PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead/Enchant Questions

Tromp
07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
My ranger finally mastered and i'm curious to know:

Ordinary wooden shaft arrow is 1x
Eblade add 4x for a total of 5x plus a flare

So what would the benefit of adding arrowheads be?

How do you make a 5x blessable arrow that I've read about somewhere?

Any enlightenment on these issues is greatly appreciated.

GuildRat
07-10-2006, 10:15 AM
You'd need a piece of naturally 4 enchanted wood, then make the arrow. That should make it 5x and blessable. According to my fletching source. Get the woods at the boyer's shop, backroom.

Asha
07-10-2006, 10:15 AM
I thought arrowheads were to make up to 4x enchanted arrows, for those who can't e-blade.

GuildRat
07-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I thought arrowheads were to make up to 4x enchanted arrows, for those who can't e-blade.

My girlfriend's ranger uses faewood to make 5x arrows, never uses arrowheads.

mgoddess
07-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Arrowheads can enchant a normal wood arrow (so, use vultite arrowheads on normal wood, you get a 5x arrow with fletching mastery). I've seen rhimar arrowheads raffled off, I think they do the normal rhimar flaring. I know if you try to combine arrowheads and magical wood, whichever has the higher enchant wins (they do NOT combine)....so using vultite arrowheads and faewood wood isn't worth it, unless you want the looks.

GuildRat
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Arrowheads can enchant a normal wood arrow (so, use vultite arrowheads on normal wood, you get a 5x arrow with fletching mastery). I've seen rhimar arrowheads raffled off, I think they do the normal rhimar flaring. I know if you try to combine arrowheads and magical wood, whichever has the higher enchant wins (they do NOT combine)....so using vultite arrowheads and faewood wood isn't worth it, unless you want the looks.

Not knowing alot about arrowheads and the cost, I'd say go with whichever is cheaper on you if you lose it. Seems either way will give you a 5x blessable arrow.

Drakam
07-10-2006, 07:54 PM
enchanted arrowheads are a rip off in my opinion. 1 vultite arrowhead will cost about 550 coins. 1 branch of faewood (4x equivalent) will produce an average of 6-8 shafts for a similar price. I do use arrowheads but I use steel arrowheads as they only cost 1 coin and look rather nice. Arrowheads don't do much else then enchant normal woods to the equivalent metal used. rhimar arrowheads are nice but you can get around that by getting storm griffin feathers fletched and attached to your arrows. you get the same lightning flare. Course the problem would be getting the storm griffin feathers :)