PDA

View Full Version : Darkness

allen
05-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Having trouble with darknessing out from EN, I've used the website before to pull the levers accordingly, not letting me out, any ideas?

Praefection
05-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't know if you still need this but here's the trick.

Taillistim

Darkness enfolds and surrounds you...
[Cavern]
The sound of dripping water echoes off of the rough walls of the cave. Large torches burn wildly, causing shadows to dance across the uneven stone surfaces. A few steps lead up to an old altar that stands against one wall. In the other direction, the light fades away into a deep, dark cavern. Small mirrors are scattered along the wall of a large shaft that leads upward into blackness, and one large mirror is suspended just above the rock floor directly underneath the shaft. You also see a passage leading into darkness.
Obvious paths: none.
You feel drained!

::go steps::

[Cavern, Altar]
An old, dusty altar is set in the center of this small raised area. The wall behind the altar is bare except for a row of five rickety colored levers connected to a thick rope which leads upward. The torch light flickers ominously across the walls and pillars that brace the heavy stone ceiling. You also see some steps.
Obvious paths: none.

look altar

There is a strange grid on the altar. Five rows are labeled with numbers and five columns are labeled with colors. A red glow illuminates Yellow 4, Blue 3, Brown 3, Red 4, and Green 1

Now you have to pull each lever until they match the corresponding number. Better be fast as the positions change place after a couple of minutes!

pull yellow lever

You pull a yellow lever. The rope connected to the levers twists somewhat, and you hear a distant groaning of turning gears. The lever is now in the fourth position.

pull blue lever

You pull a blue lever. The rope connected to the levers twists somewhat, and you hear a distant groaning of turning gears. The lever is now in the third position.

pull brown lever

You pull a brown lever. The rope connected to the levers twists somewhat, and you hear a distant groaning of turning gears. The lever is now in the third position.

pull red lever

You pull a red lever. The rope connected to the levers twists somewhat, and you hear a distant groaning of turning gears. The lever is now in the fourth position.

pull green lever

You pull a green lever. The rope connected to the levers twists somewhat, and you hear a distant groaning of turning gears. The lever is now in the first position.

To get out: go steps, go passage, go opening, out, e, e, e, e, go grate, n, n, n, e, n, go hall. You are in the Hall of Patrons!

drigore
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I know all the puzzles, and this is the script I use to get out of every darkness place to the main part of town, or into CoL. It also has all the answers. The only place I'm not sure about is Teras, but that's one of the best places to figure out or do manually anyway. It's in Wizard format.

allen
05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I know all the puzzles, and this is the script I use to get out of every darkness place to the main part of town, or into CoL. It also has all the answers. The only place I'm not sure about is Teras, but that's one of the best places to figure out or do manually anyway. It's in Wizard format.

Nice man, thank you. Worked perfectly.