PDA

View Full Version : Gotham?

Kefka
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
"The only reason we are in bad financial condition is because of Albany," he said, citing the $3.5 billion in taxes the city pays to Albany but isn't returned in funding. "We just want our own money back."

Vallone, an ambitious politicians and son of the former council speaker Peter Vallone, wants a citywide referendum to create a commission to study secession and the creation of a "Greater New York."

Personally, he likes the idea of calling the new state -- which would be the 10th largest in the union -- Gotham or just New York.

http://www.amny.com/news/politics/am-secess0515,0,4807095.story?track=mostemailedlink

I wonder how much of a Dem stronghold New York would be without NYC.

Stanley Burrell
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
I'd personally love to declare war on another inferior region of New York.

SINY can't be a part of the brigade because they already tried to secede.

Although, special exceptions regarding the Wu-Tang Clan would still be made in defeating those upstate hicks.

Shaaoooolin!

Some Rogue
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I wonder how much of a Dem stronghold New York would be without NYC.

I would imagine there are statistics out there to find out. I know they do the same kind of thing with Illinois and Chicago. Chicago would be an overwhelming blue state and the rest of Illinois would be an overwhelming red state heh.

Daniel
05-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Illinois wouldn't be a state without chicago

Snapp
05-16-2006, 12:18 PM
I would imagine there are statistics out there to find out. I know they do the same kind of thing with Illinois and Chicago. Chicago would be an overwhelming blue state and the rest of Illinois would be an overwhelming red state heh.
I think it'd be the same with most cities/states. If it weren't for our one city (lol), Delaware would be red too.

Wezas and Tijay shut up.

Some Rogue
05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Illinois wouldn't be a state without chicago

I've lived in both Chicago and southern Illinois. I'll take southern Illinois any day.

Kefka
05-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Would be wierd. If Gotham became it's own state, would the boroughs become cities? I can understand the title Gotham City, but try writing Brooklyn, Gotham as an address.