PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

RichardCranium
04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Well, the draft is tomorrow and we've just found out that the Texans signed Mario Williams to a 6 year, 54 million dollar contract. Where do you see Reggie Bush going? What does this do for the Top 10?

I personally would love to see Bush go to the Saints, but Tom Benson's too cheap to shell out the bucks for him after signing Drew Brees to that mega contract. I'll hold out hope, but I doubt it...

Rowi
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
I cant see the saints taking bush, they need protection fer Drew, D' Brick all day long! Hey maybe Bush will fall to the packers, that would make one ella jolt to the top ten, HAWK TO BROWNS!!

Krendeli
04-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Saints are gonna trade the pick to the Jets. Jets take Bush. Titans take Young. And the Saints take Hawk.

Stunseed
04-29-2006, 08:17 AM
With the Texans taking M. Williams, it is going to make all these pre-made draft boards nullified. I see the Jets taking a QB over Bush, though I don't believe that is the best move.

Alfster
04-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Saints are gonna trade the pick to the Jets. Jets take Bush. Titans take Young. And the Saints take Hawk.

The Jets need a quarterback badly

Gan
04-29-2006, 11:39 AM
As a Texans fan, I'm glad they did not go with Bush. I agree with the management that Williams was better for the club from a team perspective than Young, although I do not have much faith in Carr, he deserves a little while longer to make or break his case as a top draft pick.

Williams, who has been described as a cross between Julius Peppers and Lawrence Taylor, saw his stock soar after his amazing performance at the NFL combine in February. The 6-foot-61/2, 292-pound Williams ran the 40-yard dash in 4.73 seconds and had 35 reps on the 225-pound bench press.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/draft/2006/04/28/texans.williams.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Stunseed
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM
NFL.com's Draft Tracker for those of us who are at work and can't watch.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round1

Skeeter
04-29-2006, 03:02 PM
leinart dropping to the Cardinals makes me laugh.

We'll never hear from him again.

Sean
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Figures the Bills would find a way to fuck up the #8 pick

RichardCranium
04-29-2006, 03:47 PM

I don't know about that. Having James in the backfield along with Boldin and Fitzgerald to throw to sounds like a pretty good set up to me.

Sean
04-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Marv Levy makes me cry myself to sleep at night...

Drew
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Pretty interesting draft.

Sean of the Thread
04-29-2006, 07:22 PM
I loved the Buc's first rounder..there was lots of talk about him months ago for us then he slipped off the radar.

Skeeter
04-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't know about that. Having James in the backfield along with Boldin and Fitzgerald to throw to sounds like a pretty good set up to me.

It's Arizona. They'll screw it up.

Football's version of the Cubs

Apathy
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM

Who?

Krendeli
04-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Don't be suprised if the Cards in the playoofs next year. They've got offensive talent on par with a team like Indy. All they need is a few mediocre games of defense and I think they can grab the NFC title.

RichardCranium
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Don't be suprised if the Cards in the playoofs next year. They've got offensive talent on par with a team like Indy. All they need is a few mediocre games of defense and I think they can grab the NFC title.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Ilvane
04-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey no one should knock Leinert out..I mean, he had talent with him having Reggie Bush around, but his accuracy is up there as a QB.

I liked him. I also tend to think Arizona is a good place for him, so he will actually get a chance to play. He's ready.

Edited to add..

What do you all thing about Vince Young going to the Titans?

Angela

Skeeter
04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
I think the Titans owner is a tool. Young is waaaaay over rated

Gan
04-29-2006, 11:29 PM
I think the Titans owner is a tool. Young is waaaaay over rated

That would be Bud Adams (owner since the Titans were known as the Oilers when he bought the franchise back in the 60's for like 200K). We were glad to see him leave to Tennessee, even if he did take the Oilers with him.

As far as Young is concerned. He's got a lot of talent, and could do well in the pros if he works hard. He happens to be good friends with McNair, his style is very simliar as well as the offense he's used to playing. I think its a great fit for the Titans since McNair isnt getting any younger.

All in all, I agree with Tijay, a very interesting draft this year indeed.

Skeeter
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
except McNair could pass.

Vince worked out of a 1 look offense. He'd look to 1/2 of the field, if nobody was open, he quickly checked the tight end. nothing there he ran.

That won't work in the NFL. He's not faster than 90% of the people on the field in the NFL

Stunseed
04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Skeeter here. Expect Young to ride pine for a year/a few years.

I hope the Titans enjoy Billy Volek, rofl. I would have honestly thought the Titans would go for Leinart. I am also absolutely surprised the Jets didn't take Leinart/Cutler.

Drew
05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
I am also absolutely surprised the Jets didn't take Leinart/Cutler.

You mean after the Jet's fine draft history?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Sean of the Thread
05-01-2006, 03:42 AM
There are 3 things that are certain in life. Taxes.. death.. and that the Jet fan will never be happy with their draft.

Drew
05-01-2006, 05:21 AM
There are 3 things that are certain in life. Taxes.. death.. and that the Jet fan will never be happy with their draft.

Although not directly implied, I wish to make a public statement that I have never been, am not, and will never be a Jets fan. Any confusion on this subject would cause me a great deal of emotional trauma.

-Go 'Fins