PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Kennedy drives drunk, crashes. No, not that one, the other one.

Drew
05-05-2006, 05:37 AM
http://www.wusatv.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49033

CrystalTears
05-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Real smooth of him to not take a breathalyzer test, now we'll never know if his story of being on Ambien and such is true. Not like driving drunk would be a surprise anyway.

Jorddyn
05-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Driving drunk is stupid.

Driving drunk when you're rich enough to buy a cab company is stupider.

Driving drunk when you're rich enough to buy a cab company, and you're supposed to be a representative of the people breaks the stupid scale.

Jorddyn

Caiylania
05-05-2006, 09:10 AM
all drunk drivers are lame and deserve what they get. Sadly it is usually other people on the road who get the punishment.

Skirmisher
05-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Poor little rich boy.

Latrinsorm
05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I like how his excuse is "I wasn't on THIS particular drug that inhibits driving, I was on this OTHER drug that inhibits driving, God, relax." Classy. Though it's about what I'd expect from one of those filthy Rhode Islanders.

Apathy
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Kennedy is a Greek name meaning "able to shit on those beneath you."

Warriorbird
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Stupid rich people doing stupid things will happen forever. Republicans wouldn't nearly care so much if it was the Bush daughters again. Stupid from anybody.

CrystalTears
05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Stupid is as stupid does, on both sides.

DeV
05-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh goody.

- Rep. Patrick Kennedy is checking himself into a rehabilitation unit, CNN learns.

Warriorbird
05-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Rep. Patrick Kennedy - Sizzurp Sipper. Next on Geraldo!

Drew
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Stupid rich people doing stupid things will happen forever. Republicans wouldn't nearly care so much if it was the Bush daughters again. Stupid from anybody.

You know the funny thing is that I resisted making some Warriorbird-esque partisan snipe when posting. And with the Kennedy's it's just so easy. But thanks for coming in here and proving yourself up to the task of throwing mud once again.

Warriorbird
05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Pff. I followed it up with bagging on Kennedy. It still stands though. I doubt you'd have posted it if it was a Republican.

CrystalTears
05-05-2006, 03:31 PM
If every Bush descendant was stupid enough to get caught drinking and driving and being found with hookers, you can bet we'd be talking about it.

Some Rogue
05-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Not to mention, I don't ever recall the Bush daughters being elected to any office.

Wezas
05-05-2006, 03:55 PM
He's checked himself into rehab already.

Warriorbird
05-05-2006, 04:25 PM
The Kennedy family is huge. To say "every member" is ridiculous.

Neil Bush helped the SNL scandal spiral out of control. Prescott Bush made the Nazis and himself hideous amounts of money. Joe Kennedy was a bootlegger.

:shrugs:

It evens itself out. Rich political families are generally full of messed up individuals.

The president has a DUI (arguably 2). He's been elected to an office.

Drew
05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
The president has a DUI (arguably 2). He's been elected to an office.

After he renounced drinking, not while in elected office.

Skirmisher
05-05-2006, 05:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060505/ap_on_go_co/patrick_kennedy;_ylt=Ah3_206QCegPiXC.ad44MOGs0NUE; _ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

The congressman's father, Sen. Edward Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass., issued a statement saying he was proud of his son for admitting his problem and taking steps to correct it.

"He has taken full responsibility for events that occurred ... and he will continue to cooperate fully with any investigation," the elder Kennedy said.

Wow, so he is proud that his son for doing the first right thing in that entire article which was take responsibility for his actions.

It's what you are supposed to do! He makes it out as if it's some heroic feat.

What about being so high out of his mind he doesn't even remember driving his car, or so he says.

I guess as long as you don't hit and kill someone or drive off a bridge abandoning some poor woman to drowning it's considered a good night in the Kennedy houshold.

Latrinsorm
05-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Best of luck getting clean, Congressman D-bag! :)

Gan
05-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Thank god he didnt inhale too.

I mean seriously.

:rolleyes:

I dont know whats worse, what the politicians have to go through when something stupid like this happens, or the fact that the general public is so hypocritical in its judgement of said politicians. I hate the damage control that gets puked out to the media when stuff like this happens... just own up to it, say it was stupid, and move on or move out.

