. What we do claim, and what is true, is that everyone at least makes a fucking attempt at remaining in-character.

I'm not the kind of person that is going to write some 50 page hack novella as a history for my character. Frankly, I get really uncomfortable when people go overboard on their RP or start doing melodramatic thespian shit with the ACT verb. By the same token, the constant and ubiquitous OOC in Prime sucks shit.

Sean of the Thread
07-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Personally, I don't believe that James ever 'flamed' Plat but instead stated that he'd loathe to give up all that he worked for in Prime and start over in Plat. That, and with such a small community, no offense but there are quite a bit of rumors going around that one or two people can really and truly ruin the enjoyment of the instance for someone. With this small of a player base (30-50 on average), there are groups of 10-15 that hang out in each area consistently, and if one or two of those people want to make things difficult for you, then it is very feasible to do so.

That, actually, is what many of us, including myself and James, were concerned about when trying Platinum. Also, the starting over part was a bit awkward, but to be honest, just as James stated, it was a nice change and made us feel the same way we did when we started the game. Everything was new, it was fun to explore, and as a bonus, we didn't have to deal with not knowing the mechanics, verbs and directions around the area.

Hope that clears it up some.

Does James ever speak for himself??

Sean of the Thread
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Glad I got the desired reaction out of King Kong Prime. You're the fucking retard who's been championing the aforementioned "same 3 reasons" in this thread. A douchebag with no life to live outside of trolling message boards and trying to make everyone else as unhappy with the game as you are with your shitty little life. By all means go ahead and type out some more ignorant BS about Plat as fast as your fat little cheeto-stained fingers can mash buttons on your ho-ho crumb covered keyboard. Plat wasn't what you wanted so you gotta shit on the people who aren't retarded and managed to find a niche in it. Congrats, you couldn't make any friends, It's unsuprising you'd be so bitter about a game that so effectively mirrors your real life. Plat hit a nerve, eh basement-dweller? Have mom fry you up a hot pocket and shut the fuck up.

Coming from someone who claims to be king of RP in an aged text based mud. Well done.

Aaysia
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Does James ever speak for himself??

I thought he did in post#38

CrystalTears
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Has the game changed so drastically from when Skeeter played that it would totally invalidate his opinion of the game? Why does he have to play NOW for him to have a valid opinion of this game?

When I played, and that was when it opened, it was good for about a few months until people started getting into higher levels and characters were spread out and you were barely around each other as much. It became a ghost town.

I'm sure it's no longer a race to be the first whatever in the game, but I'm sure there is still pressure somewhere, be it items, levels, gear, and roleplaying.

I didn't and still don't like the small number of players. The RP level is not worth playing by yourself the majority of the time, let alone the monthly cost. After a while I became opposed to two separate worlds. Why Plat features couldn't be brought into Prime was beyond me, but to each their own.

Skeeter has just as much right to not like the game as others who like it. You have to hear the good with the bad when reviewing a game. Hear why someone would like prime over plat, or vice versa. Hear how different people deal with the population, changes in how healing is done (where empaths don't sit around waiting for a wound to heal), how travel is done.

Defend the game if you want, but telling people they don't have the right to their opinion only negates your own.

HarmNone
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I think it depends on what you're looking for in a game like GS. Personally, I'd probably prefer the smaller population, were I to consider returning. However, that's not going to be true for everyone. It doesn't mean one person is uber right and the other is uber wrong. It just means people are looking for different things in their entertainment activity.

Jacare
07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Has the game changed so drastically from when Skeeter played that it would totally invalidate his opinion of the game? Why does he have to play NOW for him to have a valid opinion of this game?

I'm certainly not trying to begrudge anyone their opinion on Plat. However, it seemed to me like Skeeter's statments were less opinion than attempted statements of fact:

You have to MA to RP otherwise you're by yourself 95% of the time.
of the 5 people hanging out in the park, 4 of them are AFK, and the other won't talk to you because you're not in his clique.

In my view, yes, you do need some kind of current and relevant experience with something to give an informed (hence valid) opinion on it. However, Skeeter did later clarify that he was speaking of his admittedly dated experience in Plat. I have no problem whatsoever with that.

I'm sure it's no longer a race to be the first whatever in the game, but I'm sure there is still pressure somewhere, be it items, levels, gear, and roleplaying.

Actually that was one of the things I initially loved about Plat. The whole rat-race vibe is toned waaaay down. Of course you still have those few individuals who cap in a year or hit level 30 in about five minutes. The majority of the players, however, are very relaxed about advancement. The average level is Plat is about 30.

As for items, the atmosphere is even more laid back. When someone gets an item they don't personally need, their first instinct isn't "How can I best profit from this?" They will generally give it to someone who needs it or sell it in their trade shop at absurdly cheap prices compared to the same items in Prime. Jay, who takes tons of flak for having "all the items", is amazingly generous... even to people he doesn't necessarily like.

Really the only "pressure" is to not be an OOC mook. That's not really a tall order if you're willing to pay for Plat.

Skirmisher
07-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I thought Skeeter made it clear several times he played for a relatively short time several years ago.

If someone decides to use that as their benchmark whether to try Plat or not you must admit he didnt hide the facts from where his opinion came.

Instead of focussing on him focus on saying why you think Plat is in fact good and worth the cost and make your case as best you can.

Let people read all the opinions and make up their own mind.

I don't really see the problem.

