PDA

View Full Version : Moc and Lores vs. Ball Spells

Askip
04-15-2006, 02:26 PM
I've lost my notes on the effect of the MoC and Lore skills on ball spells, and I do not remember how the MoC ranks added targets.

Was it one additional target per rank, or was this replaced with Lores?

I believe Lore can increase the size of the ball for damage but does it also increase targets too?

Any notes you folks want to share are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Askip

P.S. Any info on guaranteed vs. possible targets would be great if such exists.

P.P.S Yes I did read the play.net info, but somtimes... :D

Fallen
04-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I recently read a discussion on the boards, and this issue is quite confusing. From my understand of what was said, training in the LORE that affects your ball bolt spell increases the upper threshold of how many creatures you can hit, raising your possible maximum range of targets.

Training in MOC lowers your Minimum threshhold, raising the amount of creatures you will ALWAYS hit, though not always.

So, lets say with 0 Lore and 0 MOC you have a chance to hit 1-10 creatures

1 lore 0 MoC 1-11 creatures

0 lore, 1 MoC 2-10 creatures

And so on. These numbers are in no way accurate, that is simply the theory I have gathered from what I have read. Hope this helps.

Fallen
04-15-2006, 03:10 PM
A point to note is training in lores does not provide Absolute benefits, it simply weights the rolls in your favor. Even if you increase youre Lore, bumping the amount of targets you can strike to 19, you may only strike 1, or 5, or whatever.

Training in MoC works the same way. I think this is what confuses so many people.

Askip
04-16-2006, 03:44 AM
That sounds pretty much the way I remember it, thanks.

:D