PDA

View Full Version : Loresinging Methods

Back
10-23-2003, 02:19 AM
What do you think?

I'm hearing that the repetative method works real well, and I've been testing it. I have to say... it does work well with less effort.

Bard sings,"Stupid amethyst band."
"You are worn on a hand."
"Not found in the sand."

And you just add more lines, and get more info... its so easy once you lock down the rhyme.

Again, I have to admit it is effective. But I can't help but think this is too easy.

What do non bards look for in loresongs?

Drew2
10-23-2003, 02:25 AM
Personally, I picked up the method of Altasren (among other bards) of creating a story for a song and just using the name of the item in the song, along with another key word or something. (Value, cost, magic, secret, ability, etc.). It works quite well and puts a unique spin on Loresinging, as no two songs I create are alike. It's fun.

Drew2
10-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Example:

(It's 1:45am.. cut me some slack.. the song isn't my greatest work.)

You sing:

"Michiko went for a walk one day
To buy herself a clue
But on the way she tripped and fell
And lost her leather shoe."

Roundtime: 16 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the double leather in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the leather is the weight, which is about 16 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth around 100 silvers.

You sing:

"She got back up and dusted off
Then looked about for her leather shoe
Reaching down she picked it up
And out a kobold flew."

Roundtime: 17 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the double leather in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic around the double leather. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the leather is as some type of defensive garment.

You sing:

""Three wishes I'll grant to you," the kobold said,
"For I am the dweller of your shoe.
Leather, shield, sword or spell
Or maybe some warm stew.""

Roundtime: 20 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the double leather in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that this leather has been enchanted by a wizard, though you are unable to determine exactly whom.

You sing:

"Michiko thought and rubbed her chin
Then reached in her leather pack
Out she pulled a Whomping Stick
And gave the kobold a wack!"

You learn nothing new about the leather.

Drew2
10-23-2003, 02:38 AM
Yeah I just realized that could have been better.. I didn't even get the enchantment off it. Oh well. I'm going to sleep.

Betheny
10-23-2003, 03:50 AM
TAYRE

STFU

PLZ

THX

Adhara
10-23-2003, 01:29 PM
I dislike songs that are sung to the item.

Example:
diamond ring tell me blah blah
blah blah

What I like is stories. I despise key words because it's hard to incorporate them in a "story" song sometimes. Some fit better than others. The repetitive method works but my definite favorite it the one Tayre explained, the additive I call it. Just include the item name in each verse and you will get all there is to know in sequence.

Creative and witty songs are great, even those in the "old style" (using key words). I just can't stand the:

diamond I hold in my hand
what is your value in this land

Just thinking about it makes me shudder...

[Edited on 10-23-2003 by Adhara]

Chadj
11-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Normally, when i see bards using the "land, hand" type rhymes, i either give em a warning, or cut em down right there and then.. personally, i hate it.
When im doing loresinging jobs for more than one item, i will use my pre-set 4 line songs i have on macro, but if im singing to a single item or something very unique, i tend to put a bit more thought into it and make up a new song.

Hips
11-01-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
You sing:

"Michiko went for a walk one day
To buy herself a clue
But on the way she tripped and fell
And lost her leather shoe."

WTF.

You = dead.

Edaarin
11-01-2003, 03:39 PM
<= Edaarin's bard always went with the hand/land rhyme. Was also a quick gen <g>

Staceyrain
12-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, maybe loresinging could be used for a lot of different things? Try using it to make fun of someone perhaps? (hums a little ditty expressing her devious ideals)

Check the ut wooh thread