Sean of the Thread
07-13-2006, 11:44 AM
What Skirm said. I played plat very shortly as well.. shortly because it sucked and the cliques were out of control.

I like prime because the hustle and bustle of things that gives it a fun feel. In plat all you see is cliques playing eat the biscuit.

StrayRogue
07-13-2006, 12:28 PM
I like prime because the hustle and bustle of things that gives it a fun feel. In plat all you see is cliques playing eat the biscuit.

Yep, and this is a quality Plat has never, and probably will never have.

But Jacare, ignore Skeeter, Skirm et al. GS prime or plat isn't the only place where retarded little cliques exist, believe me.

Jacare
07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Yep, and this is a quality Plat has never, and probably will never have. But Jacare, ignore Skeeter, Skirm et al. GS prime or plat isn't the only place where retarded little cliques exist, believe me.

Very true on both counts. Outstanding Chong Li avatar, by the way.

Satira
07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
I wish the mirror lady had come in the afternoon rather than morning.

Sean of the Thread
07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Very true on both counts. Outstanding Chong Li avatar, by the way.

Ditto on both.

BOLO 4 EVER!

The Ponzzz
07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Coley you shoulda told me ya wanted one, I ended up getting something real dumb...

StrayRogue
07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8172528807186211804&q=BOLO

The Ponzzz
07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh and during prime time in plat, I been seeing 70-80 players on. Again nothing like prime, but the numbers are getting up there. How many will stay after the trial, who knows...

Wezas
07-13-2006, 01:36 PM
What are the prices again?

$14.95/Basic (+ $2.50/extra char)
$29.95/Premium
$39.95/Platinum

That's off the top of my head, and it's likely eitehr changed or I've gotten numbers mixed up.

Sean of the Thread
07-13-2006, 01:41 PM
premium is 39.95 I thought and Plat is 49.95.

Jacare
07-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Yep, 39.95 and 49.95 repsectively.

Wezas
07-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Christ.

But with a platinum account you get a premium account you can use, right?

If people like Plat a decent amount, I assume most would consider spending an extra $10/mo.

StrayRogue
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Yep. You also get like 30 character slots on Plat.

Wezas
07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
So if you're already paying for premium, it's not that bad (cost-wise) if you enjoy Plat.

But for Prime players, that's more than 3 prime accounts (MAing)

The Ponzzz
07-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Right, 10 bucks isn't anything to get overly upset about... But comparing it to any other MMO makes me kinda sick...

CrystalTears
07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Comparing it to any other online game is kinda sickening.

Some Rogue
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Comparing it to a whore...it's alot cheaper, unless it's the kinda hooker PB goes after.

Oops, wrong topic, hehe.

That Jay
07-16-2006, 03:31 PM
the fact is, alot of the people running their mouth, shouldn't be. They aren't God's gifts to Gemstone they're just idiots

Boomerang!

DUCK!

*BONK*

Too late.

Hips
07-16-2006, 03:44 PM
For what it's worth, I'm enjoying it immensely so far. It's nice having people actually *react* when you talk and RP around them.

Aphyd
07-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Personally, I dig Plat. I gave up my character in prime, and a lot of nice stuff and started over...Not really for any particular reason, I was just wanting to try something new for a while.

In all honesty and truth, the first couple of weeks sucked. I was ready to cancel, people were assholes, etc.

I remember my first character was my "ideal" character...a halfling warrior. I played him to about level 7 or 8. People gave me such a hard time, said they hated cheerful halflings (not bouncy, just cheerful). A few elite characters (Jesh comes to mind), told me that Plat didn't need any players like me, and to get the fuck out (Keep in mind, this was OOC stuff..not Roleplay).

Needless to say I quit my warrior because of the harassment. Finally I made my current character...an Asshole Dark Elf warrior who hates 90% of the people, with a backstory and all that....just so I had an IC reason to be an ass to those who were so rude. I stuck with it for a few months, took about a years break, and came back periodically.

Nowadays..a few years later, i'm getting on up in levels....I'm trying to turn my character around into a "nicer" guy, although he has a reputation now. I really enjoy my character, and love the progress i've made....

...But not a day goes by that I don't wish I still had my original Halfling Warrior.

___________/end ramble___________________

I guess the moral of the story is...Plat is something you kind of have to adapt too, and get in a completely separate mindframe for. If you play it long enough, you might start to like it (no, I don't speak for everyone..just my own experience). I've had my shitty days, and I get bored rather often....but I was bored in Prime too.

All I can say is, give it a shot if you want...a 90 day free trial is prtty sweet. If you like it, good, if you don't...to each their own.

firegirl
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Nowadays..a few years later, i'm getting on up in levels....I'm trying to turn my character around into a "nicer" guy, although he has a reputation now. I really enjoy my character, and love the progress i've made....

you have a rep!??...nooooooooo! not at all!

Aphyd
07-27-2006, 04:27 PM
shaddap :P

Of course not....i'm hardly even known in Plat. I'm a closet player.

Rhaindrop
09-09-2006, 11:00 PM
shaddap :P

Of course not....i'm hardly even known in Plat. I'm a closet player.

That has GOT to be a lonely place.

A closet, in a closet.

thornhappy
09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
LOG ON, MY EMPATH MISSES YOU!!!!!!!!

This means you, Rumdrop.

GoingGone
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Irony: Jay picking that post, to be a smartass about.