PDA

View Full Version : Race?

DrZaius
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm just curious what people think is the best race for a Bard. Right now, I'm working on an elven bard, but I see a lot of half-elves as well. Any particular reason? What's the best in your opinion?
Thanks.

Soulpieced
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Halfling, no doubt.

Danical
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I'd probably say pure elf, mechanically.

Erithians (https://www.play.net/gs4/info/races/erithians.asp) are decent because of their INF bonus (however the same as pure elves).

However, as a pure elf will you'll be able to swing a lance in 5 seconds while an Erithian can only muster 6. While there is debate between weapon types I believe polearms are probably the best way to go; Maliku being the paragon of the bard polearmer. Likewise - Tannious for TWC, Drinin for THW and SP for sword/board.

Personally, I choose a burghal gnome because I envisioned him being mechanically inclined and inquisitive. Loresinging seemed like a perfect method for facilitating these RP aspirations as one can discover item properties, at least it did at the time.

Hope that helps.

vontez
06-26-2006, 04:48 PM
probably elven if you use polearms for the 5 second lance, or giantman if you do sword/board for max AS.

DrZaius
06-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I was thinking twc, just because it's fun. Any racial preference on that front, or doesn't it matter? Right now I was leaning towards elf, just because I think I can get 990 stats at cap (which I always allocate for).

mgoddess
06-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Elves have that -20 to Discipline though, which could hurt (if you use spellsongs a lot). Erithians have the bonus to Inf and Discipline...which is why I chose one for my bard.