Ilvane
05-05-2006, 07:20 PM
We're all perfect..right?

Check this out though, in case you might be interested, rather than jumping on him. He said he had been taking Ambien and another drug..

http://www.greaterboston.tv/features/gb_20060316_ambien.html

http://sleepdisorders.about.com/od/medication/a/ambien_driver.htm

Angela

Latrinsorm
05-05-2006, 07:26 PM
He said he had been taking Ambien and another drug..
Yes Ilvane, we're well aware of that, that's why one of us posted "I like how his excuse is "I wasn't on THIS particular drug that inhibits driving, I was on this OTHER drug that inhibits driving, God, relax." Classy." Do try to keep up.

Ravenstorm
05-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Maybe he'll get the bed next to Rush. Don't all the rich, white addicts go to the same place after they get busted?

Sean of the Thread
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I've taken ambien. It often causes you to hallucinate and says pretty cleary in the instructions TO BE IN BED BEFORE even taking the damned thing. It's a pretty hard core sleeping pill.

He should be charged with a DUI plain and simple for just admitting being on it while behing behind the vehicle.

Skirmisher
05-05-2006, 08:55 PM

Angela

No perfection here.

Just knowledge of the fact that if it had not been one of the "chosen" he would not have gotten a free pass home but would have ended up in jail and rightfully so.

Skirmisher
05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Maybe he'll get the bed next to Rush. Don't all the rich, white addicts go to the same place after they get busted?

Times have changed Raven!

Rich people of all colours get preferential treatment now.

Sure skin colour still matters in some cases, but the colour of your money reigns supreme.

DeV
05-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Rich political families are generally full of messed up individuals.
QFT

Tsa`ah
05-06-2006, 03:08 PM
I really don't care if the guys is a rep or a dem ... he's a fucktard for driving under the influence of anything.

It's just another example of voter apathy at it's best.

Of course THE LAST FUCKING PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH that has any room to talk about such things, aka Rush Limbaugh, had plenty to say about Kennedy and his voluntary check in to rehab.

Parkbandit
05-06-2006, 06:22 PM

LOL.

Best diversionary tactic ever. When I saw this thread, I was like "I wonder how Backlash and Warriorbird will "justify it" and try to put down the Republicans at the same time.

Well played.

Parkbandit
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM

Check this out though, in case you might be interested, rather than jumping on him. He said he had been taking Ambien and another drug..

http://www.greaterboston.tv/features/gb_20060316_ambien.html

http://sleepdisorders.about.com/od/medication/a/ambien_driver.htm

Angela

The problem is.. IF he was under the influence of Ambien and whatever nausea medicine as he claimed.. Why wouldn't he DEMAND a breathalizer test? If I were in politics.. I certainly would have gotten one.

Since he didn't do this, it smells of a rich boy getting off and making an excuse to avoid prosecution.

Parkbandit
05-06-2006, 06:28 PM

HAHAHAHAHAA.

And Warriorbird was just one upped.

Again, well played. I forgot all about you Ravenstorm.

Ravenstorm
05-06-2006, 06:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHAA.

And Warriorbird was just one upped.

Again, well played. I forgot all about you Ravenstorm.

Are you somehow under the impression from my one very clear statement that I am justifying what he did? Rich, white men who commit drug crimes get off. Poor black men who do the same thing go to jail. Though as Skirm said, skin color has become less important than money when determining whether you get jail time or not.

Perhaps if you weren't such an apologist for the conservative Republicans, you wouldn't automatically attribute the same motivation to others.

Now be a good boy and go back to following your New Years Eve resolution.

Skirmisher
05-06-2006, 06:57 PM
LOL.

Best diversionary tactic ever. When I saw this thread, I was like "I wonder how Backlash and Warriorbird will "justify it" and try to put down the Republicans at the same time.

Well played.

You can't say I tried to justify anything but I still think all the crap that the Bush daughters got away with was pathetic.

All of thse people who abuse their positions of power disgust me.

