PDA

View Full Version : How clean is your car?

Dighn Darkbeam
10-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Looking around my parking lot, I at times will take notice the condition my coworkers cars. I have found that generally, the type of car doesnt matter much, but the state of repair and cleanliness speaks a good deal about themselves.

This question was spawned partially from my ruminations inspired by the On time thread.

SO....

List your main car if you have more than one, and its state of repair and level of upkeep.

Model: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited

Repair: Adequate, never missed an oil change.

Cleanliness: Free of all trash, cleaned outside and within twice monthly.

AnticorRifling
10-21-2003, 08:16 AM
My baby, 2000 Mercury Cougar.

Repair: Good but I feel it's time for a new set of feet and an alignment

Cleanliness: You could eat off the floors and the wax job makes the paint look a foot deep. Once a week I rub the leather with oil to keep it in good condition.

Makkah
10-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Cougars are for bitches and gay men.

rht

peam
10-21-2003, 09:24 AM
What do you drive, Rhett?

I've a 2001 Hyundai Accent. Oil's changed religiously, yet it still has a stuck lifter. Car's a mess. I haven't washed it for months, and you can't sit in the back seat.

AnticorRifling
10-21-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Makkah
Cougars are for bitches and gay men.

rht

Don't hate. It's not as fast as your car (think I remember you saying you had an older z) but it's still sweet.

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 09:46 AM
2001 Honda Accord, upkeep is on time, condition is perfect. Inside is very clean as well, *still* has the new car smell. Only thing is a few pump receipts from when I've gotten gas recently. (am I the only one who can't seem to pump an even amount into the car? It's always $10.01 or $15.03 or something dumb like that)

Wezas
10-21-2003, 09:46 AM
2004 SE-R Spec-V
Molten Silver
2400 miles, will get first oil change at 3750.
Scratch in molding strip of passenger door at 240 miles. Fucker.

Washed once a week (if I have time I do it, if not I take it to a great carwash up the street. $15 and they basically detail it).

Before this car, my crappy 1989 Sentra wasn't washed in two years or so. New Car = Me keep it nice.

longshot
10-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by peam
What do you drive, Rhett?

I've a 2001 Hyundai Accent. Oil's changed religiously, yet it still has a stuck lifter. Car's a mess. I haven't washed it for months, and you can't sit in the back seat.

Korean car??!??!?

Peam, no!

Off $20 sledgehammer swings and use the proceeds to buy a car from a nation of people not hell bent on our destruction...

Betheny
10-21-2003, 02:07 PM
My truck is full of junk, and I don't care.

Tendarian
10-21-2003, 02:32 PM
My car is a dumpster on wheels most days but every so often ill get annoyed and clean it spotless.

Bestatte
10-21-2003, 03:10 PM
1994 late-model Ford Explorer Sport (the twin to the Mazda Navaho, last year it was manufactured).

Repair: It's had one tuneup in 8 years. One new set of tires. One new set of brakes. Needs shocks. AC works flawlessly and mechanic says if it isn't broken it doesn't need cleaning/freon/whatever. One new muffler and exhaust pipe. Oil changes every 4 months, except the last year when I just plain forgot. Has a hairline crack in the gasket that keeps the oil from leaking, but there's no oil drip so the mechanic says to leave it alone. Transmission - eh. I didn't read the manual and tried using the 4WD while driving around 60 MPH, so it has a bit of a clunk whenever I use 4WD now. But it still works fine.

Cleanliness: Hahahahahahahahahahha! You can eat off my truck. You'll find the taco remnants in the back seat to be a particular treat, though I prefer the melted Hershey bar on the floor by the hatch. I won't bother mentioning the yearly wasp nest inside the passenger side door. You don't wanna know what's in there.

10-21-2003, 03:17 PM
1994 acura vigor in perfect condition bought it two years agao with 20k miles from a man who owns a body shop...so you can guess the condition of the paint... wash and wax it once a week in the summer and take it though the "touchless" wash in the winter everytime i fill the gas up.... has 42k on it now and it is still as beautiful as the day i bought it... change oil every 3k and only use MOBILE 1

Parkbandit
10-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Honda CRV.

Just put new tires all around. 35,000 miles. I paid cash for it from a stock option payday.

