PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Back
07-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I know. It was out a long time ago but I picked it up cheap. Haven't played the first two in the series... I don’t know why? I loved the original PC game.

I have to say this game is fun. Maybe a little too easy, but still. Its challenging in that you have no accessible life replenishers and specific save points. It still retains all the puzzling greatness of trying to figure out how to get from ledge to ledge x10 plus it adds in a combo-combat aspect.

Another nice touch is the voicing. When you leave the game for a while the Dark Prince really gets pissed, and the narrator’s voice is super sweet.

If anyone else has played this series, are the first two worth picking up?

Jolena
07-08-2006, 06:11 PM
My son really loves the 1st edition, but I haven't played it myself, only watched. It seems rather interesting though.

Numbers
07-08-2006, 06:22 PM
The PoP games is probably one of my favorite series from the last generation of consoles. The first one was really groundbreaking when it first came out, but very linear. The first and third are very similar in their gameplay, except for the whole dark prince thing. I probably liked the first better than the third, mostly because it was something new.

The second one is the worst of the series and really feels like it doesn't belong. Since the first one didn't sell so well, Ubisoft wanted it to appeal to a wider audience, so they made the prince a pretty one-dimensional "badass" character, made it more focused on combat instead of puzzles, changed the voice actor, and changed the music to heavy metal.

I'd suggest going back and playing through at least the first one before finishing the third, otherwise a lot of the stuff won't make much sense. The second one you can play if you want, or you can just read a story summary somewhere.