PDA

View Full Version : Ice Age Mace that will flare to AS bonus 2x your level

bubbauno
05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Selling the mace version of Jesh's original scimitar..

a blood red mace
-It has a rotating base of 1x-3x
-Flares and stores an AS bonus of 2x your level
-It will KEEP the bonus until you swing it again.. meaning it is possible to use it for defense as a 40x weapon if you are capped.
-Weighs 10 lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are NOT old enough to hold it with the bonus, you can NOT accept it. This is what happens if you try to hand it to a level 99 person:

Tsin offers you a blood red mace. Type ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
>
>accept
As you reach for it, you feel a pulse, like an intensity of essence surrounding the red mace. It might be difficult to hold onto it for very long.

You sing:

"Mace in my hand
Tell me your magic in this land"

The mace's plus seems to fluctuate erratically, though it seems to contain itself between +5 and +15.

Roundtime: 6 sec.

You sing:

"Mace in my hand
Tell me your ability in this land"

You discover that the mace will occaisionally flare with a plus twice that of the wielder's level of expertise.

Roundtime: 7 sec.

Examples:

>mstrike init
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
You explode into a fury of strikes and ripostes, moving with a singular purpose and will!
An Ithzir initiate is awakened by your attack!
You swing a blood red mace at an Ithzir initiate!
AS: +312 vs DS: +250 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +12 = +105
... and hit for 2 points of damage!
A feeble blow to the Ithzir initiate's left arm!

** The aura about the mace glows brighter. **
AS: +317 vs DS: +250 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +80 = +178
... and hit for 48 points of damage!
Knocked sideways several feet by blow to back.
The Ithzir initiate is stunned!

** The aura about the mace grows dimmer. **
AS: +316 vs DS: +248 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +30 = +129
... and hit for 16 points of damage!
Bones in right arm crack.

** The aura about the mace glows intensely bright! **
AS: +503 vs DS: +248 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +47 = +333
... and hit for 85 points of damage!
Blast to hand sends fingers flying in several different directions.
The initiate's crystal-tipped staff falls to the ground.

** The aura about the mace grows dimmer. **

Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you winded and out of position.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Roundtime changed to 4 seconds.
You notice that things have returned to their normal speed.

And that is with only 1 rank in blunt weapons.. Just imagine if you were trained.

Anyone interested can contact me at bubbauno@aol.com or at bubbauno on AIM.

Thanks,
Tsin

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
almost makes me wish I still used blunts.

AnticorRifling
05-22-2006, 08:02 PM
If you have something personal against the seller please use the appropriate thread for voicing said beef. The only thing(s) I allow are those stating factual information, inquiries, bids, no trolling/derailing conversation, etc. Please refrain from posting anything that makes me actually have to work.

I rule with an iron fist. Let the iron fisting begin!

Janarth
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Did the scimitar ever get scaled back? I'm just wondering if I were to use this a lot, would a GM eventually think me using a 40x weapon purely for a 200DS bonus was...well...not something they were going to allow to go on.

bubbauno
05-23-2006, 10:35 AM
I've been using it quite a bit for over a week now... in fact I was making sure that it wouldn't get nerfed before I sold it. The hyenas would claim I knew it was going to be changed or something before I sold it, so I was just making sure that it's ok. If they haven't change it in my hands, I doubt they will in yours.

Janarth
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Nice...

So...do I need enough silver to feed a third world country?

AnticorRifling
05-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I've been using it quite a bit for over a week now... in fact I was making sure that it wouldn't get nerfed before I sold it. The hyenas would claim I knew it was going to be changed or something before I sold it, so I was just making sure that it's ok. If they haven't change it in my hands, I doubt they will in yours.

You can't ensure an item isn't going to be nerfed. And the last sentence....

bubbauno
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
200 million is the price

Janarth
05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
200M? Does that include a guaruntee of full refund if it is ever changed so as NOT to provide 2x your level up to +200 at cap, and hold that if never swung?

Numbers
05-23-2006, 05:07 PM
It should be pretty obvious that a weapon that provides +200 to your defense doesn't really fit into today's game.

Using it "a lot" for a whole week is hardly indication that the GM's won't ever touch this item. I imagine that the GM's will eventually put a cap on how high the boosts can get.

bubbauno
05-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Nope sorry.. With items like these, if they are changed the owner will get a significant amount of compensation depending on the degree of change. This can come in many forms which you can choose from. Sometimes this could include upgrading your own items (adding enchants or padding), creating new items from thin air, or even getting a mansion built in Ta'Illistim for you similar to what happened to Katara. Because the compensation is only for the current owner, there is no way to get back the value that is lost. The only possible way for it to get changed is if it is abused somehow, because I have had no problems with it using it so far. Normally when items are resurfaced and are put back into use they are changed immediately, therefore I don't see it getting changed. However, the person who buys it is taking that risk, and has to be sure not to abuse it or they might find themselves choosing what compensation they would like.