I get to the oil place when I can... right now it's 300 miles over the little sticker. Windshield washer fluid is out.

Outside, it's dusty as hell... inside there some kid shit in the back, a water bottle in the passenger side and change all over the damn floor (My change gadget flipped out, spilling it's contents.)

Jack
10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
1978 Chevy K-10 Pick up. I built the engine in it myself, it now has about 10,000 miles on it. New seats, and new carpet which I keep fairly clean. The outside of the truck is most often coated with mud, but that's to be expected from a big 4x4.....

-Jack

ClawofAndelas
10-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Sort of my main car... First brand new car I have ever bought actually.

Model: 2003 Audi RS6.

Repair: Perfect. The oil has been changed once.

Cleanliness: Soft cloth washed twice per week.

Yeah, I'm a freak about it.

~The Claw

Jolena
10-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Hmm.. 4 door kia.. yeah it's a bitch car and it sucks but hey it gets 32 miles to the gallon so I'm not complaining. Exterior is fine, nice gleaming red which means 'stop don't fucking hit me you ass!'.. everything works in it so I can't complain. Interior? Hmm.. carseats, toys, McD's wrappers from time to time.. change in the cup holder, grass remnants on the floorboards and occassionally dirt because you just can't tell a kid to wipe his feet before climbing into the car *smirks* So yeah.. it's my mobile home for kids but hey.. it's cheap!

Myrianna
10-21-2003, 05:52 PM
'97 Saturn SL1 - Don't clean the outside of it, like ever...

Covered in bumperstickers (which mainly serves the purpose of pissing of religious/straight people), get the oil changed regularly out of necessity...

as for the inside, I've lost my backseat entirely, and the passenger's seat is on its way to being covered.

Conclusion: I'm a lazy slob and I spend too much time in my car.

ClawofAndelas
10-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Myrianna
(which mainly serves the purpose of pissing of religious/straight people)

Is that going to be a sport in the summer or winter olympics?

Great Fun.

~The Claw

Dighn Darkbeam
10-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Now that a good amount have posted regarding their vehicles, perhaps some elaboration on the original idea is in order.

In your opinion does the state of upkeep and condition of your/anothers car reflect anything at all about that person? If so, what?

Myrianna
10-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Myrianna

Conclusion: I'm a lazy slob and I spend too much time in my car.

That IS what my car says about me! :D

Wezas
10-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Scarface
Also, I am thinking of buying one of those brand new Ford F150's. I need a truck for play and towing things, and I just sold my old one. Anyone have one?

you looking at the F150 Lightning? Mmmmm, now that's a truck.

Drew2
10-21-2003, 07:09 PM
I ride the bus.

ClawofAndelas
10-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina

I guess that means you're cheap and effective? :D

Perhaps it means he's always late and smells like urine?

~The Claw

Stunseed
10-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ClawofAndelas

~The Claw

You're my bro, but that's some funny shit.

ClawofAndelas
10-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Just for the record...

I'm just joking. I have nothing against anyone who posts here, except personshm whose nameshm end in 'hm'.

~The Claw

HarmNone
10-21-2003, 11:22 PM
I drive a 2002 Silver Infiniti Q45. Love it! So do the guys at the carwash up the road, so they always give it special care when I come in once a month or so.

Since it is just me, mostly, who rides around in it, it stays pretty clean. The leather interior helps, since it doesn't spot or stain easily.

HarmNone loves her car

*Edited because one should spell correctly that which one loves*

[Edited on 10-22-2003 by HarmNone]

Stunseed
10-21-2003, 11:28 PM
I wish I had room to talk. I blew the modified engine out of my Jeep, so it's up on the ramps right now. The Interpid was a very nice substitute, however.

I'm also looking into getting either a convertible, or a pimp tight bike. Looking at a teal Sunfire or a Honda CBR950 ZX3, I think.

Love you Jolena!

AnticorRifling
10-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
I wish I had room to talk. I blew the modified engine out of my Jeep, so it's up on the ramps right now. The Interpid was a very nice substitute, however.

I'm also looking into getting either a convertible, or a pimp tight bike. Looking at a teal Sunfire or a Honda CBR950 ZX3, I think.

Love you Jolena!

