PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Last Stand - Beware of Spoilers

Apotheosis
05-26-2006, 07:19 AM
saw it at 12:01am last night. It kinda sucked. :-/

I'm not a hardcore series fan, but if you are uptight about details matching comic story, don't go.

StrayRogue
05-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Thats what happens when you get rid of a bad ass director and over-inflate the production with too large a cast.

Hips
05-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I thought it was okay. I went in expecting it to be terrible, and while it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... it wasn't that good, either.

Warriorbird
05-27-2006, 03:07 AM
I liked it better than I did the Da Vinci Code. Not saying too much, mind.

KValisk
05-27-2006, 03:11 AM
I just came back from watching the movie and I must say, it was a total let down. I didn't like the characters at all. I don't think I'll ever watch it again.

Drew
05-27-2006, 04:19 AM
Well I expected it to suck after seeing some clips, it wasn't awful. Xavier's character was played wrong I thought, like when he was all pissed off at Logan, not very Xavier like. It did have some funny and memorable moments ("I'm the Juggernaut bitch!") but way too melodramatic with the things the President and Magneto said.

Apathy
05-27-2006, 10:30 AM
It was enjoyable to watch but not in the same manner as before. It wasn't worth the money I had to pay for it in the theater, but then again nothing really has been for years.

Parkbandit
05-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I was just ok with it. Entertaining, but very little content.

I hope you stayed after the credits rolled.

Drew2
05-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I saw a midnight showing, and all of you are dumb.

It was awesome. Going to the movies and expecting something LIFE CHANGING and INSPIRING is silly. Take it for what it was. Eye candy with a story attached to it. It was great.

Back
05-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I thought the first two were decent. Great action and effects, decent story, but the characters a little hollow. I don’t expect this one will be much different.

Either way, as a long time X-Men and comic book fan, its just great to finally see decent live-action movies being made. Even though Constantine was vastly different in mood from the books, it was still somewhat interesting to watch.

Hips
05-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Speaking of comics and live-action movies being made... is anyone else a little skeptical about NICHOLAS CAGE being Ghost Rider??

Back
05-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Speaking of comics and live-action movies being made... is anyone else a little skeptical about NICHOLAS CAGE being Ghost Rider??

Heh... not as skeptical as I was with Kenau Reeves as Constantine. Cage brings his own element into the characters he plays which I like. Wild at Heart is a good example.

As comics to movies go nothing will beat Sin City.

Snapp
05-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Uh yeah, definitely. Nicholas Cage is too old, imo. Not that Ghost Rider is all that physical, I just can't see him pulling the role off, but who knows?

Apathy
05-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Last I checked Ghost Rider didn't look stoned 24/7.

Parkbandit
05-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Never got into Ghost Rider or Nicholas Cage. I'll wait for the video more than likely.

Back
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Last I checked Ghost Rider didn't look stoned 24/7.

A biker with a flaming skull for a head doesn't look stoned?

Back
05-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Never got into Ghost Rider or Nicholas Cage. I'll wait for the video more than likely.

The 70’s Ghost Rider was ok. Marvel really ramped it up with Ghost Rider 2000. That was a great series.

Alfster
05-27-2006, 05:42 PM
The geek level of this thread is unbearable

Back
05-27-2006, 05:44 PM
The geek level of this thread is unbearable

Funny, I almost posted the exact same thing in the WoW Fantasy PvP thread.

Alfster
05-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Funny, I almost posted the exact same thing in the WoW Fantasy PvP thread.

I bet you did

CrystalTears
05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
I saw it tonight. I'll just say that I have no clue what you people were looking for to dislike it so much, but realize you can't please everyone. Oh well.

Satira
05-29-2006, 12:42 AM
I just saw this tonight. Here are my complaints.

Rogue is my favorite. She was barely in it, she gave up her powers, and she's still with that craphead boyfriend.

Mystique is awesome and even though it was cool to see her lose her powers, she wasn't around enough either.

I hate Jean. I've always hated Jean. I was so happy they killed her last time and then she's back? BOO.

Scott is dead.

Even more importantly THE PROFESSOR IS DEAD? NO. THAT SUCKS.

Storm is still alive. F THAT. Kill her instead of the damn professor.

The guy who plays Warren is one of my favorite actors so that was fun! But he should have been a bigger part of the story.

I should also say that I only watched the cartoon sometimes and didn't read the actual comics. So if this is true to the regular storyline I wouldn't know. I still really enjoyed it overall, though.

CrystalTears
05-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Even more importantly THE PROFESSOR IS DEAD? NO. THAT SUCKS.
You didn't watch through to the end of the credits, did you? :D

Satira
05-29-2006, 04:58 AM
NO I didn't and I found out later I should have. WTF did I miss? Isn't there anywhere I can watch it online?

Caiylania
05-29-2006, 05:23 AM
The Prof's lambast to Wolverine didn't fit with me either. Overall I thought the plot was weak. Though I did like the implication the cure is temporary- so Rogue won't be weak long. This if course not mattering if they don't do another one.

It was ... ok.

StrayRogue
05-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Saw it last night. What a load of shit.

DeV
05-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Satira's post should come with a spoiler warning, heh. Like Tayre, I'm not expecting anything grand out of the movie. I'll be happy with lots of action and nice visual/graphic effects.

