PDA

View Full Version : Spider in my bathroom (For Artha)

Kuyuk
06-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Here's a pic of a spider in my bathroom. I dont kill them because they eat some of the many many bugs I have in my room.

but I think they're getting a bit too big.

K.

Drew
06-21-2006, 04:18 PM
A. Gross
B. <grammarnazi>The title of this thread should be: Spider in my bathroom (For Artha)</grammarnazi>

Kuyuk
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
maybe a mod will fix it, but I dont care :) (thanks though :-D)

K.

mgoddess
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
*shudder* That's a, uh, big spider. *shudder*

DCSL
06-21-2006, 04:24 PM
It's kinda' cute. Fuzzy!

Kuyuk
06-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I coulda sworn I just replied to this, but evidently I didnt?

Anyway, I said maybe a mod could fix it, but I'm too lazy myself :) Thanks though!

I think it's a jumping spider anywho.

K.

Artha
06-21-2006, 06:00 PM
I usually kill any spiders I see. Survival of the fittest!

Snapp
06-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Gross and a half. I don't know how you can sleep at night knowing those beasts are there. Raid ftw.

Asha
06-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Daren't even click the jpgs

Back
06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Dig it.

http://www.zendada.com/images/Artha.jpg

Stanley Burrell
06-21-2006, 06:54 PM
It looks like it's just chilling there, being tiny...

If you ever run out of toasted almonds for your chef's salad, you always know where to look for a substitute.

Back
06-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Looks to me like its imitating a galaxy. Like its pulling in gravity.

Stanley Burrell
06-21-2006, 06:58 PM
GAH.

I meant Kuyuk's spider pics.

It's definitely on the galactic scale. At least nebular. Now I get to use the fo' shizzle emoticon:

:foshizzle:

Back
06-21-2006, 07:01 PM
GAH.

I meant Kuyuk's spider pics.

It's definitely on the galactic scale. At least nebular. Now I get to use the fo' shizzle emoticon:

My bad.

:foshizzle:

FinallyDomesticated
06-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Jumpy spiders are the worst. I am afraid they'll break into some Matrix style leaping attack if I try to smoosh them. Hair spray in mass quantities works well for those creepy jumpy spiders. For any spiders, really. Except the writing spiders. Those are kind of intriguing.

Skirmisher
06-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Jumping spiders are the best! They really are cool.

Any spider who leaves their designated corner however gets the shoe.

Well, except for jumoing spiders...those things are so darned fast i use a big ole trade paperback to ensure squishation will take place.

Asha
06-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Even though I absolutely hate them, I can't kill them.
I suck them up with the vacuum cleaner and tell myself they'll get out eventually, and I'll never see them again.

Snapp
06-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Jumping spiders are the best! They really are cool.

They are pretty cool.. as long as they're on some nature show or something and not in my apartment or car. Almost got into a wreck because of one of those buggers jumping off my dashboard at me!

Aaysia
06-22-2006, 09:36 AM
If they get in my house and I see them I hunt them down til they die or I can't sleep since I'm plagued with thoughts of them crawling over me while I sleep *shudders*

That goes for any bug/insect/arachnid/whatever

The most memorable animals passing through my house have been: -
i. flying frog (died a horrible death of my mother bitchslapping it with a broom til it stopped moving.)
ii. snake (that definitely creeped me out. bugger gotaway though.)
iii. iguana (I put gloves on, picked him up and carried him outside in the yard and he ran away
iv. crab (wtf? I don't even live that near the beach. My mother freaked out on that and smushed it dead.)

DeV
06-22-2006, 10:35 AM
If they get in my house and I see them I hunt them down til they die or I can't sleep since I'm plagued with thoughts of them crawling over me while I sleep *shudders*

That goes for any bug/insect/arachnid/whatever

The most memorable animals passing through my house have been: -
i. flying frog (died a horrible death of my mother bitchslapping it with a broom til it stopped moving.)
ii. snake (that definitely creeped me out. bugger gotaway though.)
iii. iguana (I put gloves on, picked him up and carried him outside in the yard and he ran away
iv. crab (wtf? I don't even live that near the beach. My mother freaked out on that and smushed it dead.)bugs >:club: < Mom's

Spiders are cool, but that sucker would get the shoe. Spiders and I have an understanding; out of sight, out of mind. If I see one... dead spider goo coming right up.

Jenisi
06-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Haha, I don't know what I'd do if I was just walking around and any of those animals showed up. I had a jumping spider in my car on my dash too... scared the crap out of me and he was arching at me ... scary stuff. Until I smushed it. Arch your fucking legs at me, you're going down. Anyway, this lead to a discussion about the daddy long leg's myth with me and a guy at work. He said it was proved on mythbusters, which I looked up this morning and he's full of shit.

FinallyDomesticated
06-22-2006, 06:47 PM
As far as the worst animals who found their way inside - that would have to go to the oppossum who walked in the door during a barbeque. I guess he saw everyone coming and going and wondered what he was missing out on. Apparently, he staked out the door and waited for an opportune moment.

My aunt came in carrying a large pan of something, took one look at the thing who had wedged himself into a corner of the kitchen and then it was on.

She stared at him.

He stared at her.

She said something that sorta sounded like 'aaahhhchhkerooo.'

He hissed and showed rows of razor-quality teeth.

She passed out and threw the pan in the air.

The pan fell to the tiled floor creating a large clanging noise.

He passed out and laid there til my uncle was able to assist him back to the wild with the help of a rather menacing looking garden instrument.

We all returned to the wild as well, trying our damnedest not to laugh about it in front of my aunt who really did not think anything about the situation was funny.

Shari
06-23-2006, 12:29 AM
So one night, I'm sitting on our couch playing GS. (Surprise, right?) Its about midnight and I can see this thing moving on the floor from the corner of my eye. We have tile flooring through most of the house and dustbunnies tend to get caught in certain areas from the fans and they just swirl around until we're not lazy enough to sweep them up. ANYWAY. I assume its a dust bunny.

So finally I notice it moving away from its "designated swirling spot" and look over. HUGE ASS MOTHERFUCKING WOLF SPIDER. So I'm freakin. I don't want to wake up Scott, and I hate the sound they make when I squish them. I spot an empty Taco Bell cup. Perfect.

Teetering over the edge of the couch, I gently drop the cup over the top of the spider and bolt into the kitchen to figure out how to dispose of it. I decide to slide plastic wrap under it, bundle it up in a nice package and toss it outside. I get back to the cup and its moving, MOVING!!!!1! across the floor with the spider in it!

I resist the urge to scream, slide the plastic wrap under it, bundle it up with 3hairties and leave it for the husband to dispose of in the morning.

Kainen
06-23-2006, 12:34 AM
When we were kids, we used to pick up these fuzzy black spiders that had white speckling and blue fangs and carry them around. Oddly enough, none of us were ever bitten.