You're going from a jeep to a TEAL SUNFIRE?!! I worry about you, I really do. Why not just go all out and get that miata...

AnticorRifling
10-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
Now that a good amount have posted regarding their vehicles, perhaps some elaboration on the original idea is in order.

In your opinion does the state of upkeep and condition of your/anothers car reflect anything at all about that person? If so, what?

Yes, depending on the condition it's either:
Someone that takes great pride in their things and themselves.

Someone who takes care of their car but is too busy to keep it show room nice (I would also consider this a clean person)

......doesn't really care about the car or what people think and impressions must not matter to them.

......is trying to show the world what kind of slob or redneck(if covered in mud whoohoo muddin! get a clue idiots mudding is not cool) and they are rebeling against cleanliness and good personal hygiene.

Tendarian
10-22-2003, 10:27 AM
I think if its always clean and always perfect it shows that they think their car is really important or that they are just really anal about things.

On the other hand if its really messy they just dont care or are incredible slobs.

Zanagodly
10-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Mudding is fun though, c'mon!

Camri
10-22-2003, 11:43 AM
I drive a 2000 Cavalier, teal, 2 door, with a sunroof. It had a tan interior.

The inside of my car is usually immaculate. I wash the outside once a week. All of my maintenance is kept up on schedule, because I can't afford repairs.

Yesterday, in an emergency situation, I had to drive a friends injured cat to the vet ( I hate cats). The cat freaked out during the drive, and wouldn't stay put.

Now I have bloodspots everywhere. I've tried 2 kinds of upholstery cleaner. After a lot of scrubbing, I still have dull brownish colored spots. The material is still damp, so it isn't dried in yet.

Any of you car people have any suggestions about a miracle cleaner that might get this out?

Weedmage Princess
10-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed ...or a pimp tight bike...

What kind of bike?

~Weedie who wishes she had the courage to actually ride a motorcycle :(

longshot
10-22-2003, 12:30 PM
My mama charli bicycle with basket pwns!

The basket is spotless, and the bungee cord to tie things to the back is in perfect condition. Not frayed at all. You could eat off the fake grey leather seat...

I went from a 325is BMW to a fucking bike with a basket.

How the mighty have fallen...

Weedmage Princess
10-22-2003, 12:34 PM
LMAO

Post a pic Longshot!!!

Faellyn
10-22-2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by ClawofAndelas

~The Claw

You're my bro, but that's some funny shit.

Nah, that's the subway. The bus is late and smells like vomit.

My car is a trash pit. It's 1996 Olds '88 with almost 100k miles on it. The oil might have been changed once in the 2 years we've had it, and I clean it out if more than 2 people are going to be riding in it........usually :) As for what that says about me? I'm either a massive slob who doesn't care about their ride, OR I'm a busy mom of 2 with 2 jobs and eat in the car a lot and don't consider the car as high a priority as the kids, the house or the jobs (or the bf either for that matter :) )

[Edited on 10-22-2003 by Faellyn]

Jack
10-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

......is trying to show the world what kind of slob or redneck(if covered in mud whoohoo muddin! get a clue idiots mudding is not cool) and they are rebeling against cleanliness and good personal hygiene.

It's archery season here, so going off road, through mud, is unavoidable. Aside from which, my truck is designed for off road use. I think you are just angry because I could easily run over your car......

-Jack

edited to get rid of italics.

[Edited on 10-22-2003 by Jack]

Hulkein
10-22-2003, 11:44 PM
Just traded in the '99 integra I had been driving for like 3 years.. Got a 2000 explorer with 28k miles on it, so it's spotless (Just drove it out of the dealership 3 hours ago.) Can't wait for it to start snowing here so I can go out with the 4 wheel drive.

Stunseed
10-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Pay for the gas and take a trip right up interstate 91, Hulkein. I lived in Vermont and it was absolutely breath-taking. Mt. Okemo is also awesome for skiing and snowboarding, if that's your bag.

Hulkein
10-23-2003, 12:23 AM
I go skiing once a year up the pocono's with my friends, it's an awesome house, has a nice living room and kitchen, than two master bedrooms on the first floor with king size beds.. then up the steps it's a like a loft, no walls just railings where you can look downstairs, up there it has 8 beds, 4 on each side of the house. I love going up there with a few cases of beer and some buddies than just inviting all the good looking snow bunnies (haha, snow bunnies is the corniest phrase but it's just funny when your skiing) to the house for the next night. Is it me or do chicks look hotter on a snow covered mountain?

