PDA

View Full Version : And the ship continues to sink

Apathy
05-11-2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/11/nsa.phonerecords.ap/index.html

Doh.

Gan
05-11-2006, 11:58 AM
We have a politics folder by the way. Use it.

Wezas
05-11-2006, 12:00 PM
They're gonna see all those calls you made to 1-900-976-FEET now.

Parkbandit
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM

Doh.

I read the article twice.. I didn't see a single ship.

WTF!?

AnticorRifling
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
If by read it twice you mean got three words in, fell asleep, woke up confused as to your location and then spent the next 30 minutes bitching about your lack of prunes and how good things were way back when.

Parkbandit....looking for a ship since he got off the Mayflower.

Skirmisher
05-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Whippersnappers!

Parkbandit
05-12-2006, 04:37 PM

Doh.

I was hoping some of the other ignorant liberals would jump on this story.. but alas.. no.

So I guess I can only make fun of Apathy.

Dear Apathy,

Know who started this program with the NSA? Billy Clinton. It was reported on 60 minutes 7 years ago that it was going on.

HAHAHA.. u r dum.

Gan
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Well its in practically every major news headlines...

Verizon and Bell South are denying that they have sent the NSA anything resembling phone records.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/16/news/companies/verizon/index.htm?cnn=yes

Those imaginary holes in imaginary sinking ships are a bitch arent they? Especially when they are derived from 'anonomyous' sources.

:whistle:

Apathy
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
I was hoping some of the other ignorant liberals would jump on this story.. but alas.. no.

Dear Apathy,

Know who started this program with the NSA? Billy Clinton. It was reported on 60 minutes 7 years ago that it was going on.

HAHAHA.. u r dum.

LOL you watch 60 minutes.

Geezer.

Gan
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Great rebuttal.

Kefka
05-17-2006, 12:47 PM

Dear Apathy,

HAHAHA.. u r dum.

Are you referring to CALEA?

Parkbandit
05-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Are you referring to CALEA?

The program is called Echelon.. and it was started in the 1990's under then President Bill Clinton.

People bitch and moan that we were unable to connect the dots prior to 9-11 and maybe prevent it from happening.. and now they bitch that we have a program that helps them connect the dots.

I've come to the realization that 90% of the people in this country are retards... including about 96% of all politicians that don't give two shits about anything except getting re-elected.

Parkbandit
05-17-2006, 01:26 PM
LOL you watch 60 minutes.

Geezer.

Better an informed geezer than a half wit dipshit that jumps up and screams against that which they are completely ignorant about.

Apathy
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Better an informed geezer than a half wit dipshit that jumps up and screams against that which they are completely ignorant about.

:)

You forgot angry. Angry informed geezer.

You are 100% right. Sadly I think I can recall seeing that 60 minutes episode, but it may have just been a clip on the local news also (hopefully). Unfortunetly, most of us half-wits will not know it, choose to ignore it, or bring up the fact that Bush stole the 2000 election (I heard people's minds get slower as they age - that's a joke in case you missed it).

ANYWAYS The latest: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/17/nsa/index.html

Ok, they're accessing public records on who calls whom at what time from where. Perfectly legal. How in the hell does that gather any kind of intelligence? Calling to/from a foreign country? Ok, that makes sense. Calling from South Dakota to Florida not so much. They HAVE to be listening to SOME of these phone calls in order for the program to have any effectiveness.

Now, most quarter-wits would jump to the conclusion that "We've been lied to!" Luckily for me, I'm a half-wit, and have 3 times the brain power of those people.

The next step is to ask the question "Does repeated calling from one location to another warrant a legal wire tapping?"

I don't know :shrug: I would really like to know. If it does, that has major consequences, not the least of which would be the NSA is completely law-abiding. If it isn't, then why are they collecting just phone records without listening when we already established that can't prove anything?

More importantly, the timing of this story is right in line with Hayden's nomination. I can see the snow job a-coming. My question to this is it from the side that wants us to focus on Hayden allowing this to happen, or the side that wants us to focus on this issue so we completely miss something else.

I was the child that annoyed the shit out of you by asking why 19 times in a row.

Gan
05-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd like to make a motion to rename the Politics folder to the following:

-Conspiracy Theories Run Amuck-

I'd like to make a motion to rename the title of this thread to the following:

-Bush is the Devil and I'm talking out of my ass, even though I can't prove the former, my words have proved the latter.-

Parkbandit
05-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I'd like to make a motion to rename the Politics folder to the following:

-Conspiracy Theories Run Amuck-

-Bush is the Devil and I'm talking out of my ass, even though I can't prove the former, my words have proved the latter.-

LOL.

I was thinking maybe:

Backlash and Warriorbird's Reality

Back
05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
LOL.

I was thinking maybe:

Backlash and Warriorbird's Reality

Yeesh, how about...

Denial ain’t a River in Egypt!

xtc
05-17-2006, 04:44 PM
The program is called Echelon.. and it was started in the 1990's under then President Bill Clinton.

People bitch and moan that we were unable to connect the dots prior to 9-11 and maybe prevent it from happening.. and now they bitch that we have a program that helps them connect the dots.

I've come to the realization that 90% of the people in this country are retards... including about 96% of all politicians that don't give two shits about anything except getting re-elected.

Echelon was created under Clinton's watch it was used against foreign companies and foriegners primarily. Clinton's program was done in compliance with FISA. George Tenet, then Director of the CIA, testified that they couldn't eavesdrop on American citizens without a warrant.

It is Bush who has allowed spying against Americans on American soil without being compliant with FISA and without a warrant.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200605120018

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,47006,00.html

Apathy
05-17-2006, 08:01 PM

I wish I could agree with you. Hillary Clinton is the devil. As much as I dislike GW, or as I call him "lil' Bush" I would sign an amendment to vote him in a third term before I voted for her.

Motion denied!

Warriorbird
05-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Hillary Clinton's bribing Rupert Murdoch. The Republicans better watch their backs.

Gan
05-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I wish I could agree with you. Hillary Clinton is the devil. As much as I dislike GW, or as I call him "lil' Bush" I would sign an amendment to vote him in a third term before I voted for her.

Motion denied!

:lol:

Allright, no fillibuster this round.

Back
05-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I’m going to second that with a hearty “Aye.” Or should that be Nay? No Hillary in 06 is what I agree with.