PDA

View Full Version : Damn it...

Edaarin
10-23-2003, 10:33 AM
I think it's retarded that a level 20 cleric can completely incapacitate an entire room's ability to steal/fight/hide.

Coffie gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

IcyPoison
10-23-2003, 10:43 AM
She's an idiot anyway. She often says 2 instead of two or to when she's talking in a room full of people.

Wezas
10-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Coffie gestures.

Move one room away, prep 130 (or I guess you Volners can just fog), hide, go back to room, stalk Coffie, cast. I do this occasionally in the Crypt, though I have to stalk somebody back into the crypt because you can't sneak in.

Poof, back to town, sanct drops. Until they come back. So make sure to bind/web/silence/kill them before they can.

And I agree Edaarin, 13 trainings is way too young to have that powerful of a spell. It should have some kind of threshhold, like only people within 10 trainings of you (and lower) are restricted. But then it would be abused because we'd have people killing the sancter.

[Edited on 10-23-2003 by Wezas]

Dighn Darkbeam
10-23-2003, 11:39 AM
This works when their group is closed? Arent you sick after casting this? They will probably beat you back.

Miss X
10-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Tayre did it to get rid of Warclaidhm from Kos's auction the other day, he made it back before war did. :lol:

Wezas
10-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
This works when their group is closed? Arent you sick after casting this? They will probably beat you back.

Works when the group's closed, because you're stalking them. If their group is open, just prep 130, hold their hand, and cast.

Yes you get sick. But, unless you land outside the gate, they're not going to kill you in town because of the fine. Plus, I'm a bully and pick on little characters that sanct. Perfect for people who sanct and then sleep. And for situations like this:

>steal xxxxx
You reach into xxxxx's spidersilk satchel and pull out a pink sapphire.

Edine traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>Edine gestures.

[Edited on 10-23-2003 by Wezas]

Parkbandit
10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
One of my biggest beefs...

How the hell can a little simple cleric who just turned a mere 13 trainings FORCE me not to hide, steal or anything else against my will?

That spell needs to have a check.. it's abused WAY too much.

Parkbandit
10-23-2003, 12:49 PM
And clerics/empaths that use that spell in my park like that are immediately marked for life. The fastest way to get on my 'drop what you are doing and clean this person out' list is to do that.

Adhara
10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Yes the stalk/130 trick works. I thought you had to come out of hiding though... you can do that by tapping the person and you will see you are joined to them.

I used this once to get an unresponsive person with his group closed out of a dangerous area.

As for the minor sanct issue, I feel it should work like song of peace in the way that it would affect only the cleric and his/her group. It should be static however so that when they leave the room it is no longer in effect (so clerics can't walk around hard hunting grounds immune to attacks).

Parkbandit
10-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
Yes the stalk/130 trick works. I thought you had to come out of hiding though... you can do that by tapping the person and you will see you are joined to them.

I used this once to get an unresponsive person with his group closed out of a dangerous area.

As for the minor sanct issue, I feel it should work like song of peace in the way that it would affect only the cleric and his/her group. It should be static however so that when they leave the room it is no longer in effect (so clerics can't walk around hard hunting grounds immune to attacks).

Song of peace works the same way... if a bard is singing it in a room, he basically casts a sanctuary on the whole room... imposing his/her will upon others.

It's unrealistic.

Dighn Darkbeam
10-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Sorcerers minor demons are supposed to be able to interfear with Sanctuaries in some way. I havent heard of any instances, however.

Adhara
10-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Oh oops thought the song only affected the group my mistake. Well that should be changed too!