PDA

View Full Version : Pimps up

Poppatrunk
04-22-2006, 02:46 AM
J>
[Daenisa (subdued)]: "I have a very cute Lord sitting here that is willing to be auctioned off, for a four period of time he is a healer and during the time frame you get to keep all he can make, coins to go to the youngins under 7 trains, anyone interested? MB 5K CB 57.5K to Rocksand twice"

sJ>think how's it feel to be pimped anyway?
You focus on projecting your thoughts...
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
[Zakah (subdued)]: "how's it feel to be pimped anyway?"

*** Please remember that out-of-character, out-of-genre, or 'real world' speech or actions are disruptive to the roleplaying atmosphere and may be a violation of GemStone IV Policy. Out-of-character discussions and actions should be kept to private rooms and whispers. Try to base your actions on what your character would do in keeping with the role-playing environment of GemStone IV. Thank you.

first time I ever got this message, wondering if the word "pimped" just triggers it automatically or if a GM sent it to me. no one was on staff at the time. anyway, prostitution is the oldest professsion known to man, even though in this circumstance the "HO" isn't doing any sexual favors, he's still being pimped. am I wrong?
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Drew
04-22-2006, 02:51 AM
Pimp is not an allowed word in GS, been like that forever, and it's automatic.

Fission
04-22-2006, 02:53 AM
If it was from a GM, I think it would have been done with a SEND.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard if he actually ended up being bought by Rocksand, though.

Poppatrunk
04-22-2006, 03:10 AM
any other words like that?
________
Alaska Dispensary (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

Stunseed
04-22-2006, 03:21 AM
If it was from a GM, I think it would have been done with a SEND.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard if he actually ended up being bought by Rocksand, though.

Seconded.

Caramia
04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Even if the word pimp has been around since the Middle Ages, its rampant use in today's Hip-Hop arena and gangsta/ghetto speak makes it modern slang. If prostitution exists in Elanthia, it's probably behind closed doors. I can't imagine the PRO and CHE GMs approving a known house of ill-repute. Silvergate might rent out private rooms, but as far as I know, they don't supply the girls cybering within them.

Latrinsorm
04-27-2006, 08:44 PM
If prostitution exists in Elanthia, it's probably behind closed doors.Snakestone says, "No, you need to pay someone for that you know, that gets high prices in the better whorehouses."

Yeah, probably.