I-91? Wouldn't I take I-95 to go up that way? Don't know where I-91 is.

[Edited on 10-23-2003 by Hulkein]

Stunseed
10-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Take I-95 through New York. Then to I-91, which goes through CT, all the way up on the VT and NH border up to Canada, eh. Just driving up 91 through VT is incredible. Watching the snow fall over the trees, it's so clear and pristine while you drive. Watch out, townsfolk are old and nasty. The average age of the town I lived in was 42 < double blah! >, but near Okemo "snow bunnies" are quite the normal. Plus once you learn it, you know best times for Okemo. Perfect place to go for not loads of money.

Carl Spackler
10-23-2003, 01:07 AM
'99 silver oldsmobile aurora, grey leather interior, the car is clean on the inside, the trunk is a mess of shit right now, all my hockey and golf shit is crammed in there.

JustMe
10-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Camri
I drive a 2000 Cavalier, teal, 2 door, with a sunroof. It had a tan interior.

The inside of my car is usually immaculate. I wash the outside once a week. All of my maintenance is kept up on schedule, because I can't afford repairs.

Yesterday, in an emergency situation, I had to drive a friends injured cat to the vet ( I hate cats). The cat freaked out during the drive, and wouldn't stay put.

Now I have bloodspots everywhere. I've tried 2 kinds of upholstery cleaner. After a lot of scrubbing, I still have dull brownish colored spots. The material is still damp, so it isn't dried in yet.

Any of you car people have any suggestions about a miracle cleaner that might get this out?

Have you tried OxyClean? I use that in a spray bottle + steam cleaner. Everything stays like new, carpet, vehicles, clothes.

My vehicles get hand washed once or twice a week unless I'm in a rush or it's cold out, then I take it to the touchless car wash. I cannot stand a dirty vehicle, inside or outside. :thumbsdown:

Edited because I'm dyslexic..

[Edited on 10-23-2003 by JustMe]

Camri
10-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by JustMe

Have you tried OxyClean? I use that in a spray bottle + steam cleaner. Everything stays like new, carpet, vehicles, clothes.

My vehicles get hand washed once or twice a week unless I'm in a rush or it's cold out, then I take it to the touchless car wash. I cannot stand a dirty vehicle, inside or outside. :thumbsdown:

Edited because I'm dyslexic..

[Edited on 10-23-2003 by JustMe]

I took it to a carwash today, and they got it out with a steam cleaner. Oxy clean probably would have worked though, and it would have been cheaper. I wish I would have thought of that.

HarmNone
10-23-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by longshot
My mama charli bicycle with basket pwns!

The basket is spotless, and the bungee cord to tie things to the back is in perfect condition. Not frayed at all. You could eat off the fake grey leather seat...

I went from a 325is BMW to a fucking bike with a basket.

How the mighty have fallen...

Heh. The mighty might have a damned good deal going there. With the price of gas these days, I have been considering a horse. ;)

HarmNone wonders if a horse would mind living in the garage...

Betheny
10-23-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Scarface
Also, wish me luck... I am going to the local police auction this weekend with a ton of cash to hopefully win the ferrari testarosa that is up for bidding.

good luck insuring it, I can't even afford to insure my s10 4x3 6-cyl

Dighn Darkbeam
10-23-2003, 11:26 AM
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited for 900 every six months.

Age 20, male, single, one speeding ticket. Not too shabby.

Jolena
10-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

Love you Jolena!

You're going from a jeep to a TEAL SUNFIRE?!! I worry about you, I really do. Why not just go all out and get that miata...

Shhhhh! *flails* I get the jeep! Hush please before he changes his mind! Would you REALLY want to deprive a girl from going from a Kia to a Jeep?! Come ON.. help a woman out!! *whines*

Stunseed
10-23-2003, 02:48 PM
See my point, folks? For some reason, I don't think I'll be in control of my Jeep, so I better get something I like. Part of me wants to get a Nissan Xterra. All of my closest friends from HS all drive em. My best friend just picked up a Spec-V, and my two friends who just got back from across the way < one from Afganistan, one from Iraq > both got new Frontiers without even knowing it. And since I'm a SUV kinda guy, it makes sense......