Latrinsorm
05-06-2006, 08:13 PM
To be fair, it isn't necessarily the case that either the Bush daughters or this Kennedy fellow were actively abusing their power. If the law enforcement officials involved become cowed through no action of the perpetrators, it's probably unlikely that the perpetrators can demand to be arrested (and in Kennedy's case, he was probably too doped up to even realize he was being accosted). It's still a problem, but not as big a problem as active abuse of power.

xtc
05-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Are you somehow under the impression from my one very clear statement that I am justifying what he did? Rich, white men who commit drug crimes get off. Poor black men who do the same thing go to jail. Though as Skirm said, skin color has become less important than money when determining whether you get jail time or not.

Perhaps if you weren't such an apologist for the conservative Republicans, you wouldn't automatically attribute the same motivation to others.

Poor white boys go to jail as well. Money is the great equaliser (excluding some States)

xtc
05-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I really don't care if the guys is a rep or a dem ... he's a fucktard for driving under the influence of anything.

It's just another example of voter apathy at it's best.

Of course THE LAST FUCKING PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH that has any room to talk about such things, aka Rush Limbaugh, had plenty to say about Kennedy and his voluntary check in to rehab.

I agree with almost all of your post. Kennedy is a fucktard who should be rotting in a jail cell along with daddy dearest, the murderer.

Now far be it for me to defend Limbaugh but here goes. There is a big difference between taking oxycotton in your home and drinking and taking prescription drugs and climbing behind the wheel of a large automobile. Kennedy is lucky he didn't kill anyone and he received preferential treatment. Limbaugh was charged but cut a deal. The big difference being Limbaugh wasn't driving.

Stanley Burrell
05-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Rich, white men who commit drug crimes get off. Poor black men who do the same thing go to jail.

If by get off you do not refer to something sexual or prosecution-free, then I am going to have to disagree with you.

I've seen an entirely obvious high black, low white population in a center of drug/psychiatric rehabilitation.

Conversing with several individuals, both of the higher and lower melanin concentrations, it was my understanding that there existed an equal percentage of individuals being mandated for treatment to avoid incarceration within both parties.

The particular dual-diagnosis facility I speak of was located in a predominantly middle/lower class white and Hispanic urban environment, as well.

2¢, and not saying that this stands as a reflection of a more general indulgency of the issue.

Stanley Burrell.

Parkbandit
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM

No. Here's the difference between you and me.

SENARIO A: DEMOCRAT GETS DUI FOR TAKING DRUGS

You: It's bad, but Republicans are just as bad.
Me: He's a dumbass and hope he gets the book thrown at him

SENARIO B: REPUBLICAN GETS DUI FOR TAKING DRUGS

You: FUCKING REPUBLICANS! THEY FUCKING ARE CORRUPT AND THIS PROVES IT!!

Sean of the Thread
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree with almost all of your post. Kennedy is a fucktard who should be rotting in a jail cell along with daddy dearest, the murderer.

Now far be it for me to defend Limbaugh but here goes. There is a big difference between taking oxycotton in your home and drinking and taking prescription drugs and climbing behind the wheel of a large automobile. Kennedy is lucky he didn't kill anyone and he received preferential treatment. Limbaugh was charged but cut a deal. The big difference being Limbaugh wasn't driving.

Quite simple to understand isn't it? Glad I actually agree with XTC AGAIN! That's like twice this year.

Ravenstorm
05-17-2006, 06:30 PM
No. Here's the difference between you and me.

SENARIO A: DEMOCRAT GETS DUI FOR TAKING DRUGS

You: It's bad, but Republicans are just as bad.

SENARIO B: REPUBLICAN GETS DUI FOR TAKING DRUGS

You: FUCKING REPUBLICANS! THEY FUCKING ARE CORRUPT AND THIS PROVES IT!!

Jesus PB. You really have become a fucking idiot haven't you?

A rich white politician isn't thrown in jail for DUI/DWI and instead goes into treatment. Now let's see... Who was the very last famous rich white guy - not necessarily a politician but instead a political commentator as it turns out - who also managed to avoid any jail time and instead gets a slap on the wrist and treatment. Oh, yeah. Rush. What a horrible comparison to make!