Ardwen
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Jesh's blade was lost so hard to comment on it being changed, Ruriko's ice age undead weapon similar to this was never changed, though it couldnt total 200 total AS addition it could and did hit +120 or so constant AS bonus, it wouldnt go to an enchant greater then you could hold, the scimitar similar to Jesh's blade had another issue that was indeed changed, when a bug affecting a group of weapons was changed, they were totally screwed up when used for 2 weapon combat, granting both extra swings and minimal RT. While noone can guarantee the mace will never be changed, abusing it like most every other item thats been nerfed, is the key.

Ardwen

Things2Come
05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
What could be considered abuse with this weapon?

AestheticDeath
05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Using it in a way that was not intended. Most likely in such a way as to cause a balance issue.

The item was created for a bonus to your attack, in the form of flares. If you were to find a way to make it constant, that would be bad. If you used it soley for defense, well I personally wouldnt call it abuse, but some could, by saying it is being used in a way that it was not intended for.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
And before everyone beats Tsin up, he was talking to me when he got this mace, and it was indeed his intention to test it for awhile to ensure it wouldn't get nerfed.

Things2Come
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Where did it come from?

Latrinsorm
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Where did it come from?The breakage environment.

Skirmisher
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
And before everyone beats Tsin up, he was talking to me when he got this mace, and it was indeed his intention to test it for awhile to ensure it wouldn't get nerfed.

But thats the point.

He can not ensure that it will not get nerfed.

He will not offer a refund should such a nerfing happen.

Nerfing would seem like a good possibility if used in the manner he advertises as it is only when used in that manner that is is worth the price he is charging.

Drew
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
But thats the point.

He can not ensure that it will not get nerfed.

He will not offer a refund should such a nerfing happen.

Nerfing would seem like a good possibility if used in the manner he advertises as it is only when used in that manner that is is worth the price he is charging.

I wouldn't offer a refund if an item got nerfed. If I sold it in good faith, you know what it is, don't hand it to GMs or abuse it. I've got a few items that could be nerfed but aren't because I'm not stupid.

Things2Come
05-25-2006, 12:21 AM
I've got a few items that could be nerfed but aren't because I'm not stupid.

Like what? I don't see why they have a reason to nerf most items.. They were created to be powerful, they should stay that way.

Numbers
05-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Like what? I don't see why they have a reason to nerf most items.. They were created to be powerful, they should stay that way.

When many of these items were created, level 20 was considered an amazing achievement, and level 50 was godlike.

As the game changes, so should the items, when applicable.

Drew
05-25-2006, 01:01 AM
When many of these items were created, level 20 was considered an amazing achievement, and level 50 was godlike.

As the game changes, so should the items, when applicable.

I personally think the items should be left the same. That's one of the main reasons I play the game, otherwise it would be much more boring.

Numbers
05-25-2006, 01:08 AM
The main reason you play the game is because of a dozen or so items such as this mace and Thalior's staff (which, incidentally, was nerfed)?

I'm not saying ALL uber items should be nerfed, as that would be absurd. Most of the uber items in the game are relatively reasonable, even ICE ones. In the case of this mace, though, I highly doubt the GM's ever intended that it could and would be used as a constant +200 to your DS. Remember, when this item was created, it was believed that nobody would ever reach level 100.

Drew
05-25-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't see what it matters? There is only one of this mace. It can't be cloned. It's part of the history of the game. Thalior's staff is ruined, it's worthless (to me, I know some people would buy it still, but I wouldn't). Whenever you destroy these items by ruining them you take away from the history and uniqueness of the game.

Ardwen
05-25-2006, 04:33 AM
In all actuality a majority of the items that have been nerfed thru the years, were way more powerful then what they were created as. More then a few former GMs were known to adjust the abilities of their own items, which is why theres such strict control on alters, enhancements etc they can do both for themsleves and for others. Some of the uber yet illegal items I've seen and turned in to staff members would make you cry. Also in some case people buy these so called illegal items with the intention of getting them nerfed, just to get the compensation they know will come. Knowing the stry behinf Jesh's blade and its sisters, I'm not surprised it exists nor do I think its particularly illegal or even overpowered, its useless for PVP which is the only real way to abuse it, Sure Tsin or whomever owns it is getting 200DS but I'd bet that Tsin doesnt need 200DS for anything, and odds are anyone else that can afford it wouldnt either.

Ardwen

Things2Come
05-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Some of the uber yet illegal items I've seen and turned in to staff members would make you cry.

Ardwen

Tell me more, tell me more, like does he have a car.

But seriously... I'd love to hear about some of those.

StrayRogue
05-25-2006, 05:57 AM
The item where if you turned, poked, raised it would give you exp, fame and silver was pretty sweet.

Tsa`ah
05-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Someone once lifted a slot machine from a GM's room ... waxey leaf, or haste .... pull pull pull ... lots of silver for nothing.

Although it wasn't nerfed (that I know of), there was a ring that pretty much negated the spirit costs of COL signs. I believe the uppities took it upon themselves to deed the owner.