PS. My idea of a dream car is a pimped out ice cream truck.

ClawofAndelas
10-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited for 900 every six months.

Age 20, male, single, one speeding ticket. Not too shabby.

Speaking as an insurance agent (ex-insurance agent)...

Not too shabby at all, depending on where you live. You'll probably see a huge drop when you turn 21. One thing to check, if you live in or near a large city but actually live in one of the suburbs: Check with your insurance company and see which city they have you listed as living in. Since insurance companies use ZIP codes they automatically default to the main (bigger) city when a ZIP code is used in more than one.

About 6 years ago I was going over my policy at renewal and noticed I was listed as living in the bigger city proper instead of the nice, low crime, suburb. I called and made the switch, saving $600 per year. I gave my dad a call and let him know about it and he ended up saving around $1600 per year. (My brother was still living with him at the time.)

There are lots of things you can do to help lower that insurance premium.

~The Claw

WilliamWilson
03-22-2021, 04:19 PM
Speaking as an insurance agent (ex-insurance agent)...

Not too shabby at all, depending on where you live. You'll probably see a huge drop when you turn 21. One thing to check, if you live in or near a large city but actually live in one of the suburbs: Check with your insurance company and see which city they have you listed as living in. Since insurance companies use ZIP codes they automatically default to the main (bigger) city when a ZIP code is used in more than one.

About 6 years ago I was going over my policy at renewal and noticed I was listed as living in the bigger city proper instead of the nice, low crime, suburb. I called and made the switch, saving $600 per year. I gave my dad a call and let him know about it and he ended up saving around $1600 per year. (My brother was still living with him at the time.)

There are lots of things you can do to help lower that insurance premium.

~The Claw

And what about the different varieties for the cleaning of the car? Do you use the cleaning services assistance for this purpose? Or do you make it clean on your own?

Ardwen
03-22-2021, 04:51 PM
As if we here on Players Corner would ever stoop to cleaning our own vehicles, do you think we are uncouth heathens Bot?

Taernath
03-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Whenever my car gets dirty I just buy a new one.

Velfi
03-22-2021, 05:03 PM
As if we here on Players Corner would ever stoop to cleaning our own vehicles, do you think we are uncouth heathens Bot?

Some 18 years later questions demand answers.

Frimpleton
03-22-2021, 05:19 PM
This bot gets my vote. We should have more random necro'd threads from 2003.

Gelston
03-22-2021, 05:25 PM
I got a membership at zip's on both my vehicles. Run them through once a week.

Candor
03-22-2021, 06:30 PM
I like the dust in my car :).

Viekn
03-22-2021, 08:30 PM
Whenever my car gets dirty I just buy a new one.

I follow a car detailer on Tik Tok because it's weirdly satisfying to watch what they can do. He did a car like that. It was so trashed on the inside I literally would have just gotten a new car.

Viekn
03-22-2021, 08:31 PM
I like the dust in my car :).

I call my dust Casandra. Gives me someone to talk to on long drives.

Bhaalizmo
03-26-2021, 11:06 AM
I got a membership at zip's on both my vehicles. Run them through once a week.

Likewise. The zips down the road misses the nooks and crannies, but I still like the convenience of rolling through with that fast pass.

AnnaThayer
03-27-2021, 06:15 PM
The first thing is necessary to use is your car vacuum cleaner. And the best approach towards its usage will guarantee you qulaity result.

Velfi
03-27-2021, 06:40 PM
The first thing is necessary to use is your car vacuum cleaner. And the best approach towards its usage will guarantee you qulaity result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

Caleb Delashow
05-25-2021, 04:52 PM
The other day I got a used Subaru Outback 2020 (thanks these (https://carplus.co.uk/bad-credit-car-finance/) guys) That is my first car and that is why I clean it every week or so.

Velfi
05-25-2021, 05:04 PM
Clean it every week or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

Stanley Burrell
05-25-2021, 08:13 PM

Stanley Burrell
05-25-2021, 08:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xw86pNN.gif

Dendum
05-25-2021, 08:20 PM
I like a good drive through car wash with a manual vacuum at the end.