PDA

View Full Version : How in the hell?

AnticorRifling
10-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Do you loresing at items to find their properties?

Do you need to be a certain lvl before you get any reading or what? I've been singing at this stupid ring with no sign of luck.

Vesi
10-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Do you loresing at items to find their properties?

Do you need to be a certain lvl before you get any reading or what? I've been singing at this stupid ring with no sign of luck.

Make sure you are using the actual name of the item. There are key words you can use also... but the actual item name is the most important.

Edited to add that most any level can get some answer.

Vesi

[Edited on 10-26-2003 by Vesi]

Adhara
10-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Post what you get when you try.

AnticorRifling
10-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Bob gave me the answer.

I wasn't using the loresing verb. Never knew there was such a thing I just assumed bards used either sing or sing at.

Shows what I know about bards. :cool:

Back
10-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Age is the most determining factor in loresinging success. I think once you hit mid-teens you should be able to find out everything, as long as you do the singing right.

You can either do the item/keyword stanza thing or, the use the item word starting with two lines, then add another line everytime to move up the information progression.

Some standard keywords: Value. Metal. Purpose. Magic. Spell. Special Ability.

Take a look at what its telling you and you will see what keyword to use next. The ones I've listed are very common but there are many more depending on the objects.

Vesi
10-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Bob gave me the answer.

I wasn't using the loresing verb. Never knew there was such a thing I just assumed bards used either sing or sing at.

Shows what I know about bards. :cool:

Oh. That would help. <grin> Bards can be lots of fun. That is what my first 'main' character was/is. I still suck at loresinging (actually coming up with good songs that is). I do most of my loresinging alone in a locked room or in a house. I can get answers... just don't want anyone to hear my lousy songs.

Vesi

CrystalTears
10-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
I do most of my loresinging alone in a locked room or in a house. I can get answers... just don't want anyone to hear my lousy songs.

I have a very young bard, but she would sing privately too. After seeing how many people, not just older bards, ridicule those who are younger and use the basic songs for loresinging, I would just rather not get that type of ridicule when I just want to know the properties. Sometimes I can make up something original, but eventually it will be used by others and it won't be unique anymore.

Soulpieced
10-26-2003, 07:13 PM
The reason old bards ridicule is because younger ones haven't seen enough items to know what half of the messaging means. I couldn't tell you how many people come to me whining that they showed their item to 4 other bards and none of them could figure it out. Can't be a good loresinger just by knowing the keywords.

Back
10-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Originally posted by Vesi
I do most of my loresinging alone in a locked room or in a house. I can get answers... just don't want anyone to hear my lousy songs.

I have a very young bard, but she would sing privately too. After seeing how many people, not just older bards, ridicule those who are younger and use the basic songs for loresinging, I would just rather not get that type of ridicule when I just want to know the properties. Sometimes I can make up something original, but eventually it will be used by others and it won't be unique anymore.

Then you get people who are just bored and want to heckle you. Thats when you learn the art of witty comebacks. Trick is not to ever let them rile you.

Back
10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Interesting common items to sing to:

Crystal amulets. Very odd.

Any drake weapon.

Illvari luck charms.

Gold rings.

Vesi
10-27-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
The reason old bards ridicule is because younger ones haven't seen enough items to know what half of the messaging means. I couldn't tell you how many people come to me whining that they showed their item to 4 other bards and none of them could figure it out. Can't be a good loresinger just by knowing the keywords.

I pretty much know the messaging and what it means. My bardess found someone that gave her a few pointers. She took her to a table... told her a couple of things... warned against using hand/land and gave her a red minstrel's cloak which I love... just don't wear it much because it has no pockets. I really wish I knew who she was. This was before I even knew how to highlight a name (back in March of 1999). I started singing to everything I found. It was fun. Still is.

Vesi

AnticorRifling
10-27-2003, 07:07 AM
I know what 0 of the messages mean. I won't be singing for others until I get a clue as to what the hell I'm doing with this loresing stuff.