Maybe, just maybe if I had merely made the comparison and left it at that there'd be some small justification in making the assumption I gave a shit about their parties. But instead I mention poor black guys. Wait! Of course, that's just clever misdirection on my part to subliminally try to convince everyone that it's all about politics and Republicans are evil! I am teh clevar.

Go back to jerking off over pictures of Bush under the Mission Accomplished sign you moron.

Warriorbird
05-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah. Parkbandit sure likes it under his bridge.

Sean of the Thread
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
You're fucking lost if you can't see the difference between the situations with Rush and Kennedy. Get out of the grown ups thread.

Tsa`ah
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM

You make the assumption that Rush never drove under the influence. Considering he was a full blown junkie ... I'm going to go out on a limb and say he probably did. The only difference between the two is one was involved in an accident and got caught, the other was snitched on by his housekeeper and entered rehab to save face.

My point was nothing more than to point out Rush's hypocrisy ... he has absolutely no room to comment on the situation. His doing so was merely out of political strife.

Politics and political affiliation have nothing to do with the issue.

You're fucking lost if you can't see the difference between the situations with Rush and Kennedy. Get out of the grown ups thread.

The only notable difference is that one was caught, the other was snitched on.

Set your politics aside, grow up, and acknowledge that you add nothing to debates other than meaningless monologue and monotonous tripe.

Sean of the Thread
05-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I'd like to make it clear that I am not a fan of Rush or <insert asshole Kennedy of the month> since you seem to think my politics are involved.

You're delusional if you think you contribute any thing to these "debates" other than regurgitated know it all diarrhea with a twist of pompous arrogant asshole. I'd might think you were suffering from Napoleon Syndrome but you're much more fat than you are short so perhaps we can try something you're not used to...a compromise... we'll just call it Roseanne Barr Syndrome.

Tsa'ah's law of posting: I'm right you're wrong.. now repeat as many times as necessary.

You should take your outstanding 'Bama education and stick to what you know best..breakfast bars and customer service at a Motel 8. Cut your hair hippy hick.. nobody wants that shit in their scrambled eggs.

Tea & Strumpets
05-18-2006, 10:00 AM

Quoted for Bush mention for no apparent reason!

Tea & Strumpets
05-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Oops, looks like the humor was already noticed on pages 2-5. Anyway, on a more serious note, I can't help but be reminded of Reagan and the Iran Contra scandals. Typical republicans.

Warriorbird
05-18-2006, 10:36 AM
So...basically your only response to anything is personal insults, Xyelin?

Way to post late, T&S.

:P

DeV
05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
The big difference being Limbaugh wasn't driving.I have to agree with Tsa'ah on this one and say that your statement goes only as far as you know, which isn't saying much since he was never "caught" driving while intoxicated. It is something that cannot be proven or dissproved so it isn't even worth mentioning.

I do agree that as a public official, not just a public figure, Kennedy must be held to a higher standard than Limbaugh. However, when Limbaugh takes it upon himself to espouse his conservative views on drugs only to discover that he's abusing them himself, then he should be held to a pretty high standard, self imposed, imo.

Also good to note that jail is not really an effective solution to treating addiction. He should have been arrested for changing his damn story so many times.

Parkbandit
05-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Jesus PB. You really have become a fucking idiot haven't you?

A rich white politician isn't thrown in jail for DUI/DWI and instead goes into treatment. Now let's see... Who was the very last famous rich white guy - not necessarily a politician but instead a political commentator as it turns out - who also managed to avoid any jail time and instead gets a slap on the wrist and treatment. Oh, yeah. Rush. What a horrible comparison to make!

Maybe, just maybe if I had merely made the comparison and left it at that there'd be some small justification in making the assumption I gave a shit about their parties. But instead I mention poor black guys. Wait! Of course, that's just clever misdirection on my part to subliminally try to convince everyone that it's all about politics and Republicans are evil! I am teh clevar.

Go back to jerking off over pictures of Bush under the Mission Accomplished sign you moron.

No, I basically laugh at you and the rest of the liberals when you try to 'defend' this assclown by comparing him to a Republican of any sort. Why do you feel the need to compare him to anyone? He fucking got behind the wheel while under the influence.. and used his position to avoid that which the common person would have to go through.

