PDA

View Full Version : Pirates! The tabletop card game.

Shari
06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
I am now officially...the biggest geek ever. And I'm drawing my husband in too now!

My brother got us curious about this very in-depth and detailed card game called "Pirates!" They come in your regular style card packs, but they're scored into various pieces that you literally build into these ships. The cards are a fairly sturdy plastic and you assemble your very own fleet.

Certain styles of the decks (Crimson Coast, Curse of Davy Jones, etc) have other "specials" such as forts, sea monsters, etc. I figure if everyone here had at one point an interest in GS, they would be interested in hearing about it. As like most deck games, all the cards are ranked on rarity and such.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/

Just in case anyone has accepted their geek-ness like I have and wants to visit the site. :D

BTW, I got my totally non-gaming husband into this and after the first game he can't wait to go out and buy more packs of cards for his "fleet". And depending on what versions (short, long) you choose to follow, you can make it last 45 minutes, or days.

Skeeter
06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
apparently geek is catching.

Hips
06-20-2006, 01:15 PM
heh, the historical society in town that I work at plays this on their "game nights."

Wezas
06-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I enjoyed Sid Meyer's "Pirates!" PC game.

Along the same lines my brother told me he plays table top D&D with three friends from school on a regular basis. I can only hope he's lying and he's actually getting high.

DrZaius
06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Along the same lines my brother told me he plays table top D&D with three friends from school on a regular basis. I can only hope he's lying and he's actually getting high.
That'd be the perfect cover- "Yeah, we're going to go 'roll some dice', and after that, maybe 'explore a dungeon'. On a sidenote, Pirates! Was awesome, and the new one is pretty fun too.

Amaron
06-21-2006, 12:31 AM
My hubby plays... we have soo many of them.

J