Items like that could cause nothing but havoc and imbalance ... so many opportunites for casters.

StrayRogue
05-25-2006, 07:01 AM
It wasn't a ring, it was a necklace, and it did have a cost - it would randomly kill you every now and then. It still exists as well.

bubbauno
06-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Bump

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I've reported and spoke to a gm demanding this item be nerfed before I buy it.

Caveat Emptor "initiative"

bubbauno
06-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Anyone who has extremely specific questions can ask Ardwen cause he's been testing it extensively for the past week or so.

Liberi Fatali
06-04-2006, 09:25 PM

I purchased a gem encrusted vultite morning star a few weeks after it was sold on the first Phoen's Promise airship (coincidentally, it is for sale by Tsin in another folder here on these boards). I had finally been 'accepted' to receive the list of superior items sent out every so often by Ciston. This particular blunt weapon tickled my fancy, and it just so happened my Cleric was a blunt user.

I purchased it for 10 million silvers, not knowing its 'special' capabilities. Meanwhile, my main character (Jenovadeath) was hunting with Neimanz (spelling?) in the Rift. He had a gem encrusted... broadsword, I think. The edged version of what I purchased. It was the first time I had ever had a hunt with him, and I noticed he swung about 5 times before I could cast a single spell. I asked him where he got the haste, and he told me it was his weapon. I asked him how that was possible, and he told me it had 0 roundtime.

Sure enough, I switched over to the Cleric and did what he told me to do -- and it worked. The roundtime sentence one usually receives when they swing wasn't there. It just showed the "you swing, the numbers, the damage, and the message" and that was it. The way to initiate this 'bug' was to type: AMBUSH. If you typed KILL or ATTACK, it did not work. You also had to have a certain type of gem in the hilt (diamond, pearl, emerald or ruby, I believe). This is how I stumbled upon the second 'bug' with the weapon.

Normally, each gem lasts 100 swings. You plop it into the hilt, and it's supposed to remain there. I found that if you pressed it in, and then attempted to remove it, it would let you. So you could essentially 'refresh' your 100 swing period whenever you wanted, giving you permanent 0 roundtime.

I'll admit, I abused the hell out of this weapon. Of course, I was assured by the other two owners of similar weapons that the GMs knew about it but weren't going to fix it. I took my Cleric to Teras and absolutely man-handled the wasp nests. I'd attack the nest lightly, and then just hammer the 'ambush wasp' into the game. My fame literally went through the roof. It was here I ran into the 'infamous' Bard, Scintillion and his 100 man slave army. He was doing the same thing I was, basically, except he was using haste II (when it could completely negate your roundtime).

Not only did you receive 0 ambush roundtime, but the gems offered other capabilities with such a feature -- you could have permablessed 0 ambush roundtime, crit/damage weighted 0 ambush roundtime, etc. None of the flaring gems offered the roundtime, however, but you didn't really need flares anyway.

Sadly, I had offers of 200 million+ and turned them down (I should have taken them at the time). I stupidly let my friend borrow it, and he tried to steal it. Well, he DID steal it. He refused to give it back, saying I 'let him have it'. I then rolled up a Warrior and got him to the Guild age, and then learned one rank of disarm. I stalked this guy (Jaeden and Zentalin, if anyone remembers them) constantly, waiting for him to pull it out. Finally, he did, and I had Jenovadeath invisible. I webbed him, turning his disarm defense into +0, and then knocked it out of his hands (this is entirely against policy, but the GMs wouldn't help me out to retrieve it back). HE then had the nerve to report me, saying I stole HIS weapon. Needless to say, I do believe this is how these weapons got nerfed. The GM in question knew about its capabilities, and I believe put a strong foot down to get it 'nerfed'.

Now, of course, it doesn't offer the 0 ambush roundtime, and the gem is stuck in the hilt once you press it. I had the weapon from 1998 until 2006, as I just sold it not too long ago.

The warrior I rolled up, by the way, I got to level 30 in almost a record-setting time. This was in 1998, mind. I knew the weapon gave 0 ambush roundtime, so I made him train in blunt weapons. The cheaty part of this was that I put him in full plate as soon as he could hold the star. Save for dodging maneuvers, which I avoided such creatures, he had 0 ambush roundtime and was ENTIRELY not trained for his armour. It was brilliant, like.

The nerf to the weapon came unexpectedly in 1999, if I recall correctly. No warning, no nothing. No one even told me it got nerfed. I went out to use it one day, and it didn't do it anymore. I wept.

Slark
06-04-2006, 10:42 PM
While that was a good story, I don't believe it's exactly what Things2Come had in mind. You were exploiting a bug which wasn't in the design of the weapon (presumably) - the sword/mace/whatever was created to be powerful, but not THAT powerful.

Drew
06-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah the 0 RT bug on those, perma-haste II, they were amazingly powerful at the time. Bad call on loaning it to anyone though, a lot of people will just screw you over.

bubbauno
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Bump