PDA

View Full Version : Stat placement

Algri
06-02-2006, 05:29 AM
For a burghal gnome wizard planning for tp's and not long term, what is a good placement to maximize tp's at a young age?

I'm planning

1x Arcanse symbols, MIU, Elemental mana control, harness power, [(armor, air, earth, fire water) these will eventually be 1x but at first be kinda slow]

2x spell aim(edit) MIU, Arcance symbols, spells

Am I wasting points this way? I plan on getting armor just enough to get brig to 7% hinderance and he will use a runestaff

Can I please get advice on training and maxing TP's for a good training plan?

Celephais
06-02-2006, 10:23 AM
You're missing 2x Spell Aiming... I take it that was just a mistake. ... unless you tell me you're making a warmage burghal gnome who forsakes SA, then you're going to have a rough life.

Algri
06-03-2006, 07:41 AM
bump

Celephais
06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Well you edited it a lot... seems like kind of an odd build... first off you can only 2x in emental lores... so you can 1x air and 1x water but then 0x fire and 0x earth... at best you can 0.5x each (and that's just stupid). Lores pay off by focusing... and in some cases splitting (air/water for lightning, fire/earth for boils)

Any reason for trying for brig? If you're not planning on being a war mage then you should really go for the "don't get hit" approach. If you do really want armor then consider cuirboulli, it's a lot less points and gives you protection on your arms (so you can keep casting).

Since your only real physical skills will be a few ranks in armor and a few ranks in PT, maybe some climbing/swimming if you get old enough to need them, you will just about always be using PTP to trade for MTP... Just play around with the numbers till you get something you like

Algri
06-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Yea, a big change. I'm switching to runestaff not sword/shield. I figured brig would get me better crit defense. Thanks for the advice