PDA

View Full Version : Half-krol Simucon info

Taernath
06-14-2003, 06:17 PM
More half-krol info · on 6/11/2003 5:39:35 PM 1390

I took notes, gotta use em!

BACKSTORY:
The pure krolvin come from Glaeveln, a frozen island in ocean wastes northwest of Pinefar. Our krolvin hero Krintaur started his breeding program on Glaeveln. The pure krol were disgusted by this and Krintaur was an arrogant one, so he left Glaeveln in 4081.

Being a very wealthy and powerful krolvin, with big ships and much treasure, Krintaur left to establish his own island of Krint (nice egotistical name there!) to further enslave and continue his breeding program. He enslaved those of all races, yet was only successful in breeding pure krolvin with humans and dwarves (humans moreso, I believe). Elfs cannot breed with krolvin.

in 4408 the militaristic clan (see below for very little more info on the clans) killed Krintaur and some half-krol escaped from Krint. I -think- this is what Pandoreh meant, but this doesn't explain where they've been in the meantime. Perhaps they killed him and took over, staying on Krint. Of course, that could and should be part of the beauty of unravelling the WON quest. It also means that krolvin can live for hundreds of years, unless Krintaur is like the "Scarbeard" phenomenon in that there are many of them to carry on the folktale of one very powerful krolvin. (hrmmm!!)

CLANS:
There are five clans:
shipbuilding - the obvious, as krolvin are also shipbuilders.
militaristic - this clan is the one that revolted and killed Krintaur.
magical
4 & 5 - dunno dunno!

RELIGION:
They were exposed to religious information by the slaves. Yet nothing has been firmly stated that the krolvin follow or don't follow any particular Arkati. In recent RR events, the insane krolvin Sankir has made disparaging remarks that the Arkati are weak and so forth. It wasn't stated yes or no that this is the half-krolvin philosophy as well. The question of roleplaying this aspect was left to the players of half-krol to integrate and flesh out their characterizations.

PARIAH-NESS:
The Landing, being a frontier town, will probably not be as discriminating against the half-krol as the Elven Nations, for example. A few players requested specific racial-bans in some towns like the EN, for realism. The GMs seemed receptive to that idea.

APPEARANCE/FEATURES:
The half-krolvin will have some cold-resistance. They will have grey/blue-tinged skin, and sloping foreheads. They can have dark eyes (like pure krolvin) or blue/grey eyes.

They have a lifespan similar to humans.

They are a mostly physical class, as evidenced by their racial bonuses, excelling as warriors and rogues. This makes sense because that's the reason they were initially bred by Krintaur. There is a magical clan. I imagine they evolved and utilized magic within their military. We've seen a lot of magic use by the krolvin NPCs in the WON: Czag Dubra quest portion, including harnessing the comet's power and black magic, and all the professions we normally see for regular players.

**When I pressed about shoulder/back hair, that was not in the plans. So I want to press it again. A patch of shoulder hair, as in the info originally released where that is a defining feature, as in removing their shirt to expose their half-krolvin blood. I think this is doable (back tattoo spot comes to mind, of course) and would greatly enhance roleplay. A proud half-krol could display, and more incognito types could cover up. Of course, if we could bristle our back hair, I'd fall on the floor and kiss someones feet. Mmmhmm.**

VERBS:
As dwarfs have the grunt list, half-krolvin should have a growl or bark list. Those two were the most frequently repeated in the forum.

**Suggest growls, barks, what have you. They also were very receptive to this idea too.**

Thanks so much Pandoreh for letting me bother you further. Sorry Ozias that gnomes got so much more cool info but I'm too hazy to transcribe... though listening to your presentation, I'm beginning to want a gnome too!

Decisions, decisions! :P

(MG)

Ilvane
06-15-2003, 12:19 PM
The thought of half-krolvin made me cringe at first, but this does sound interesting. Not something I'd likely play, but should be fun to see how people roleplay it.

-A

CrystalTears
06-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Just as long as they don't go down the totally ape/monkey edge. As in "eep, eep"ing and bouncing around in trees. :rolleyes:

AnticorRifling
06-16-2003, 12:05 AM
If they go total planet of the apes I'm gonna sag my drawers, rip my shirt and be the GS Marky Mark.

Skaster
06-16-2003, 03:24 AM
Do you have the racial bonuses?

Neildo
06-16-2003, 06:32 AM
http://www.play.net/gs3/news/gemstone_iv/racial_bonuses.asp

Weedmage Princess
07-04-2003, 01:50 AM
The mention of their "Pariah-ness" makes me wonder about the culture listing. I'd think they'd be pariahs as well...I mean they should be atleast, if half-elves are. I tend to think people overall would be more receptive to a half elf than a half Krol.

Bobmuhthol
07-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Half-Krolvins would be respected, and Half-Elves are stupid half breeds. I know my character would cheer every time he saw a Half-Krolvin, but he strictly hates elves of all kind. He especially hates the Sylphs and Half-Elves.

(took out a double-word typo)

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

Weedmage Princess
07-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Half-Krolvins would be respected, and Half-Elves are stupid half breeds. I know my character would cheer every time he saw a Half-Krolvin, but he strictly hates elves of all kind. He especially hates the Sylphs and Half-Elves.

(took out a double-word typo)

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

Be that as it may, that's just your opinion and/or the opinion of your character, Bobmuhthol. I'm pretty sure that most people would be more tolerant, if not accepting, of Half Elves than they would of Half Krol. You would be the minority.

CrystalTears
07-04-2003, 07:16 PM
It would make sense that half-krolvin would be MORE of a pariah than half-elves. Krolvins are known to be a threat to Elanthian towns for years, why would people all of a sudden be tolerant and unweary of such people just because they have some human in them now?

peam
07-12-2003, 07:32 PM
I started a dwarf character for the simple pleasure of being anti-HalfKrolvin. I'm working on a storyline for the group that I intend to form. I'll post more on here when it's finished.