He fucked up and got off scott free. Has zero to do with Bush, Limbaugh, or even Lincoln.

Dumbfuck.

Parkbandit
05-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Oops, looks like the humor was already noticed on pages 2-5. Anyway, on a more serious note, I can't help but be reminded of Reagan and the Iran Contra scandals. Typical republicans.

LOL

I hate Dar, but I like Tea & Strumpets.

Latrinsorm
05-18-2006, 11:33 AM
In fairness, I didn't read Ravenstorm's original response as "yeah well a REPUB did it too!!!" either, and I've rarely seen responses like that from him. Are you sure you're not thinking of WB, PB?

Skirmisher
05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
You make the assumption that Rush never drove under the influence. Considering he was a full blown junkie ... I'm going to go out on a limb and say he probably did. The only difference between the two is one was involved in an accident and got caught, the other was snitched on by his housekeeper and entered rehab to save face.

The only notable difference is that one was caught, the other was snitched on.

Anyone who would go out on a limb and argue that they truly believe that Rush never drove while on his illegal meds would be going against reasonable expectations.

Parkbandit
05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
In fairness, I didn't read Ravenstorm's original response as "yeah well a REPUB did it too!!!" either, and I've rarely seen responses like that from him. Are you sure you're not thinking of WB, PB?

Here was his quote:

Instead of just saying Kennedy had done something wrong, he went ahead and had to compare him to someone from the Republican party who had done something wrong as a way of saying "Yea, but look at the EVIL REPUBLICANS! THEY ARE JUST AS BAD!!!!!" It's a pretty common theme in this thread if you look at the liberal response and I called him out on it. Clearly he didn't like me calling him out on it. Boo fucking hoo.

My point is.. why the comparison? The guy fucked up and deserves to be blasted for his own actions.

Parkbandit
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Anyone who would go out on a limb and argue that they truly believe that Rush never drove while on his illegal meds would be going against reasonable expectations.

Personally, I think Rush is a fucking little bitch. He didn't take responsibility for his actions and used his position to cut a deal that probably wouldn't be available to me or you.

But we're talking about Kennedy here.. not Rush... aren't we?

Warriorbird
05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
You wouldn't find it a big deal if it wasn't a Democrat. And up until this point I've not even gotten started on the Goss thing, which disproves your "You care about every Republican scandal." retort.

I mean, Bill O'Reilly sexually harasses a woman and millions of Fox viewers didn't even take note.

Skirmisher
05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Pish I already agreed that Kennedy was a fool and should face charges, not sure what more is needed to be said about him from me.

CrystalTears
05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
When Bill O'Reilly stops being a news entertainer and actually starts running the world, I will take note. Right now, he's not important enough for me to care.

Warriorbird
05-18-2006, 12:03 PM
He influences millions of conservative Americans on a daily basis. I wouldn't suggest that a young Congressman from a minority party matters more.

xtc
05-18-2006, 12:03 PM

My point was nothing more than to point out Rush's hypocrisy ... he has absolutely no room to comment on the situation. His doing so was merely out of political strife.

I can't believe I am defending Rush Limbaugh but here goes. He wasn't caught driving under the influence, Kennedy was. There are addicts and alcoholics who don't drive when under the influence, maybe Rush was one maybe he wasn't. Rush was prosecuted, Kennedy wasn't.

Skirmisher
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
I can't believe I am defending Rush Limbaugh but here goes. He wasn't caught driving under the influence, Kennedy was. There are addicts and alcoholics who don't drive when under the influence, maybe Rush was one maybe he wasn't. Rush was prosecuted, Kennedy wasn't.

Kennedy SHOULD be prosecuted. Not sure how many times it needs to be said before it sinks in.

Rush is an idiot anyway and anyone who listens to him or takes him seriously is double stupid.

Parkbandit
05-18-2006, 12:20 PM
You wouldn't find it a big deal if it wasn't a Democrat. And up until this point I've not even gotten started on the Goss thing, which disproves your "You care about every Republican scandal." retort.

I mean, Bill O'Reilly sexually harasses a woman and millions of Fox viewers didn't even take note.