With that said, I'm going to check out Divinci Code tonight. X-men can wait.

Czeska
05-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I"m going to see Xmen later today. I just want to be entertained :)

Satira
05-29-2006, 02:25 PM
PS - Spoiler warning.

Kitsun
05-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I thought the movie was okay, I just had issues with certain small details but I think thats my inner geek needing attention.

For too much of the film, it felt like the Adventures of Wolverine and Halle Berry.
Juggernaut needed to be a lot bigger.
I felt that they casted Rogue and Scott too young. Jean seemed too old.
Argh that last fight scene. Magneto had enough metal on that bridge to punch everyone full of scrap metal and waltz off like a dandy. Why did it seem like he didn't bother training any of his 200 mutants to do anything except run up and beat people's fists up with their faces? If I were a master of magnetism I'd be walking around in a suit of 3 inch thick fullplate too!
Wolverine's healing factor looked like it was in freaking cheat mode.

Iceman's ice look was well done, if only he'd kept it on a bit longer.
Beast looked really cool.
Shadowkat looked cute.
Colossus looked the part but damn they could've given him a few freaking lines.

Marl
05-29-2006, 03:41 PM
I am reading all this a seeing the previews and am wondering why the hell don't they put the best X-man in the cast.

WHERE THE FUCK IS GAMBIT!!!!!!

Kitsun
05-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Because Gambit would look like a child touching perv with Rogue as young as she is. Or Gambit would look like a really freakish teen.

StrayRogue
05-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Because Gambit would look like a child touching perv with Rogue as young as she is. Or Gambit would look like a really freakish teen.

WTF she is only a week younger than me.

Aaysia
05-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Gambit is definitely my favorite X-man *purr*

Kefka
05-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Saw it on Saturday... it was a let down. I came in expecting it to be bad, but throughout the movie, I was expecting one of them to wake up and find out the whole movie was just a bad dream. I like a good action flick as much as the next guy, but I can't believe Marvel veered so far from the original storyline concerning Phoenix. :(

Only laugh I got was watching the preview Snakes on a plane. I might actually go see that one just to laugh at it.

Drew
05-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Shadowkat looked cute.

I'd hit it.

Things2Come
05-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Just got back.. I liked the movie. I don't know the original storyline from the comics so I don't have anything to compare it by so...

I'm wondering what they're going to do for the next movie. It's obvious that there will be another movie as they didn't do much with archangel and then the professor coming back at the hidden last scene. Any thoughts on what they'll do next or what the comics did next?

Satira
05-29-2006, 10:23 PM
The actress who plays Shadowcat is really annoying to me. She was in something else I've seen...

drigore
05-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Juggernaut is not a mutant, that entire scene pissed me off severely. The rest of the movie was the typical summer let's see how much shit we can blow up thing, not really on par for what it could have been. Shadowcat's actress is in a new movie called Hard Candy, about a kiddie stalker.

Artha
05-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Only laugh I got was watching the preview Snakes on a plane. I might actually go see that one just to laugh at it.
There's a SOAP preview? I might go see it just for that.

Wezas
05-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Gotta say, the Snakes on a Plane preview got the biggest reaction from the crowd. And I'm including actual movie.

Sean
05-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I liked he movie. And yea I chuckled at the snakes on a plane preview.

JohnDoe
05-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Just got back.. I liked the movie. I don't know the original storyline from the comics so I don't have anything to compare it by so...

I'm wondering what they're going to do for the next movie. It's obvious that there will be another movie as they didn't do much with archangel and then the professor coming back at the hidden last scene. Any thoughts on what they'll do next or what the comics did next?
Hidden last scene? Damnit, I must have left too soon. The last scene that I saw was Magneto sitting in the park. What'd I miss?

Satira
05-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Yeah me too! Someone tell us already!

Czeska
05-30-2006, 01:57 AM
I saw it today, and enjoyed it. Of course, my expectations weren't high, I just wanted to have fun :).

Hidden last scene.. good stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

StrayRogue
05-30-2006, 01:59 AM
It hints to Picard still being alive/coming back to life.

Things2Come
05-30-2006, 03:55 AM
IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THE MOVIE AND WANT TO SEE IT BEFORE KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS, STOP READING.

During the movie in one of Xaviers teaching sessions, he talks about ethics and whether it would be ethical to bring consciousness to a man in a coma.

At the very end of the movie after the long ass credits... It has Xaviers voice saying the nurses name, in the body of that man that was in the coma.

Marl
05-30-2006, 11:00 AM

Gambit's chick was Jubilee not Rogue or did I stop reading the comic/watching the cartoon waaaaay to long ago.

Kefka
05-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Gambit's chick was Jubilee not Rogue or did I stop reading the comic/watching the cartoon waaaaay to long ago.

Then he'd really be a perv. In the cartoon series, the first episode was the Xavier trying to recruit a high school age Jubilee while sentinels was trying to capture/kill her.

Skeeter
05-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Jubilee was like 14 or younger.

Gambit & Rogue were always a couple. Around the same age in the comic.

Marl
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Wow....too much fun too long ago to remember....damn i feel old

Numbers
07-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry for the bump, but...

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/48822/

Parkbandit
07-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Sorry for the bump, but...

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/48822/

SECRET WARS!

That would be the blockbuster of all times imo.