PDA

View Full Version : Simutronics Membership Suspended from Better Business Bureau®

Electrawn
06-11-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't come up here.

http://www.stlouis.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=310013366

On May 15, 2006 the membership was suspended due to failure to honor an arbitrator's decision despite agreeing to do so. The matter will be reviewed by the Bureau's Board of Directors at its next meeting.

Customer Service issues, Unresolved

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Quick Commentary/Background: Keep in mind that the BBB is VERY business friendly. http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff1343.htm is a good read. The jist is that the BBB is a private non for profit, their membership is a paid one from the companies they represent. Many people assume they are some sort of government authority/mandate/department - they are not! Any BBB deals, arbitrations, etc...take with a big grain of salt.

-Electrawn

Drew
06-11-2006, 05:32 AM
I doubt text based RPG players will check up on the company with the BBB before they begin to play anyway. Don't know how much this will affect Simu.

Stanley Burrell
06-11-2006, 06:05 AM
This looks to be quite the PoS.

The website gifs are all sloppy and its syndicate is based out of St. Looooey, similarly to the Simutronics Co.

It kind of has the style of reading as some sort of the-wrath-of-a Warclaidhm.org, a bit.

In conclusion, Electrawn is secretly Kevinhm. The end.

Electrawn
06-11-2006, 06:32 AM
I am not sure where that came from. Before I pull out my flame guns, I'll give 24 hours for you to (sober up and) reconsider what you said. Comparison's to Kevinhm are just like calling someone Hitler or Bin Ladin. Don't go there.

-Electrawn

Amber
06-11-2006, 08:36 AM
I think this suspension stems from this incident back in 2002 http://eyoni.tripod.com/ where someone got banned from the boards for a month.

Bobmuhthol
06-11-2006, 10:10 AM
The Bureau processed a total of 13 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 13 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year.

lol.

That Jay
06-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm just stunned that so many people would actually complain to the Better Business Bureau about their treatment in a text game and doubly stunned that they would actually take the time to treat the complaints seriously.

Stanley Burrell
06-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I am not sure where that came from. Before I pull out my flame guns, I'll give 24 hours for you to (sober up and) reconsider what you said. Comparison's to Kevinhm are just like calling someone Hitler or Bin Ladin. Don't go there.

-Electrawn

It's probably a little bit worse, too.

That was a terrible thing to say and for that I apologize :'(

Electrawn
06-11-2006, 01:15 PM
It's probably a little bit worse, too.

That was a terrible thing to say and for that I apologize :'(

Whew. That almost wrecked my whole morning/day/week, I was this close || to "going nuclear." Apology accepted. I can handle standard flames, criticism...much, much better than most since my internet days go back to '94. That hit a core nerve -- like being stabbed through the back with a serrated sword and then twisting! Whew. whew. wheeeeeeeeew. breathe.

Reference: It's official. Calling someone a Warclaidhm is worse than calling someone a Hitler.

-Electrawn

Kainen
06-11-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm just stunned that so many people would actually complain to the Better Business Bureau about their treatment in a text game and doubly stunned that they would actually take the time to treat the complaints seriously.

You are paying money for a service. Text based game or not.. Simu is still a business and therefore they have a obligation to provide certain things agreed upon when you sign up. This text based game isn't free and there are certain things we should be able to expect from the customer service. If someone thinks they aren't being treated fairly then not only are they entitled to complain, they SHOULD complain. Would you allow some other service or business to treat you baddly?

Artha
06-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Calling someone a Warclaidhm is worse than calling someone a Hitler.

That's not really a valid comparison. I mean...people liked Hitler.

Alfster
06-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Whew. That almost wrecked my whole morning/day/week, I was this close || to "going nuclear." Apology accepted. I can handle standard flames, criticism...much, much better than most since my internet days go back to '94. That hit a core nerve -- like being stabbed through the back with a serrated sword and then twisting! Whew. whew. wheeeeeeeeew. breathe.

Reference: It's official. Calling someone a Warclaidhm is worse than calling someone a Hitler.

-Electrawn

You have a temper of a retard like Warclaidhm though.

OMG YOU CALLED ME WARCLAIDHM! APOLOGIZE NOW!

dumb twat

Daniel
06-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Lmao

Landrion
06-12-2006, 09:41 AM

I wouldnt be suprised if it was a billing dispute. Especially one of the pay-per-quests or an account dispute.

The way the wording reads, it seems like Simu agreed to a decision and then didnt follow through. Thats not completely out of character for them to take a while to do something.

DeV
06-12-2006, 01:01 PM
^ It definitely isn't. Currently awaiting a refund myself for a subscription I cancelled over a month ago. They claim I only checked premium when I asked to suspend my service, instead of checking off basic as well. Okay. Since I haven't played the account since only the premium option was checked when I cancelled they agreed to process a refund.

That was well over a week and a half ago. I'm not sweating $14.95, but come on. Follow through when it comes to business transactions is important no matter what manner of business you conduct

Bobmuhthol
06-12-2006, 05:16 PM
<<I wouldnt be suprised if it was a billing dispute.>>

It was Customer Service. All Billing Issues have been resolved, and there were 2 in the last 36 months.

Landrion
06-12-2006, 05:51 PM
<<I wouldnt be suprised if it was a billing dispute.>>

It was Customer Service. All Billing Issues have been resolved, and there were 2 in the last 36 months.

My bad, thnx for the correction.

Electrawn
06-13-2006, 05:30 AM
You have a temper of a retard like Warclaidhm though.

OMG YOU CALLED ME WARCLAIDHM! APOLOGIZE NOW!

dumb twat

Once you run down my list, I claim temporary super-anger rights.

-Company in near bankruptcy
---Job Stress: Leading to recent unemployment.
-Sudden, orderly withdrawl of anti-depressant Paxil.
---Financial Stress: New drugs, doctor and psych bills.
---Family stress: Without anti-depressants, living conditions become a sudden hell.
-----Moving stress: Planning to move in with a gf early in a relationship.

I'll spare details. Just remember when shit hits a fan, it doesn't come out like cut sausage. It explodes - everywhere.

Hey...look! The POSTAL SERVICE IS HIRING!

I'm sparing playing as well. Little raindrops that usually roll off the cloak end up soaking in deep. Hasn't GS had enough of players going postal with 425s in TSC? So Passe.

Dumb twat I can handle. Lets not play with loaded guns though.

-Electrawn

Electrawn
06-14-2006, 02:11 PM
That's not really a valid comparison. I mean...people liked Hitler.

Didn't Kevin have a harem?