Who ever said that they care about every Republican scandal? I'm just sick of the liberals on here piling on Republicans for everything they do.. then jumping on them for everytime a Democrat does something wrong.

It brought me out of my political retirement so to speak. Don't like me pointing out your bullshit? Don't post it.

Latrinsorm
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Instead of just saying Kennedy had done something wrong, he went ahead and had to compare him to someone from the Republican party who had done something wrong as a way of saying "Yea, but look at the EVIL REPUBLICANS! THEY ARE JUST AS BAD!!!!!"Again, I didn't read it that way. :shrug: The tone of the post didn't sound excusatory (if that's a word), the way a lot of the "yeah well BUSH IS A FASCIST/LIAR/RETARD/NAZI" posts sound.

CrystalTears
05-18-2006, 12:33 PM
No he didn't have that tone, but it's the fact that a Republican was mentioned at all instead of just discussing this guy for being what he is.. a complete tool, despite which political party he runs with.

And honestly, I don't really like it when a Republican does something and then a Democrat is mentioned to strengthen the argument. It's dumb when done on either side, however done for effect.

DeV
05-18-2006, 12:38 PM
I read Raven's comment as pure sarcasm mixed with a dab of truth. He didn't make any comparisons either. Reading things within context makes alot of sense.

Sean of the Thread
05-18-2006, 12:53 PM
So...basically your only response to anything is personal insults, Xyelin?

Way to post late, T&S.

:P

No sometimes I respond to yours with a ROFL. This time I was responding to his personal insult.

Drew
05-18-2006, 02:23 PM

This really annoys me. On the Army polygraph test they ask you if you drink and if you say yes then they ask you if you have ever drove while drunk. If you say "no" this is assumed as a lie and is your baseline for lying in future polygraph questions (the way polygraphs are shown in the movie isn't how they actually work, the questioner has to get you to lie about a question). I drink and I have never once driven drunk, I won't drive if I've had 1 drink, so I just don't drink if I'm driving. Maybe a little extreme but I've known too many friends who got DUIs. So saying that if someone does something like drink or take drugs and that they MUST HAVE driven under the influence is just ignorant IMO.

Skirmisher
05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
This really annoys me. On the Army polygraph test they ask you if you drink and if you say yes then they ask you if you have ever drove while drunk. If you say "no" this is assumed as a lie and is your baseline for lying in future polygraph questions (the way polygraphs are shown in the movie isn't how they actually work, the questioner has to get you to lie about a question). I drink and I have never once driven drunk, I won't drive if I've had 1 drink, so I just don't drink if I'm driving. Maybe a little extreme but I've known too many friends who got DUIs. So saying that if someone does something like drink or take drugs and that they MUST HAVE driven under the influence is just ignorant IMO.

I must most politely disagree.

While most people who drink will have driven after having had one drink or maybe even two.....most will not drive while legally drunk or at least will not think they have.

The same can not be said for having taken ONE pill. The labels are not there for no reason. Although reactions do vary, even one tablet can render someone unsafe to drive. And this person has already shown a willingness to break laws they think should not apply to them so why would they not feel they were one of those unaffected enough to drive safely?

I stand by my position.

Warriorbird
05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
"Who ever said that they care about every Republican scandal?"

Actually, that'd be you.

Parkbandit
05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
"Who ever said that they care about every Republican scandal?"

Actually, that'd be you.

Please quote the post in which I said "I care about every Republican Scandal"

Goss, much like NSA 'spying', are basically the 'scandals' that the liberal Bush haters are hoping will develop legs to get him impeached.

Too bad it's not happening. SOOOO sorry :(

Warriorbird
05-19-2006, 01:53 AM
No you implied that "we" (way to have siege mentality) did.

Hmm. Not thinking that the CIA director should be sleeping with hookers has WHAT bearing on impeaching the President? Way to attempt to put words in peoples' mouths.

Tsa`ah
05-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I'd like to make it clear that I am not a fan of Rush or <insert asshole Kennedy of the month> since you seem to think my politics are involved.

I'll call bullshit on this one simply due to your previous post. Let me remind you ....

There are no differences other than a car crash.

