PDA

View Full Version : Aelotoi Simucon info

Taernath
06-14-2003, 06:22 PM
New Races Seminar - Aelotoi · on 6/7/2003 3:09:40 PM 1304

With GM Ozias and GM Pandoreh

There wasn't much stated about the Aelotoi. They did redo the images of them since there were complaints about them being too cartoonish.

The wings will not allow them to fly but will be manipulated. Ozias referenced them to being similar to mood rings. They will change color based on mood.

Aelotoi will not be able to be cleric or paladins (by GM Warden) professions in the beginning since they are not familiar with the dieties. How long till they can wasn't stated.

It was stated that some of the requests for culture history that have been denied thus far to existing races may be incorporated into the history for the new cultures/races.

Player of Desorceri Incarnatus Faendryl

Warriorbird
06-28-2003, 12:20 AM
You see Moodringwing the Aelotoi.

Weedmage Princess
07-04-2003, 01:57 AM
I think it's a real bummer that the Aelotoi can not fly. I understand that it probably would take a lot of work, so it's probably not feesible now...but hopefully someday in the future it would be able to be done.

Bobmuhthol
07-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Their little ant wings can't support their weight, and it would cause the greatest game unbalance ever. If your stupid race can fly, you have to have other races able to shoot crossbows into the air and kill them instantly, with no failure ever. And I don't think you want that.

Weedmage Princess
07-04-2003, 07:07 PM
There are ways around that. There are other FRPGs that have a race with the ability to fly. As I've said previously, it would take a lot of time, thought and energy to make it all balance out, but it *could* be done.