PDA

View Full Version : charge or trip?

DrZaius
06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I've got a bit of time left on my skill migration, and I'm considering switching my elf warrior from 2HW to Polearms. My question is- which is the better CMAN- Trip, or Charge? Should I get one, or both, and if both, which should I get first? Are Polearms as good as/better than 2HW? I just have a feeling Im going to have an easier time finding a 4x lance than I am finding a 1x claidh.

Thanks.

DrZaius
06-21-2006, 01:15 PM
bump?

mgoddess
06-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I like trip better, personally. The main thing for me is the fact that you don't have a chance of falling over on your face with trip, versus charge with the possibility (however small it may be). You can trip/charge with any sort of (two-handed) polearm, versus only being able to trip with staves (for THW, that I know of). Trip is a bit cheaper, stamina-wise. And trip is available to everyone, versus Charge being limited to Warriors, Bards, Monks, and Paladins. (If you can get both, do....but personal opinion says to go for trip first, then charge.)

As for polearms vs. THW's...it really depends on what you're looking for with the weapon. Lances have the best DF's in the game (along with awl-pikes against leather and scale), claids are awesome with their weighting. Lances have better AvD's versus claid's. Lances have a base RT of 9, Claid's have a base of 8. It's also an RP choice...do you wanna be an elf swinging a lance or a claid?

StrayRogue
06-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Get charge through the guild.

Bullrush pwns both.

mgoddess
06-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Get charge through the guild.

Uhhh, where do you get charge in the guild?!

StrayRogue
06-21-2006, 02:57 PM
AH, I thought he meant tackle for some insane reason.

But yeah, Bullrush is better than both.

DrZaius
06-21-2006, 03:09 PM
AH, I thought he meant tackle for some insane reason.

But yeah, Bullrush is better than both.

haha, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out where it was..

Drew
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Charge is a killer manuever, a little dangerous because of the RT and the chance of mild failure even if you roll over 100 but it usually hits and when it does it means the critter is dead.

The Ponzzz
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Stray is right, bullrush is by far the best knock down CMAN for a warrior there is, in my opinion. But if you want a polearm related one, trip has a better chance to knocking down, but charge has chances to kill

Latrinsorm
06-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Trip is less risky. Charge kills stuff. I'm pretty sure trip is also faster. I'd go with bullrush too.

As for polearms vs. thw, don't just compare lance vs. claidhmore. There's (much) more to each class. I'd go with THW because I already have a shieldy warrior, and a key advantage of polearms is their versatility (with a shield).

Also, you don't have to bump something 2 hours later, especially during a work day.

Makkah
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Charge is by far better.

Latrinsorm
06-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Trip can also be good for killing stuff if you have a flaring weapon.

DrZaius
06-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Also, you don't have to bump something 2 hours later, especially during a work day.

apologies. ADD. thanks for all your help.