You're delusional if you think you contribute any thing to these "debates" other than regurgitated know it all diarrhea with a twist of pompous arrogant asshole. I'd might think you were suffering from Napoleon Syndrome but you're much more fat than you are short so perhaps we can try something you're not used to...a compromise... we'll just call it Roseanne Barr Syndrome.

Bitch please, when you have an original thought, post it. In fact, just post your original thoughts ... we'll not have to read your bullshit for months.

You should take your outstanding 'Bama education and stick to what you know best..breakfast bars and customer service at a Motel 8. Cut your hair hippy hick.. nobody wants that shit in their scrambled eggs.

Here's a tip for you, know what the fuck you're talking about before you post. That should be the rule of thumb for you.

1. I have a degree, do you?
2. I own a hotel, do you?
3. I have a full time job outside of owning a hotel ... do you?
4. My hair is short, I have all of my teeth, and I've never banged a relative ... can you say the same?

I hate to assume, but in this case I'll do it ... I doubt you can say yes to 3 out of 4 of the above. I'll let you guess which I believe you can answer yes to.

Personally, I think Rush is a fucking little bitch. He didn't take responsibility for his actions and used his position to cut a deal that probably wouldn't be available to me or you.

But we're talking about Kennedy here.. not Rush... aren't we?

I interjected the Rush line of debate simply because it's Rush's biggest story line. Rush has no room to comment ... and that was my only point.

The key there was caught. Anything else is pure speculation. That speculation does not hold up against the status quo of addicts. There are "some" addicts that have never driven under the influence, they are by far the extreme minority.

~FYI, an alcoholic is an addict ... there's no need to differentiate.

Your statement would hold some weight if you WERE AN ADDICT.

There are distinct differences between recreational users and addicts. Unless you or your friends are full blown addicts, your above post becomes rather pointless.

MrFeature
05-19-2006, 12:12 PM
He wasn't drunk. He was high on ambien and cocaine.

xtc
05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
The key there was caught. Anything else is pure speculation. That speculation does not hold up against the status quo of addicts. There are "some" addicts that have never driven under the influence, they are by far the extreme minority.

~FYI, an alcoholic is an addict ... there's no need to differentiate.

I won't convict anyone without evidence not even Rush Limbaugh. To say he drove while under the influence is speculation, you can argue it is possible, perhaps if he is arrogant enough even probable but we can't say for sure.

There are many addicts who have never driven under the influence. I have had extensive opportunity to volunteer at different detoxes and treatment centres over a realitively long period of time and many of the people hadn't driven under the influence. I can't say what the percentages are but I don't think they would be in the extreme minority.

Some addicts, drink as they don't consider themselves alcoholics. Many alcoholics don't consider themselves addicts as they never used drugs. Things are changing in the treatment field with the influx of European treatment ideas and the likes of people like Stanton Peele.

Parkbandit
05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I won't convict anyone without evidence not even Rush Limbaugh. To say he drove while under the influence is speculation, you can argue it is possible, perhaps if he is arrogant enough even probable but we can't say for sure.

There are many addicts who have never driven under the influence. I have had extensive opportunity to volunteer at different detoxes and treatment centres over a realitively long period of time and many of the people hadn't driven under the influence. I can't say what the percentages are but I don't think they would be in the extreme minority.

Some addicts, drink as they don't consider themselves alcoholics. Many alcoholics don't consider themselves addicts as they never used drugs. Things are changing in the treatment field with the influx of European treatment ideas and the likes of people like Stanton Peele.

Um, he's even said that the cause of the accident was that he was under the influence of the drugs. Reading is fun-da-mental.

xtc
05-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Um, he's even said that the cause of the accident was that he was under the influence of the drugs. Reading is fun-da-mental.

Yes I know. My post was about Limbaugh not Kennedy. I think I already lambasted Kennedy for being a drugged up asshat behind the wheel. He received preferential treatment and he should be behind bars, like father like son.

Warriorbird
05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah...xtc pretty documentably hates the Kennedys.

Sean of the Thread
05-24-2006, 10:27 PM
The Kennedys (all of them) are a pimple on the ass of America. Disgusting fuckers the lot of them.