PDA

View Full Version : Tsoran's spreadsheet

Kuyuk
04-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Does it still work properly? or are there glitches and bugs?

K.

Kuyuk
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Nevermind, I DL'd it but I dont even have a xls program. And I only found a free one to view, not edit.

Lame.

K.

Teladro
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Excel?

Kuyuk
04-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Dont have it.

K.

Aithzar
04-23-2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.openoffice.org/

This might work for you, although sometimes the macros and such don't port very well. Great alternative to MSOffice though, and its FREE!

Aith/Russell

radamanthys
04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
I love the spreadsheet, but it needs a good couple of updates- especially for sorcerers

Sean of the Thread
04-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Like what?

Kuyuk
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
open office works, but you cant select what race/profession you are... so it is kinda useless

Sean of the Thread
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Nevermind, I DL'd it but I dont even have a xls program. And I only found a free one to view, not edit.

Lame.

K.

I bet you can find a functioning "shareware" version at http://www.mininova.org/tor/190421.

Kuyuk
04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks X, you rock...however I done have a torrent client etc and I think they're kinda sketchy. But I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

K.

Kuyuk
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
downloading now. X rules today.

K.

radamanthys
04-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Xyelin:

like, the torment TD that's broken, the CS, runestaves and ease of inputting equipment values, expected DS (which seemingly is never the same number twice for me, anyway), and failure/success rates for different spells (MAL and such). It's kinda lacking for spellcasters, and it's hard to throw stuff into someone else's project midway. As a trainer, though, it's a brilliant piece of work, and Tsoran deserves tons of credit.

Sean of the Thread
04-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Oh I've used it for years.. I was just wondering if there were some updates since I quit playing or something. I'll have to check it out later.

DaCapn
04-25-2006, 02:47 AM
I give Tsoran a lot of credit, he knows a lot, put a lot out there and all that, but if you read his docs that come with the sheet... he says this in some sorcery section:

"This is a part of the original spreadsheet I got from Elfarran many years ago, and I’ve never touched this part of it."

Not that he didn't do a lot of it himself (as is clear from the release notes and the documentation itself)... Just trying to give a little credit where it is due. So I guess thanks to Tsoran, Elfarran, and any other silent contributors.

EDIT:
Just wanted to add a little RE: Open Office and related matters. I've never gotten it to work... well... at all really under Open Office. But for those of you who are linux users and have microsoft excel for some reason (don't worry, me too, it's okay...), there exists a great tool aside from the traditional wine package for installation and execution of windows software. Crossover office specifically supports the install of the ms office suite and others (but is capable of so much more).

radamanthys
04-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Oh, yea, I know that he just kept it there from when Elfarran wrote it originally. Tsoran does deserve a ton of credit- I wasn't trying to make him out to be some failure, he's just not a sorcerer. And our spells are rather... complex. I don't blame him, i'm just saying what i'd like to see sometime. I'd make the changes myself, but it's his project and I'd have to rip apart his code to do it, which is rather... complex. Maybe this summer i'll throw some of my own changes into it, for my own use, and see if he's interested.