PDA

View Full Version : Base mana

AestheticDeath
05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
I was wondering what is used to calculate base mana numbers.

The wizard I just started is lvl 9 now, and I was playing around with the harness power to see what I should do as far as max mana. I went down to zero ranks and realized i had 11 base mana. After looking at my stats, I was confused at how I came across 11 mana... But I think the HP is 3 mana up to your lvl, then 1 mana per rank after that. Odd that you can get the extra two ranks over your lvl but not the extra 5 mana.

I had assumed Aura had something to do with it, but its at 98 with a 24 bonues.

Edit: While I am at it... anyone have some good tips for wizards? Hunting areas, and or tactics? I just learned Hand of tonis turns into a very useful bolt spell with air lore. What other spells are affected by lores like this? The GS guide only says you get access to more spells than the normal person.

Bobmuhthol
05-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Info start should reveal that your level 0 aura bonus was 22 or 23.

Base mana does not change. It is your initial mana bonus (aura for wizards) / 2 and truncated.

Harness Power does grant 3 mana per rank up to level and 1 mana per rank above level.

AestheticDeath
05-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks

Seems stupid that the base mana doesn't change. I could have sworn the mana from the stat bonus would change as they went up in GS3.

Drew
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks

Seems stupid that the base mana doesn't change. I could have sworn the mana from the stat bonus would change as they went up in GS3.

It did for a long time in GS4 too but they changed it and called it a "bug fix". Some people lost 20-30 mana.