PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts II

Back
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Anyone else playing this?

I never played Kingdom Hearts, so its all new to me. Some people recommended it so I decided to get this one. It started off kinda slow, but now its getting more interesting.

Skeeter
05-08-2006, 11:16 PM
playing video games designed for young girls may or may not make you gay. or a pedophile.

more research needed

Sean of the Thread
05-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Actually my wife played those.. skeet may have a point. Didn't you have a sleep over with Bobmuthol not to long ago? ... jesus juice??

Back
05-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Anyone else have any particularly nasty trolling they want to get out before we have a serious discussion?

I’ll vote on which is the most juvenile.

Hips
05-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I beat it tonight. It's not as good as the first one, but still pretty good. And I enjoyed the Cloud/Setzer/Sephiroth/Axel/etc. eyecandy.

Back
05-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I beat it tonight. It's not as good as the first one, but still pretty good. And I enjoyed the Cloud/Setzer/Sephiroth/Axel/etc. eyecandy.

FFVII, Advent Children reference, which I saw today. Not bad. Never played it though. I own it, but it is too low tech for me to get into after Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and FFX.

As for KHII...

It starts slow so I have only just gotten into it after long pauses between other things. I compare it to FFX because these are the only two RPG games I’ve played on playstation in a long time, unless you count Onimusha (which rocks.)

I think I prefer the combat system of FFX... I don’t know if I always collect all the goods after a battle.

One thing I do like better than FFX is the Gummi Ship vs. Blitzball. Gummi Ship rocks like Galaga.

Also, its cool seeing all the Disney movie/video game chars make cameos. Yen Sid? Backwards for Disney. There was even a Nightmare Before Christmas cameo.

Numbers
05-09-2006, 12:09 AM
The first one was much better. I'd recommend picking that up and playing through that before the second. It'd help explain a lot of the story in the second one, which gets very convoluted (and stupid) towards the end. The first one was also a lot more challenging than the second one.

There's also a gameboy game that explains what happens between the first and the second one, but it's a pretty crappy game. Better to just read a story synopsis so you're not all confused.

Back
05-09-2006, 12:22 AM
The first one was much better. I'd recommend picking that up and playing through that before the second. It'd help explain a lot of the story in the second one, which gets very convoluted (and stupid) towards the end. The first one was also a lot more challenging than the second one.

There's also a gameboy game that explains what happens between the first and the second one, but it's a pretty crappy game. Better to just read a story synopsis so you're not all confused.

Yeah, there is kind of a back story, but not much. I guess I don’t care so long as the current story is interesting enough. The game is really simple, so I like that. It reminds me of Zelda actually.

Like with watching Advent Children, I had no idea who anyone was, but they carried the story along decently. Then I went back and played FFVII and realized who everyone was. What a change between pixel to CGI.

FFX held its own as a story as well. You didn’t need to know all the past FF games to play it and get involved.

Numbers
05-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Well, that's one of the things about FF games. Aside from X and X-2, all of the Final Fantasies have completely independent stories that are completely unrelated to eachother and just have gameplay similarities (chocobos, magic, etc.)

KH1 and 2, on the other hand, are very interconnected. At the start of the game, especially throughout the Roxas tutorial, the story doesn't really play a role. But later on, especially towards the middle and end, if you don't know anything about the story of the first game, you won't have a clue what's going on.

Back
05-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Ah fuck it, I’m going to go build a Gummi Ship now.

Hips
05-09-2006, 12:51 AM
That's another thing I hated... the beginning tutorial with Roxas takes FOREVER.