PDA

View Full Version : Burghal Gnome

Algri
05-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Are Burghal Gnome wizards worth it? And what skills affect my spell casting besides spell aim?

Askip
05-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Any race can "make it" as a wizard, it depends on what you consider "worth it".

SA is the only skill that will increase casting AS, you need spells to increase it further.

:D

mgoddess
05-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I've got a burghal gnome wizzie...she's fun, but I haven't had much chance to play her recently, so she's only 24..

Algri
05-29-2006, 03:25 AM
I guess my question is, What benefits do gnomes have as wizards?

mgoddess
05-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Mechanics-wise....they have +10 to Agi, Dex, Con, and Log....-15 to Str...and a bit in the middle. Burghals have 2/3 spirit regen on-node (2 spirit every 3 minutes...off-node is half that).

I'd say it's a RP thing mostly...do you want a midget wizard that can't hold very much (unless you dump a ton of stat points into strength), or would you rather play a more normal-sized race that doesn't have as much for encumberance issues (if weighed down)?

Algri
05-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Yea, a lil RP, but just for hunting mostly. I put his str at 95 to get a small bonus for swinging. Mainly just cast though. The added Dex, Con and Log bonuses might help, but he will have some low hp. :(

Kitsun
05-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Wizards typically don't get blooded out anyway. Eventually you'll die to crits 99.9% of the time.

Burghals actually have the potential to drain EXP the fastest out of all the races if the LOG is max'd out. Means you get more out of your XXX each week too. It might be offset by the time you spend dead if you don't control your encumberance well enough.

I'd avoid trying to enchant fullplate too.

Algri
05-29-2006, 03:04 PM
haha, ok. I'll remember to not enchant fullplate. The crit thing I knew, but I didn't know burghal gnomes absorb faster. I end up hunting alot though. How long does that exp XXX last? a couple hours?

Kitsun
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
XXX lasts 6 hours. 3 hours at 3x the normal rate and 3 hours at 2x the normal rate.

Algri
05-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks, lotta changes since I quit before the switch to GS4, lol. Halflings still the best pure bolters?

Edit:
Does anyone have a good website that I can use to predict my stats when I use one of my stat placement options, before my trial is up? Thanks