PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Simucon info

Taernath
06-14-2003, 07:11 PM
New Races Seminar - Forest Gnomes/Burghal Gnomes · on 6/7/2003 3:29:31 PM 1306

Most history of gnomes were derived from myth. In Ta'Illistim there is a portait? of a small creature with a beard named igno scolome? which is elvish for unknown creature. It is not sure if gnomes originally came from the forest or caves (cave gnomes) but the main forest gnomes do not want anything to do with the cave gnomes. Friend or foe alighnment will allow gnomes to be against cave gnomes.

The main subcultures of forest gnomes

Basingstoke - original clan, nomadic, schism caused separation
Greegair - preferred to settle down, were in caves but preferred the light, fresh air, and outdoors. They tend to worship Imaera, Jaston, Phoen.
Wendwillow - tend to be wanderers who settle down when one of the group likes a place... gypsies???
Rosegift - mostly rangers who are experts with poison weapons, they were exiled when they failed to properly remove the poisoned meat from a deer and killed fellow gnomes
Felcour - a warrior group who settled near Ta'Vaalor, tend to be dark in nature
Angstholm - settled where 3 rivers meet and were wiped out by a flood. They rebuilt a fortress with flood tunnels and tend to hate Imaera

The subcultures of the Burghal Gnomes

A lichen-like plague forced these gnomes out to the light and air which cured them. They tended to settle near Kannellan empire human settlements underground. They would sneak around places like a brewery and steal from ale but then also tinker with the ale to help improve it. It's a somewhat symbiotic relationship. Nowadays in the Turamzzyrian empire they tend to be killed if caught whereas before they were somewhat tolerated.

Withycombe - original group that took to the cities
Winedotters - left the human cities in preference to the elven cities
Aledotters - settle outside of and around Dwarven caves - tend to be the metal merchants of the gnomes
Nylem - pranksters who were forced out by mocking the Month of Mourning (time when the gnomes suffered from the plague???)
Vylem - a cult of Eorgina. The queen is chosen from the most bratty/spoiled pre-adolescent girl who is assisted by a council. The queen remains in reign all her life unless she marries
Neimhean - Assassins. To get in, one must kill someone of great importance. This group is highly loyal - no one leaves

Note: This is the just of what I got on the gnomes. Please excuse any typo's or misinterpretations. :)

Player of Desorceri Incarnatus Faendryl

Kitsun
06-14-2003, 07:14 PM
I believe I recognize some of those Burghal gnome family names from the Dhu Gillywack. Especially Winedotters I believe.

Ilvane
06-15-2003, 07:17 AM
I think the gnomes look interesting. I can't wait for them to be released..:grin:

And yeah, I think the winedotters were on the Gillywack.

-A

Warriorbird
06-28-2003, 12:18 AM
Withycombe, Winedotters, Nylem...all from the Gilly.

Ilvane
06-28-2003, 08:45 AM
I can't wait to make a gnome. Something about this race to me sounds more interesting than the others that are being released.

A forest gnome..getting the story ready already! :grin: A Vylem gnome might be interesting..or a Wendwillow..hmm..I can't wait!

-A

Weedmage Princess
07-04-2003, 01:54 AM
This is too funny...prior to reading this, I planned on making a lil bratty Burghal gnome...Vylem it shall be!

Bobmuhthol
07-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Gnomes will be a great roleplaying race, unlike halflings and giants and whatnot where people think they're roleplaying by talking about tarts all the time, or talking like an idiotic brute. I hate to break it to you: Halflings don't talk about tarts all the time and buy tart-related items because they love tarts so much, and giantmen are not stupid.