PDA

View Full Version : Web Comic HELP!?!?! :)

Summertime
04-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Ok folks.. need your help!

There is a web comic that needs some support. Its largely AD&D based, but with a few nice turns and twists. I guess it looks at some of the latest edition additions.. but only in passing.

What I NEED, is for you folks to help 'em out.

Go Here: Chronicles of Garas (http://www.chroniclesofgaras.com/default.php)

Read the Comic please.. and EVERY SINGLE DAY.. vote & confirm your vote for them! (the vote button is right under the comic.)

Im trying to get these guys more exposure, and a spot in the top 10. Can you PLEASE help me out? Thanks.

Sean of the Thread
04-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Or not.

Teladro
04-19-2006, 08:49 AM
OOTS FTW.

The Ponzzz
04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I voted... I was impressed by some of the pencil drawings, but the story is kinda, well, boring... Not meaning to be negative, just figured yer in cahoots with them, so perhaps you could give them feed back.

Aaysia
04-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I've known about Chronicles of Garas for a while. The art is great, but there are lapses between updates. So if anything I check it like once a month or so, when I see the link on my favorites and go 'oh yea! this comic exists! Right...'

Some of the comics at the top of the buzzcomics links are a lot more consistant on updates than Chronics of Garas.

Summertime
04-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Okies.. just so you know, I'm not affiliated with C.O.G. in any way.. I'm just a fan. I've been trying to drum up support, and get them some recognition. I speak fairly regularly with BOTH the writter and the artist, and helped them get a few things worked out for the near future.

Granted, there have been problems with updates in the past, but we've been able to get to a Friday regular update for the forseeable future. Im also working on a Mon/Fri schedule.. which would help the comic IMMENSELY.

The story (for the comic, not the process) is quite involved, and will take quite awhile to tell. Its more of a book made into comic then a standard web-comic. Most web-comics are episodic in nature, wrapping up in an update or 2.. rarely taking more then a handfull of pages to finish a plot, then moving on the the next basicly unrelated bit. C.O.G. offers quite a bit more, and I'm hoping I can intrest folks in taking the time to give it a chance, wait & see what happens.

Teladro, what does this mean please?

"OOTS FTW."

And Xyelin, whats the problem?

"Or not"

I'm just reaching out to the folks of the board for a little help.. let the guys who have redoubled their eforts to got past some past difficulties, know that their effort isn't wasted. I appreciate what they are trying to do.. and felt people here might as well.

Jolena
04-19-2006, 10:18 AM
You should just ignore Xyelin, he's an ass to pretty much everyone for any reason he can think of. Just part of the territory I suppose you could say.

Summertime
04-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Odd that.. reminds me of the guy from Canada I used to call 'Chef Boy R U Ugly'... made him insane ;)

You should just ignore Xyelin, he's an ass to pretty much everyone for any reason he can think of. Just part of the territory I suppose you could say.

Hips
04-19-2006, 10:23 AM
OOTS FTW = Order of the Stick for the win.

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript

StrayRogue
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
The Noob is better.

Wezas
04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Well I'm sure the initial poster would want us to vote for whichever one we feel should be the winner, not necessarily the one she mentioned.

Summertime
04-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Thank you StrayRogue.. it was Xcalibur I was thinking of... it's been so long since I posted, forgot his name.

Oh.. and Wezas is pretty much correct, I'm just hoping folks will tune into C.O.G.... like what they see, understand that there is LOTS more (and better) to come, and show their support with a vote. Obviously if you have a different favorite, then you should vote for that one... but if you're NOT voting allready, what harm can it do you to vote for C.O.G. :)

HarmNone
04-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Thank you StrayRogue.. it was Xcalibur I was thinking of... it's been so long since I posted, forgot his name.

Gah! Say thee not the name of the beast, for it may return to haunt you (and us, dammit!). :help:

Latrinsorm
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm just a fan. ... we've been able to get to a Friday regular update for the forseeable future. Im also working on a Mon/Fri scheduleHmm?

I would strongly encourage the creators of the comic to have regular updates at least twice a week.

Sean of the Thread
04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Or not.

Sorry it was early and didn't feel I needed to explain why I didn't like it.

Short version = "or not" as in I won't be participating in a daily reading or voting as I found it very boring.

Sean of the Thread
04-19-2006, 01:59 PM

If by everyone you mean the short list of about five posters... that you just happen to be on for being an arrogant attention whore as demonstrated in your post.

Summertime
04-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Prove you're not like Jolena said.. read the comic and vote everyday... that'll show em! ;)

If by everyone you mean the short list of about five posters... that you just happen to be on for being an arrogant attention whore as demonstrated in your post.

Soulpieced
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
What was the name of the Final Fantasy based comic? I used to read that a few years back, but completely forgot about it until now. Unsuspecting hero looking for adventure.

Latrinsorm
04-19-2006, 10:44 PM
8-bit Theater at nuklearpower.com is... loosely FF-based.

Sean of the Thread
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Prove you're not like Jolena said.. read the comic and vote everyday... that'll show em! ;)

I don't give a shit what you or butterlena think therefore I will not be contributing to your comic whoring activity. However if there are some boob pics involved I'll vote daily for at least a few weeks.

Alfster
04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm going on a hunch that you don't wanna see those titties.

And that comic sucks - I'll be sure to vote everyday for a different one.